Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
Mamba33
I brick open layups

Mamba33 has an OK reputation so far
Default Attention Victims of the Red Ring of Death!

Anyone else here get the RROD on their Xbox360 and called for repairs? Im asking because I asked for my repair, and they said they'd send me a box to put my 360 in, and send back to Microsoft. But man its been over a week already!!! Oh BTW, I'm in Hawaii. Did it take this long for anyone else???
Mamba33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Attention Victims of the Red Ring of Death!

yea, 360 sucks.

You can call in for a tracking number. I also believe your reference number can also be used to track the box on ups/fedex.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:34 AM   #3
Mamba33
I brick open layups

The only number I wrote from talking to the person was xxx-xxx-xxxx. Chances are it could be a phone number lol... BUT SERIOUSLY WTF
Old 07-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
Mamba33
I brick open layups

Actually its my Service Request id

edit: That aint a tracking number is it???

Last edited by Mamba33 : 07-04-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That shyt can take 3-6 weeks. It's usually quicker, but from Hawaii? You never know.

I sent my PS3 in and the whole process took about 2 weeks.

I sent my PS2 in back in the days, and it took almost 6 weeks. I'm still bitter.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

fu*k 360..i waited 3 months for my power supply
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
Mamba33
I brick open layups

WOW!!! What the f*ck man!!! I check the 360 site, and now it says my repair order has been canceled?!?!?!?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba33
Actually its my Service Request id

edit: That aint a tracking number is it???

I completely forget about this forum. It should be higher.

I think thats your reference number.

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/refer...&WT.svl=SubNav

Try it.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

I sent mine in 1 month ago, got it back after 3 weeks tho...just keep calling you'll get free 1 month xbox live gold everytime if you call angry they'll give it to you thinking that'll make you calm down...But also every ****ing time i would call and get the middle east, honestly my dog knows, and speaks english better then those people (and no i aint racist, just a frustrated cust.)
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
I sent mine in 1 month ago, got it back after 3 weeks tho...just keep calling you'll get free 1 month xbox live gold everytime if you call angry they'll give it to you thinking that'll make you calm down...But also every ****ing time i would call and get the middle east, honestly my dog knows, and speaks english better then those people (and no i aint racist, just a frustrated cust.)

Considering the number of consoles afflicted with this problem, 3 weeks isn't exactly a long time. Even if they aren't repairing your console and they're just sending you another one, they still are likely to want to verify that you really have the issue in question, so you're still going to be on a wait.

Like I said, 3 weeks turnaround is amazing when you think about it, and by now, you guys should be aware of this when you buy the xbox. This isn't exactly news at this point.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #11
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

yea, it depends where youre sending from. Im in toronto, i sent mine and it took only 3 days because apparently there is a Microsoft place in mississauga (just outside T.O.) that does repairs. But the box to send it in shouldve have come already, it should come within first couple days, its just a local courier who gives you the box, not microsoft

ps. youll probably get a free gold membership for one month of Xbox Live Gold. Everyone i know who got the ROD got it as well, including one guy who got 3 months cuz he was an absolute pest
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #12
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Attention Victims of the Red Ring of Death!

Good thing Im a PS3 owner.
NastaMaverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
yea, it depends where youre sending from. Im in toronto, i sent mine and it took only 3 days because apparently there is a Microsoft place in mississauga (just outside T.O.) that does repairs. But the box to send it in shouldve have come already, it should come within first couple days, its just a local courier who gives you the box, not microsoft

ps. youll probably get a free gold membership for one month of Xbox Live Gold. Everyone i know who got the ROD got it as well, including one guy who got 3 months cuz he was an absolute pest

Thats where mine went and t.o. is only 2 hours from me, but the problem that it took so long was that they sent it to the wrong address and, when i finnaly got the box it had my correct address the whole time ...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After reading this thread I am going to go hug my PS3.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #15
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My warranty has expired and i will have to pay for the repair..
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: