Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: Arenas - 6 years/$111mil

so he took off like 2.5 per year? enough to sign a scrub, k
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
big deal... he took 16 mil less on 127 mil dollar deal, trying to make it sound like hes unselfish and helping his team. take a league minimum deal to help out your team *****, you'd still make a hell of a lot more than the average person

That sounds like a scrumptious idea!
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #18
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
so he took off like 2.5 per year? enough to sign a scrub, k
You obviously have an agenda.

People who still criticize him freeing up money to COUPLE with the money already available and sign better free agents than they would have been able to, are going to hate on Arenas no matter what he does. You are a fool if you don't acknowledge the difference in caliber of player you can land by offering $7.5mil/yr than $5mil/yr. If you think the impact of accepting a lesser deal is negligent you don't understand the economic impact of every dollar in a salary clap situation.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Must be nice to be Posey. Win a ring with Boston in a contract year and watch teams willing overpay for your services.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Arenas is not worth $124-127mil and not $111mil. Who cares if he is taking "less". The end result remains constant. OVERPAID.

"Hey I still want to be an overpaid player. But I'll take less money to remain overpaid if we can sign Jamison. I'm so unselfish"

lol
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Must be nice to be Posey. Win a ring with Boston in a contract year and watch teams willing overpay for your services.
Posey is this year's Tim Thomas/Larry Hughes. Don't get me wrong... he is a nice role player, but he is clearly going to receive a contract that severely overpays for what a role player should be worth.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #22
omarnyc
Local High School Star

if i was the wizards i would have let the warriors over pay him, arenas is a good player but he's not hard to replace,matter fact there are cheaper players that may have been a better fit on that team.
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #23
YAWN
NBA All-star

what the hell are you gonna get with 16 million over 6 years? thats less than 3 million a year...

you may be able to score Slava Medvedenko or Samaki Walker
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #24
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN

you may be able to score Slava Medvedenko or Samaki Walker

2002 called. It wants it quote back.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

I gotta admit, Gil made me eat my words. I mean, even though $111 mill is still a hell of a lot, how many players do you hear agreeing to take 16 mill off of their contract so that the team can sign other good players.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

Although his logic is still a little off:
Quote:
"What can I do for my family with $127 million that I can't do with $111 million?" he told The Washington Post.

I'm sure you could do plenty for your family with $1 mill, let alone $111 mill... I hate when rich athletes always give the "I need to make the best decision for me and my family." I mean come on... there's people living in the street for god sakes.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #27
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Anyone who says Arenas is still taking a lot of money, youre right, but youre also nitpicking. The guy is taking $16mil less, thats essentially him giving his own money to sign another player who can help the Wizards cause.

$16 million less over 6 years... that's less than the MLE... that's less than $3 million a year.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #28
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Shape
2002 called. It wants it quote back.
2008 called. you're not gonna get **** for 2.5 million.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #29
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Although his logic is still a little off:

I'm sure you could do plenty for your family with $1 mill, let alone $111 mill... I hate when rich athletes always give the "I need to make the best decision for me and my family." I mean come on... there's people living in the street for god sakes.

i dont think you understood what he was saying. he was saying that he could do practically ANYTHING with 111 mill, such that the difference between 127 and 111 wont affect him. get it right kid, and stop being a self righteous prick. you know damn well you would take what he took or more if you were in his position but haters are gonna hate no matter what. his success creates a hole in your souls. be happy for him a true underdog. man, F this, i cant take it anymore, its always like this.
story goes: underdog is cheered by the masses, underdog starts having some success/recognition, underdog is finally recognized/rewarded, the masses turn on the "underdog", blast him for being a sellout and a phony, when all it is inside is hatred and jealousy. F u all. happened with gilbert, happened with youtube, and is pretty mcuh a never-ending cycle
solidus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #30
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Arenas is not worth $124-127mil and not $111mil. Who cares if he is taking "less". The end result remains constant. OVERPAID.

"Hey I still want to be an overpaid player. But I'll take less money to remain overpaid if we can sign Jamison. I'm so unselfish"

lol

gobb, u a hater too, so what if he's overpaid, you dont blame a player for being overpaid and for taking what is offered to him. society is such that people will usually take the greatest reward offered to them by the system, and guess what? u FUEL the system, biat ch. u would do the exact same thing and then whimper, "why are all these ppl hating on me.. boo hoo"
yes lets hug it out.
solidus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: