Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Jay Will has bad workout in NJ...

According to local New Jersey newspaper, Jay Williams had a under-average workout with the Nets. With the nets looking for a solid point guard to back up Jason Kidd, Jay Williams will not be that one. Jay Williams is noted to saying he will have a choice picked by before or near after the 2006 NBA Draft.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

hes doing it on purpose, dont be suprised to see him cancel all his other "auditions" as he WANTS to be a raptors next season!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Maybe he does wanna be a Raptor, but that doesn't give him any reason to have a bad workout on purpose. It's not like he's getting drafted. He can pick who he wants to go to no matter who offers what money. The interview I saw after his workout with the Raptors was pretty positive in wanting to play there, but I think his Nets workout was nothing more than just an off-day.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

If Williams does play with the Raptors, it will be a good positive, young player helping us out in the back court and I think that we can get somewhere if he plays to his true potential.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The fact that he if he does come here, it means he WANTS to be here, and thats a plus. We already know how hard he's working at getting himself back into the league, and I know that when he gets his chance he's gonna do all he can to make himself and his team the best they can be, thats if his leg permits it. But the attitude is there at least.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

With all the injuries, will the guy be even better than Jose Calderon?...I beleive Calderon can improve and establish himsellf as a top 6th man in the league.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

Jose Calderon is one of the best point guards on that team in my personal opinion. He is a great passer. He wasn't selfish. Just give him time to develop his shot and I think things shall be a lot better. That is what they are probably working on. Every other part of his game is pretty good so I guess it is the waiting game.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Calderon has all the tools to be a good NBA player, if he improves his shot, and i dont see any reason for him to be not able to do this. Apparently Colangelo isn't very high on him though, but hopefully Calderon can prove him wrong.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

^where is this coming from, ive heard it a few times now, is it actually written somewhere?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I read it in an article about a week ago. I forget what website it was in, and there was no explanation it was just 1 sentance that just stated what I said. Maybe it was just speculation.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I read it in an article about a week ago. I forget what website it was in, and there was no explanation it was just 1 sentance that just stated what I said. Maybe it was just speculation.

This is a true fact. Colangelo has said this when he first got here in Toronto.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: