Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
baller03
Kids at the park dunk on me

baller03 has an OK reputation so far
Default j.r. smith

what do you all think of jr smith. he is a great young talent. but the price will be definatley high for a player like him. any thoughts and ideas.
baller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: j.r. smith

Let him stay in Denver.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Let him stay in Denver.

This.

Although he is a good player, he might demand too high of a salary, I think he also really likes it in Denver
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

In theory he's the type of player we need....but he's too much of an idiot to make any meaningful contribution to a winning team. He's all about getting his.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Smith is salty garbage.

If we're talking about getting a young one-dimensional athletic kid, I'd actually rather the team had gone after Gerald Green. Green at the very least has had a little sense knocked into him the hard way being let go by 3 teams already.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far

he is the type of player this team needs
he is better than everyone on the current raptors roster lol, Bosh & O'neal the only exceptions
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
Strength
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Strength has an OK reputation so far

I think he's a solid player. But doesn't he settle for 3's a little bit too much.
Strength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

He has pretty good individual skills ..but doesn't play a good team game..let him stay in Denver..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop1
he is the type of player this team needs
he is better than everyone on the current raptors roster lol, Bosh & O'neal the only exceptions

G-A-R-B-A-G-E
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

If he matured at all, he is actually the exact type of player we need. It would be a risk but if he got his head on straight, his price tag would go way up. As it stands, he can be had for less then his talent (and results) are worth. Similar to adding a guy like Gerald Green for Dallas or Livingston. Super talent, but question marks.

JR Smith actually played some great, efficient ball in the last third of last year. Like 17pts on 48% shooting.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #11
TorontoBallers

TorontoBallers has an OK reputation so far

Colangelo wouldn't touch a guy like him..
TorontoBallers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoBallers
Colangelo wouldn't touch a guy like him..

Not you specifically...but I am pretty tired of hearing that BC has a 'type'. His type is good players who will help the team win, at least it should be.

JO has complained in the past.....TJ was a complainer too. Guys in the NBA have huge egos and you deal with it. If JR Smith would help our team and was financially a fit, BC should/would go for him.

Man some Raptor fans would probably say the same thing if Beasley was available for us, or the Carmleo thread a while ago.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
TorontoBallers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Not you specifically...but I am pretty tired of hearing that BC has a 'type'. His type is good players who will help the team win, at least it should be.

JO has complained in the past.....TJ was a complainer too. Guys in the NBA have huge egos and you deal with it. If JR Smith would help our team and was financially a fit, BC should/would go for him.

Man some Raptor fans would probably say the same thing if Beasley was available for us, or the Carmleo thread a while ago.

ok I hear you, but sometimes you need to take a chance on proven all-stars who have a huge expiring contract in 2 years.

Smith does not have those credentials

I just look at how B.C. dealt with Dixon, it was swift, and his reasons for trading him were quite clear..
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoBallers
ok I hear you, but sometimes you need to take a chance on proven all-stars who have a huge expiring contract in 2 years.

Smith does not have those credentials

I just look at how B.C. dealt with Dixon, it was swift, and his reasons for trading him were quite clear..

Exactly. The player and team is more important then type. Dixon was a bit player who sat on the pine and complained about it. That is different then having a key player who helps win games who has a hissy fit once in a while. That is fine.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #15
TorontoBallers

just based on the acquisitions B.C. made in Phoenix and with the Raps, I don't think he would be too interested in J.R. but hey I could be wrong..

crazier things have happened
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: