Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 AM   #16
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who wears jerseys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashty
i made a thread recently in the off the court lounge, need some more help tho.

where do y'all get your jerseys, i only have like two websites and they aint cheap, know what i mean?

Eastbay for me.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #17
Detroitguy113
I airball my layups

Detroitguy113 has an OK reputation so far

I just bought the Sprewell... should be sweet.

Ebay is really cheap for nice jerseys.. the Sprewell is an old school Nike one and i'm getting it for $23 including shipping. Everything is stitched and all that.. it's not authentic but it's a nice jersey. I'm pumped :)
Detroitguy113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #18
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

PistonsFan1119 has an OK reputation so far

I still wear jerseys all the time. I wear my Blue Sheed one the most.
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitguy113
I just bought the Sprewell... should be sweet.

Ebay is really cheap for nice jerseys.. the Sprewell is an old school Nike one and i'm getting it for $23 including shipping. Everything is stitched and all that.. it's not authentic but it's a nice jersey. I'm pumped :)
Ebay is tight for jerseys but my parents don't let me buy on ebay I wish they did so I can add to my collection and so I can get/wear a variety of jerseys.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #20
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Ebay is tight for jerseys but my parents don't let me buy on ebay I wish they did so I can add to my collection and so I can get/wear a variety of jerseys.

ebay is flooded with fakes. be careful.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #21
bossballa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bossballa has an OK reputation so far

i use to rock jersey everyday back in 2004 and 2005, i got well over 20 jerseys alot are throw backs, so now i just keep them on the walls because they like colector items hahaha
bossballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #22
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
ebay is flooded with fakes. be careful.
oh really? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #23
Detroitguy113
I airball my layups

Ebay is flooded with fake everything.. but if you get a seller that you like it's ussually not a problem. There's 1-2 people that I buy all my football jerseys from and they are all legit.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #24
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

oic, but how can u tell if somebody's not fakin it or if they are or aren't legit?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #25
Detroitguy113
I airball my layups

I would just look at feedback and read the descriptions well. Use common sense and you'll be fine.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #26
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

A little know how about the jerseys you already have can help in shopping for jerseys on ebay. Learn how the jersey look and inspect the pics people post. If you cannot tell in the pic, if it looks "stock" or if the seller has too many of the same using the same pics, its a good chance its false…

I have got quite a bit from ebay and have also spotted alot of fakes. Also be familiar with what the players actually wear and such. I'm a collector so I pretty much only look for old jerseys on ebay where as I can buy current jerseys at stores, arenas, and at places like eastbay…

I've seen fake Rodman Pistons jerseys with the current font. The jerseys of the old Pistons is far different than what they wear today…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #27
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
oic, but how can u tell if somebody's not fakin it or if they are or aren't legit?

-find a picture of the same jersey that you know is 100% legit, such as the actual player wearing it on the court, and make sure all the details are the same.
-make sure the supposed manufacturer is infact the company that made the jersey. some sellers have fakes and put the wrong tags on them, like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.
-if the seller has tons of jerseys selling for next to nothing it's probably too good to be true.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #28
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Oh ok, I see, I get yall now, thanks for the advice
Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #29
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.

For reference… Champion discontinued making jerseys in the 2001-2002 season.

If anyone has questions regarding Champion replica or Champion authentic jerseys, feel free to bring them my way.

For all other questions on other brands, StroShow4 can probably help out better.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #30
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
-find a picture of the same jersey that you know is 100% legit, such as the actual player wearing it on the court, and make sure all the details are the same.
-make sure the supposed manufacturer is infact the company that made the jersey. some sellers have fakes and put the wrong tags on them, like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.
-if the seller has tons of jerseys selling for next to nothing it's probably too good to be true.

Personally I don't mind the fakes. Probably even prefer them sometimes.

Some $30 fakes are infinately better than any official replica or swingman jersey. You just gotta make sure the details are correct, because you don't want to end up with something that looks nothing like the real thing. And you should be weary of poor stitching.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: