Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
@ all the Yao haters, Yao is a ching get over it, i know most of you Americans are racists but this is hilarious. This thread isn't even about Yao.

Amare > Dwight
No one hates Yao. I actually love watching him play. Its just that the op is such a agenda driven fan boy that people get annoyed and some anti-yao comments might be said.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
WildStyle
High School Starter
 
WildStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Practicing free-throws
Posts: 465
WildStyle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
1. Dwight has never averaged 3 blocks a game and actually him and Amare both averaged 2.1 bpg this year.

Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle
Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.
Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #19
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,255
Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league.


"Great Example"
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #20
U got Served
Banned
 
U got Served's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: H-Town
Posts: 2,275
U got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #21
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U got Served
Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KX-6K0E4oi8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYWYwPfJi20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjUD-zfk-LE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSwnnDRlzw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cHYckm1bn5g&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=quo8CTGkX4Q

Not to mention what he did b4 Nash got to Phx.

Keep on posting uneducated garbage.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #22
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

hahaha statman32 torched knickballer and U got Served.


DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #23
WildStyle
High School Starter
 
WildStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Practicing free-throws
Posts: 465
WildStyle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league.

What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #24
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people
Default Amare > D.Howard

Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.



Amare

25.2 pts
9.1 rebs
2.1 blks
1.5 asts
2.2 tos
59% fg
80% ft



D.Howard

20.7 pts
14.2 rebs
2.1 blks
1.3 asts
3.2 tos
59% fg
59% ft
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #25
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.



Amare

25.2 pts
9.1 rebs
2.1 blks
1.5 asts
2.2 tos
59% fg
80% ft



D.Howard

20.7 pts
14.2 rebs
2.1 blks
1.3 asts
3.2 tos
59% fg
59% ft
actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 963
doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U got Served
Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.

i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #27
omarnyc
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,730
omarnyc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?



sometimes i wonder if people who make those kinda comments about amare ever watch him play, dude can get what ever he want on offense
amare>>>>>>>>>dwight
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #28
3stat2
Local High School Star
 
3stat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,952
3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Amare will step up his board game this year.
I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight
Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle
What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.
I guess thats why he averages 2.1 bpg then.

**** if Toronto was playing overly aggressive they dont have the guys to play that way. They shoot the least amount of free throws a game in the league.

This doesnt happen to any team that takes it to him FYI. Plenty of teams have went at him and either got him in foul trouble or got to the line a lot.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy