Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Need help with a trade.

This guy offered me: His Gasol and Thabo for my David West.

Cats: TO, FG%, REB, AST, PTS, BLK, STL, 3PT made.

My keepers are: West, Pierce, Kidd, Haywood, Kleiza, Bogans

I dont need more players that much, so its more like Gasol for West. Also I dont need drop anyone if I get 2 players for one.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Need help with a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time

I dont need more players that much, so its more like Gasol for West. Also I dont need drop anyone if I get 2 players for one.
I'd keep West.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Premier
I brick open layups

Premier has an OK reputation so far

Yeah. Keep West.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Hmmm..that's tough ..just cause of West's injury situation ..he seems to always be hurting..If West stay's healthy next year ..then it's a no brainer ..but with his past injury problems ..Gasol might be the better choice..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Am I missing something here....Pau Gasol or David West? Gasol is C eligible....and when healthy is usually ranked in/near the top 20. I would keep Gasol.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I agree with RapsFan...I would take this trade even though West had a great season last year.

Haywood and Bogans as keepers? You must have some better options...
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #7
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Am I missing something here....Pau Gasol or David West? Gasol is C eligible....and when healthy is usually ranked in/near the top 20. I would keep Gasol.

TAKE GASOL! Also, I agree with the keeper situation. If you don't have better keepers, you're almost better off just drafting in those rounds...
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
TAKE GASOL! Also, I agree with the keeper situation. If you don't have better keepers, you're almost better off just drafting in those rounds...

its a complicated league, you see we have a NBA team and a NBDL team and they are my NBDL keepers. You can keep 2 players that were drafted in round 12 and up.

I drafted Haywood and Bogans somewhere in those rounds so I can keep them as D-league keepers. You can switch players from your D-league team and NBA team whenever you want to.

But I dont think we will have a dleague team this year but we still get to pick D-league keepers so, therefore Haywood and Bogans are in my real NBA team. As I said it is complicated.

Ok thanks for the advices, I will take the trade then.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I just don't know when David West passed Pau Gasol on the fantasy charts. I don't think that has happened. Gasol is fnear antasy elite and C eligible. He went in many late first early 2nd rounds last year, for a reason. Tough season but you can't forget who he has been, and now has something to play for on the Lakers.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
its a complicated league, you see we have a NBA team and a NBDL team and they are my NBDL keepers. You can keep 2 players that were drafted in round 12 and up.

I drafted Haywood and Bogans somewhere in those rounds so I can keep them as D-league keepers. You can switch players from your D-league team and NBA team whenever you want to.

But I dont think we will have a dleague team this year but we still get to pick D-league keepers so, therefore Haywood and Bogans are in my real NBA team. As I said it is complicated.

Ok thanks for the advices, I will take the trade then.

Ah, OK. Does sound a bit different. I still like Gasol over West though. Gasol's been through his own injury issues, but his numbers across the board are always the same. I love David West and he's coming into his own, but Gasol has been and will be the better fantasy option until West officially passes him, which hasn't happened yet.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The one thing that makes me wonder about Gasol is Bynum's return..with him returning and Odom being a down low rebounding type 3 ..how many boards are left for Gasol?..and your going to need boards ..especially at the 5 spot.

Just throwing it out there..
Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The one thing that makes me wonder about Gasol is Bynum's return..with him returning and Odom being a down low rebounding type 3 ..how many boards are left for Gasol?..and your going to need boards ..especially at the 5 spot.

Just throwing it out there..

Odom has got most of his boards playing the 4. He's a 4 capable of playing the 3, which is why Lakers are open to moving him. Gasol and Bynum are the 4/5, end of story, so I suspect Odom owners should be more worried then Gasol.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Odom has got most of his boards playing the 4. He's a 4 capable of playing the 3, which is why Lakers are open to moving him. Gasol and Bynum are the 4/5, end of story, so I suspect Odom owners should be more worried then Gasol.
True true!..should be interesting to see either way..
Old 07-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #14
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I take Gasol, especially since FT% isn't a category and FG% is. The AST and BLKs put him over the top.

LAL Pau Gasol PF-C (post trade stats)
12.3fga
58.9 fg%
0.0 3ptm
18.8pts
7.8reb
3.5ast
0.5stl
1.6blk
1.6tos

NOH David West PF
17.2 fga