Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Who's gonna bust out

I think this season Pierce will need at least one of the C's younger players to step up and have a breakout year. There's several guys who could...Perkins, Jefferson, Green, Telfair, Allen, West. If I had to put my money one someone it would be Perkins considering he stays healthy. He looks like a legit 15/10 guy. I would take Jefferson, but he's a little younger. Green and Allen have to play behind Pierce and Sczerbiak who will play at least 34-36 min. apiece. West already has been a solid player. I think that if Telfair can be a distributer, he could be a star player one day. So what do you guys think?
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

I think its really time for Perkins to step it up and show that he can form the frontcourt of the future along with Al. I think if he won't show what he can do this year, he could be traded.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Bulls fan checkin in

Perkins has talent, he needs to unleash it. Pierce is going to be the leader he is.

I can see Delonte West stepping up, Sebastian Telfair stepping up and showing the skills he has, Wally Szcerbiak will be a nice compliment to the squad. C's just need a center.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
boceltballa
I hit open layups

I view Delonte West as more of a role player than someone who could have star potential. I think he will improve but will play a better part as a role player. Telfair I think is the one who will step it up and prove he can play. The Trailblazers will wish they kept him just like the C's still wish they had Billups. Perkins will step it up this year, the question is how much? I think he has a great future ahead of him and I think the C's should give him a couple more seasons before deciding on him (that's if he doesn't show anything positive.) I view him as a definite 15 // 10-12 kind of guy.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #5
funky2dope
I airball my layups

Telfair will bust out this season. The type of game that the C's are going to play is perfect for him to showcase his playmaking. I think if given opportunity Gerald Green will turn some heads also. I am not hoping for breakout seasons from Big Al or Kendrick, I'm expecting it. They need to start showing some results for their loyalty. I don't want them to turn out Eddy Curry / Tyson Chandler style.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

telfair isn't going to be the star player you guys want him to trust me. I am a blazer fan and i am glade to see him leave, he takes way to many risks that result in turnovers. Unless he dramatically works on seeing the court better and having a better shot selection, he will be a very poor man stephon marbury
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

Big Al, GG, or Telfair. Those 3 have the highest ceilings and the most room to improve imo. Then Perk.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
9spurs
Serious playground baller

Telfair is gonna bust out this year. He's starting fresh.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

starting fresh don't mean ****, i garruntte that you will be fed up with him after a month of the regular season
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
9spurs
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisjamin33
starting fresh don't mean ****, i garruntte that you will be fed up with him after a month of the regular season

Dude, learn how to spell if you want to argue with me.

Watch how good Telfair will be this year. He may not lead the Celtics to the playoffs but he'll sure improve.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:49 PM   #11
boceltballa
I hit open layups

Celts Fans will see the "New Telfair." I can't wait!
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #12
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default hmmmm?

The only thing that I can say in Telfair's defense is he came from a negative situation in Portland. I remember hearing Brian Skinner talking about the enviornment there, and it didn't seem to be ideal, especially for a player as young as Telfair. Boston seems to be a team on the rise, and hopefully it will rub off on him. Is he going to start or come off the bench behind West??
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #13
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

telfair is way to small of a gaurd anyway. he is only 160, and when you compare him to his cousin (and the person he plays most like), steph has a 45lbs on the kid. you guys down in celtic land are just going to have a poor mans stephon marbuary on your hands
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 AM   #14
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

The celtics are a playoff team.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 AM   #15
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

7th or 8th seed if you are lucky, i don't even think the celtics were a .500 team last yr
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: