Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Delfino to return!?!?

Pistons consider a Carlos Delfino return

Quote:
Former Piston Carlos Delfino is among the free agents the team is considering signing. Tomorrow is the first day NBA free agents can sign contracts, although they can agree to deals earlier.

WHY?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy when he was here. He showed promising flashes but was inconsistent with bringing that strong game every night…

This summer is not looking so good right now. There seems to be nothing going on with this roster, we are not active in bidding on any necessary free agents, and other teams are making moves around us to make their clubs better…

Carlos Delfino… yeah he's gonna be that acquisition that puts us over the top and brings us back to the Finals
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Delfino to return!?!?

I agree. I like him but his addition will hardly improve the team and if the pistons want to make it back to the finals we need a better a player. He'd be like the 4th, 5th player off the bench.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the guys game but he just didn't seem to fit in. He always wanted more playing time and I thought he was unhappy in Detroit. I have a hard time believing he wants to come back.

The team can't do much in free agency because they are already over the cap. The only thing they have to offer is the MLE and getting Maggette for that is a long shot now that Golden State is probably going to offer much more.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #4
Detroitguy113
I airball my layups

Detroitguy113 has an OK reputation so far

We need a perimeter shooter.. but Delfino is a white Jarvis Hayes. Don't pick him back up Joe D.. save your time and make this big trade you were talking about where our team will look different.
Detroitguy113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
gonna_make_it
Can barely lace up my sneakers

gonna_make_it has an OK reputation so far

Not gonna Happen. Makes No Sense.
gonna_make_it is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: