Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Arenas - 6 years/$111mil

Yesterday, I was critical of the Wizards offering him the max because he didn't deserve it.

Today, I appauld him for taking less money. No one could fault him for going for the max, but he wants to win so he did the right thing.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #32
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish Arenas could stick his head out of his ass for just a moment.
just so he can realize HES NOT WORTH IT!!
ok why would the wizards pay 111 million do they expect him to win them a championship.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus_maximus
gobb, u a hater too, so what if he's overpaid,

If i was a hater you wouldnt agree that he is overpaid. Atleast use the word in its proper context assmunch.

Quote:
you dont blame a player for being overpaid and for taking what is offered to him.

It wasnt offered. He demanded it and the Wash Wiz in returned said "We will comply to your demands because we want you". Gilbert knows Wash wants him. So the ball is in his court and he can do as he pleases with it. And guess what? He did. He pretty much ran and dictated the moves Wash did and probably will do.

Quote:
society is such that people will usually take the greatest reward offered to them by the system, and guess what? u FUEL the system, biat ch. u would do the exact same thing and then whimper, "why are all these ppl hating on me.. boo hoo"

ASSumption is such a bytch.

I would acknowledge I am overpaid and the people who comment as I am doing? Have a point. Wouldnt lose sleep and neither will Gilbert. You on the otherhand? Who knows. Wouldnt want to ASSume like you.

Quote:
yes lets hug it out.

Lets not bytch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #34
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I wish Arenas could stick his head out of his ass for just a moment.
just so he can realize HES NOT WORTH IT!!
ok why would the wizards pay 111 million do they expect him to win them a championship.
Why the fuck would he care if he isn't worth it?

It's not his responsibility to turn money down. That's not how it works.

So if you were Gilbert Arenas, you would "stick your head out of your ass for just a moment" and say, "Hey, I'm not worth this much. I'll take $16 million less."

Get the fuck out of here.

What he did was admirable, but rare and not is expected of him. He's not the one who needs to pull his head out of his ass.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #35
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Why the fuck would he care if he isn't worth it?

It's not his responsibility to turn money down. That's not how it works.

So if you were Gilbert Arenas, you would "stick your head out of your ass for just a moment" and say, "Hey, I'm not worth this much. I'll take $16 million less."

Get the fuck out of here.

What he did was admirable, but rare and not is expected of him. He's not the one who needs to pull his head out of his ass.

hEY FATBOY maybe you need to stick YOUR head out HIS ass. He said he wanted to max contract. I dont think he is worth it. You dumb ass none one does. besides you because you just keep sucking his dick
Old 07-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #36
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

solidus_maximus has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If i was a hater you wouldnt agree that he is overpaid. Atleast use the word in its proper context assmunch.

I would acknowledge I am overpaid and the people who comment as I am doing? Have a point. Wouldnt lose sleep and neither will Gilbert. You on the otherhand? Who knows. Wouldnt want to ASSume like you.

if you were a hater i woudlnt agree that he is overpaid? wtf? nah son, u should probably take an elementary course in logic or something. i can agree he's overpaid but be happy for the man, whereas you can also agree he's overpaid but hate on him for his decisions and ability to command a high salary in the market

i expected a better response from you, but i shouldn't have. very originally with the ASSume, yes dont wanna make an ass out of U n ME, haha!!
and lastly "I would acknowledge I am overpaid and the people who comment as I am doing? Have a point." great sentence structure, i had to do a quadruple take. point in hand, ultimate fail and GTFOH
solidus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #37
fatboy11

Quote:
hEY FATBOY maybe you need to stick YOUR head out HIS ass. He said he wanted to max contract. I dont think he is worth it. You dumb ass none one does. besides you because you just keep sucking his dick
I've never seen a quote from him saying he wanted a max contract.

Whether he said it or not doesn't matter, though.

Players try to get the most money they can. People try to get jobs that pay the most money they can get. It's human nature. Not many people turn down more money. It's like your boss coming to you at the office and saying, "We want to give you this big raise." Then you say, "Nah, I want to save the company money and help the bottom line."

No one does that really.

Now, it doesn't really matter if you asked for a raise and turned it down. Most people don't turn it down.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #38
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

^ Baron Davis turned it down, Elton Brand turned it down. But all Im saying is why even offer him a max contract. Do you think he will help you win a championship with all that money given to just one player??
Old 07-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #39
fatboy11

Quote:
^ Baron Davis turned it down, Elton Brand turned it down. But all Im saying is why even offer him a max contract. Do you think he will help you win a championship with all that money given to just one player??
With GS offering a max deal, what was Washington supposed to do? Just let their star player walk. Whether you like Arenas or not, think he's overrated or not, think he's overpaid or not......he still is the man in Washington. He's their franchise player.

And did GS ever actually offer Baron Davis a max contract? Not sure I've read that.

And Elton Brand hasn't turned shit down yet. He probably will turn GS's deal down, but he hasn't yet. It's not done until it's done.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i dont think you understood what he was saying. he was saying that he could do practically ANYTHING with 111 mill, such that the difference between 127 and 111 wont affect him. get it right kid, and stop being a self righteous prick. you know damn well you would take what he took or more if you were in his position but haters are gonna hate no matter what. his success creates a hole in your souls. be happy for him a true underdog. man, F this, i cant take it anymore, its always like this.
story goes: underdog is cheered by the masses, underdog starts having some success/recognition, underdog is finally recognized/rewarded, the masses turn on the "underdog", blast him for being a sellout and a phony, when all it is inside is hatred and jealousy. F u all. happened with gilbert, happened with youtube, and is pretty mcuh a never-ending cycle
more like YOU don't understand what I said. I was saying that he was overstating the obvious... All NBA players make enough to support their fams, even the ones who make 4-500k. That's my point. Do you NEED more than that? get off his nuts.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
if you were a hater i woudlnt agree that he is overpaid? wtf? nah son, u should probably take an elementary course in logic or something.

"or something"

Gotta love when someone types that.

Quote:
i can agree he's overpaid but be happy for the man, whereas you can also agree he's overpaid but hate on him for his decisions and ability to command a high salary in the market

Textbook rambling. Probably own a degree in it.

Quote:
i expected a better response from you, but i shouldn't have.

This line has been played out. The ole "I expected more but then again..."

And your next remarks is questioning someone originality? Hilarious

Quote:
"I would acknowledge I am overpaid and the people who comment as I am doing? Have a point." great sentence structure, i had to do a quadruple take. point in hand, ultimate fail and GTFOH

Now you're an English major. Brilliant.

What was your point again? Oh be happy for Gilbert getting paid $111,000,000 or else be considered a hater.

Kids today. Need male role models in thier lives.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #42
fatboy11

I don't understand how 65% of NBA players go broke with money like less, whether it be $111 million or $127 million, going around.

I know very few players make that kind of money, but most players are making multi-millions per year.

How the fuck do you completely blow that?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #43
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I don't understand how 65% of NBA players go broke with money like less, whether it be $111 million or $127 million, going around.

I know very few players make that kind of money, but most players are making multi-millions per year.

How the fuck do you completely blow that?
I think it's easy come easy go. While NBA athletes do put in a lot of time in the gym, working out, etc.. they are ultimately getting paid millions to play the game of basketball so the money doesn't mean as much to them as those who do ****ty jobs or just harder jobs day in a day out. You won't see an open heart surgeon going broke. I think that the harder you work for the money, the harder time you have spending it.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #44
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I think it's easy come easy go. While NBA athletes do put in a lot of time in the gym, working out, etc.. they are ultimately getting paid millions to play the game of basketball so the money doesn't mean as much to them as those who do ****ty jobs or just harder jobs day in a day out. You won't see an open heart surgeon going broke. I think that the harder you work for the money, the harder time you have spending it.
I guess.

What a bunch of dumbasses.

I mean, what is it like to wake up in the morning and realize that you once had tens of millions of dollars and now have absolutely nothing? How do you look in the mirror without crying? At what point do you stop spending money and start saving and investing?

If a man of painfully average intelligence like myself and understand the concept, anyone should be able to.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #45
RajonKGcelts
Time to repeat

RajonKGcelts is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Good for Gil, always like him. Now let's see a healthy team all next year so they can beat the Cavs for once!
RajonKGcelts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: