Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #31
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.
a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.


defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #32
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.


defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
If that's the way you feel then who is the best between yao, Amare and Dwight?

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #33
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 963
doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.

i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #34
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said
If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
hmm?
Why is it that Dwight gets owned head to head by Yao just like Amare?

You are wrong in every way possible kid.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #35
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.
Porter runs a different offense than Dantoni.... so keep that in consideration. Shaq isn't going to be on the court much. I guarantee you Amare's rebounds are somewhere in the 10.7-11.6 range this next season.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #36
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
If that's the way you feel then who is the best between yao, Amare and Dwight?

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.
Overall game.... Amare. I think Amare is also more entertaining to watch and all, but overall Yao is a very good player


If only Yao had some hops.

Last edited by DOUBLE DRIBBLE : 07-06-2008 at 01:29 AM.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:23 AM   #37
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,417
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
Funny you bring that up. Lets look at there "clutch stats" per 48 min:
(4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

Amare: 39.8 points
Dwight: 13.8 points

Amare: 50% fg
Dwight: 43.8 fg%

Amare: 20.9 fta
Dwight: 13.1 fta

statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #38
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,417
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
hmm?
Why is it that Dwight gets owned head to head by Yao just like Amare?

You are wrong in every way possible kid.
How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #39
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

I think everyone knows that Amare dominates the offensive end, but I think many many people are ignoring are the intangibles and the things that big men usually need to do to in order to win championships

That is

Rebounding and Defense.

Here are the list of great big men who were great in those 2 categories

KG
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Bill Walton

Seriously, I can go on for days.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #40
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=mingya01

Amare averages more PPG and that's about it.
Everything else Yao owns him in.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #41
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,417
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
If that's the way you feel then who is the best between yao, Amare and Dwight?

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.
If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.

Quote:
I say Dwight, better rebounder and defender which is more important than pure offense and instant offense, while Dwight is a good finisher himself.

Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #42
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.



Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?
He emerged on his shot blocking ability and somewhat on his scoring ability.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #43
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 963
doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
hmm?
Why is it that Dwight gets owned head to head by Yao just like Amare?

You are wrong in every way possible kid.

looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #44
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star
 
LutherHeadJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 938
LutherHeadJob has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Yea Yao is so weak, i guess that is why when ever Houston plays Orlando they always double team Yao while Yao defends Dwight one on one.

Oh and Yao still beat Dwight in their contests, Dwight has not even beat Yao once.

And man some of you blokes are ISH are stupid, J.Smith had a career high in rebounds against the Rockets, who cares? Kwame has over 10 points against Duncan, does that mean Duncan is a bad defender.

What does being tall have to do with rebounding? Do you rebound with your head?

Retards.

And YES Yao had a 20/20 against Phoneix you moron, oh and a 37/17/7 blocks.

Cretin.

Last edited by LutherHeadJob : 07-06-2008 at 01:32 AM.
LutherHeadJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #45
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned
 
DreamYaoTmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Yao > Dwight
Posts: 881
DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?
Look at it career wise :
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy