Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 12,830
Default Best College BBall Uniforms

Pick one for the present and one for the past.

I'm gonna go Homer with my first pick and go with...





I love the lettering, colors, everything.

For the past I go...



I always liked it saying "HOYAS" instead of "GEORGETOWN"

What's some personal favorites of yours?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,702
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms


I like the Fighting Illini on there.

Any non Illini fan know who this is?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Any non Illini fan know who this is?

If you don't know that's Kendall Gill you need to hang up your sneakers.

Anyway, I like clean, classic stuff. The old UConn jerseys were real nice

InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 12,830
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

nice replies guys. how about current jerseys?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10
 
Remix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
nice replies guys. how about current jerseys?

I like the ND alternates, though I'm 95% sure they're throwbacks.


They look a lot better in action, the green ones they have are hot to. Any team that uses script on their jersey gets a thumbs up from me.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,305
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

i like usc's but im biased
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
Roy Munson
The Rubberman
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,024
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

I can't really think of any current uniforms I really like. Too many of them are similar.

This is my all time favorite. I love how they used the state of Indiana as the "I". Little touches like that are missing from uniforms today.

Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I can't really think of any current uniforms I really like. Too many of them are similar.

This is my all time favorite. I love how they used the state of Indiana as the "I". Little touches like that are missing from uniforms today.


My alma mater! They're royal blue now, and have these generic pieces of crap

Far as I know they've never brought back the powder blue unis. Of course they've been horrible save a couple years in the early 00s, would be a disgrace to the jersey. And I'll never understand how Larry Legend preferred Terre Haute over Bloomington.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 12,830
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
My alma mater! They're royal blue now, and have these generic pieces of crap

Far as I know they've never brought back the powder blue unis. Of course they've been horrible save a couple years in the early 00s, would be a disgrace to the jersey. And I'll never understand how Larry Legend preferred Terre Haute over Bloomington.
What is Bloomington like?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
What is Bloomington like?

I've never lived there, so my basis is all on spending a week or so here and there. But it's great, the university IS the town. I wouldn't call it high-class, but it's very nice and I don't recall any "rough" spots. Beautiful city, very clean, the locals love the students. Bar scene's tons of fun, there's a spot for any type of crowd. The school offers a pretty diverse array of highly acclaimed majors, so it brings all flavors. And the women, my god. If there's a place you can compare to Miami or LA in the midwest, it's Bloomington in terms of women.

Terre Haute is an absolute ****hole. Wiki Newport, IN. It's a bit south of TH and it's where they dispose of the nation's supply of VX gas and not 10 feet from my dorm room wall were the train tracks transporting thousands of barrels of the stuff 4/5 times a day, all hours of the night. The entire place is a ghetto. Not one quality coed to be found in the place, and if you do find one chances are she's working on a transfer to IU and spends every weekend there. The campus is deserted on weekends.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 12,830
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I've never lived there, so my basis is all on spending a week or so here and there. But it's great, the university IS the town. I wouldn't call it high-class, but it's very nice and I don't recall any "rough" spots. Beautiful city, very clean, the locals love the students. Bar scene's tons of fun, there's a spot for any type of crowd. The school offers a pretty diverse array of highly acclaimed majors, so it brings all flavors. And the women, my god. If there's a place you can compare to Miami or LA in the midwest, it's Bloomington in terms of women.

Terre Haute is an absolute ****hole. Wiki Newport, IN. It's a bit south of TH and it's where they dispose of the nation's supply of VX gas and not 10 feet from my dorm room wall were the train tracks transporting thousands of barrels of the stuff 4/5 times a day, all hours of the night. The entire place is a ghetto. Not one quality coed to be found in the place, and if you do find one chances are she's working on a transfer to IU and spends every weekend there. The campus is deserted on weekends.
ouch
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
ouch

On the bright side, that admission standards aren't what you'd describe as lofty so certain substances are in abundance.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #15
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,454
Default Re: Best College BBall Uniforms

Cincy's have always been one of my favorites. Couldn't get a good pic of their away uni's though.
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/52125...0A659CEC4C8CB6
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy