Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Welcome Jermaine O'neal!!

Today should be the day that he's officially made a Raptor. The announcement hasn't been made yet, but I was too excited to wait on making a thread. Welcome Jermaine O'neal!!!

[quote=ejeezy]

bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Welcome Jermaine O'neal!!

I can't wait for the official press conference.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
TorontoBallers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TorontoBallers has an OK reputation so far

Damn, this is gonna be BIG!
TorontoBallers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

As his tattoo proclamates, "The Year of the Resurrection"....

It's coming.....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

As offseason moves go, Colangelo bringing in JO was clearly the most high risk/high reward, and it took some balls.

At the end of the day, getting O'Neal in exchange for a slightly above-average point guard and Rasho's expiring contract might turn out to be a gigantic bargain.

Even with Boston having Garnett and Elton Brand joining the Sixers (I think we can prepare ourselves right now for a nice battle vs Philly in the first round), I still genuinely feel like a healthy Bosh and JO can be by far the best frontcourt in the conference, probably the league. I want to see it work out the way it can, and I'm keeping the faith that it will.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
As offseason moves go, Colangelo bringing in JO was clearly the most high risk/high reward, and it took some balls.

At the end of the day, getting O'Neal in exchange for a slightly above-average point guard and Rasho's expiring contract might turn out to be a gigantic bargain.

Even with Boston having Garnett and Elton Brand joining the Sixers (I think we can prepare ourselves right now for a nice battle vs Philly in the first round), I still genuinely feel like a healthy Bosh and JO can be by far the best frontcourt in the conference, probably the league. I want to see it work out the way it can, and I'm keeping the faith that it will.
I'm just happy we actually pose a significant threat in the playoffs this year. I'm tired of us going into a series as the underdog regardless of our regular season record and who we face.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Bas...05981-sun.html

Quote:
The Raptors announced the signing of free-agent forward/guard Hassan Adams yesterday and will introduce centre Jermaine O'Neal to the Toronto media this afternoon at the Air Canada Centre.

In a deal that will become official today, the Raptors traded point guard T.J. Ford, centre Rasho Nesterovic, forward Maceo Baston and centre Roy Hibbert, Toronto's 17th overall selection from this year's draft, to the Indiana Pacers for O'Neal and Indiana's 41st overall pick from the draft, 6-foot-10, 280-pound Australian Nathan (Baby Shaq) Jawai.

O'Neal, 29, is a six-time NBA all-star, although knee problems have kept the 6-foot-11 centre to an average of 51 games a year for the past four seasons.

Also on hand at a media event this afternoon will be point guard Jose Calderon, who has re-upped with the Raptors reportedly for five years in a deal worth $7.5-$8.5 million US a season.

With Ford gone, Calderon will become the Raptors' full-time starting point guard and is expected to be backed up next season by Toronto's 2005 second-round pick Roko Ukic, who played last season with Lottomatica Roma.

Adams, who attended the club's free-agent camp last month at the ACC, signed a two-year contract.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Oh man will someone get this press conference on the road. I want to watch. This is a monumental day in Raps history. The first true C we've had and a previous all star to boot. I hope he can return to form. If healthy this duo will dominate for the next two years.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want to see Oden/Aldridge vs. O'Neal/Bosh vs. Brand/Dalembert.

The best part about Jermaine O'Neal is that there will be no more 20/20 games from Dwight Howard when the Magic play us!
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

It is now official! **** outta here Ford, welcome O'Neal!
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

I missed the press conference... damn... but here's the audio I found at least: http://mvn.com/hoopsaddict/2008/07/0...ce-in-toronto/
Old 07-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
JD_TO
I hit open layups

JD_TO has decent reputation

This will be the first time the raptors will have a True Centre young centre. Yeah we had Hakeem but he was way past his prime. Even though JO is not in his prime he can still put up very decent numbers.
JD_TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

I'm at the 7 minute mark of the interview (the audio) and I almost cried. Up to that point pretty much said he's rejuvinated, he's been shown a lotta love from the Toronto fanbase, and what he's gonna bring to the team is DEFENSE! Blocking shots, clogging the paint, REBOUNDING! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT!!!

edit: and he said that the league has never seen this kind of tandem (him and bosh) since TD and Robinson.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

oh wow, they asked him how he can help Bargnani.. and he was like, Bargnani is young with a lot of talent. I can help to toughen him and get him to bang a little bit more in the post... If JO can do this, i'm about to call him Moses because that'd be a miracle.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

He seems really excited about being here and I really hope a change in scenary will really help his game. Man, I can't wait for the season to start!!!
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: