Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #31
TorontoBallers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TorontoBallers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps summer league...

Who knows if Joey Graham will ever get it..
TorontoBallers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #32
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

IMHO we saw the same old Joey. Good in the first and most of the third....However down the stretch....made some boneheaded plays again. Getting and offensive on a three one. Getting cheap foul couls, missing open jumpers...and several times the coach was shouting at him b/c he wasn't in the right place to run the set. John Lucas looked like he really knows hoe to run the team had a good all around game. Ewing looked horrible period. Cj Giles had an up and down game but had a few highlight blocks. Akindele was a foul machine but did a decent job of rebounding. JC Carroll is Matt Carroll light...loves to run off screens and has a very smooth shot. Sean Banks I thought would get more burn and shots...but the ball never got to him b/c Graham kept jacking it...several times stopping the swing to shoot. Not a bad game for starters but it there's lots of stuff to work on.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #33
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Is JC Carroll related to Matt Carroll??
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #34
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Anyone know, if any Raptor summer league game is being televised? I didn't see them on Raps TV, but did see some other scheduled summer league games.

Hi Everyone, I just checked the Raptors TV schedule and I am very confused on why are they NOT showing the Toronto Summer League games (eg. Raps vs Nuggets), but showing other games. Why da hell is that!

It's call the "Raptors" TV isn't it?!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #35
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Todays Raps Nuggets Box Score:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2008/...eId=1520800014

One Question why isn't Daniel Ewing getting any PT????
Maybe we aren't giving him any so we can sign him for dirt cheep cause of our cap situation....
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #36
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
Hi Everyone, I just checked the Raptors TV schedule and I am very confused on why are they NOT showing the Toronto Summer League games (eg. Raps vs Nuggets), but showing other games. Why da hell is that!

I know it's bullcrap, but I think you can view them on NBA.com.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #37
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman

They are showing the other games cuz they are getting the feed from NBA TV, don't think they got cameras down there to show the Raps...You can watch it on NBA.com tho, but its a choppy vid.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #38
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
They are showing the other games cuz they are getting the feed from NBA TV, don't think they got cameras down there to show the Raps...You can watch it on NBA.com tho, but its a choppy vid.

Very choppy. Make sure your internet isn't open (Firefox or IE) while your watching it. Makes it easier. But to be honest, not much to watch for this season. I have wanted Toronto to sign Dahntay Jones for who knows how long now. He is tearing up Summer League. I think he would be a solid guy for our bench for cheap.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #39
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

Every time I turn on Raptors TV it seems there's a game on summer league but the Raps aren't playing.

Saw a bit of NY/Cle game, it kills me how NY announcers are already hyping Gallinari.

I'm glad to hear Joey G playing well. It would be HUGE if he can be a regular part of the rotation. Last chance for him this year.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #40
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Last night again...played parts of the game well...then messed it up with some real bad turnovers and poor shot selection. John Lucas started the game slow and then turned it up and looked to be back to form. His 3 TO's at the start weren't good and got us off to a poor start. Sean Banks had a wicked throw down alleyoop. Nathan Jawai played his first game. He's very smooth and moves well up and down the floor. His conditioning is nowhere close to where it should be...but he'll have most of the season to work on that. He did have some athletic rebounds overs guys and was pushing bodies all over the place. Needs to work on his lateral quicks too as any time he came past 12-13 ft on the defencsive end he got beat by guards. He also showed some decent post moves. All in all a decent showing by the Aussie. Nothing spectacular. CJ Giles is looing solid all around but has to learn he cannot block everything.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #41
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

If raps had roy hibbert, it would probably be on NBA Tv.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #42
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

It's weird, the box score on raptors.com has Jawad Williams #21, with the 2pts etc. The box score as a .pdf has Jawai #21 with the 2 pts etc. It was in fact Jawai playing?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: