Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far
Default Andrea Bargnani

I give my props to the Raptors, I saw Bargnani play a few times, he looks good.

I don't think he will be a center, I see him as a Tim Duncan/Pau Gasol type who will join Bosh as a 1-2 for the Raptors.

From one Bulls fan to the Raptors fans, good luck this season hope you make the playoffs. Would love to see you back there.

BTW, what happened to your big man dance team Dance Pak XL?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

thanks, the Bulls have really done a nice job revamping their roster and it looks really good. I don't know what happened to the XL Dance Pack, i think they just moved on. Good luck, the Bulls are on their way to the playoffs.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs up

but than again , we'll be there 2
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I think both will make but the Bulls will definitely have a higher seed no question. Finally someone who has an opinion and not a fighting statement. Kudos
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Bulls rebuilt the ABSOULUTELY proper way, stock pile young talent and then grab a couple good veteran free agents to put them over the top. John Paxon should definetley be in line for exec award if the bulls can atleast reach the east finals which his HIGHLY possible.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

thanks man, best of luck to you guys too.

I wanna see Raptors-Bulls playoffs first round.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz

For the Raptors sake I don't.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far

Umm isn't this a thread about A Bargs?... LOL anyways the way I see him, he is like a 7 foot Adam Morrison (which sort of explains why we took Bargs first). Both has a sweet jumper and can fill it up anywhere on the court, have great work ethic and passion for the game, and really need to work on their D. That being said, Bargs seems to be stronger and more athletic. If Bargs was in the NCAA, you don't think he will be putting up killer numbers? I also think Bargs will be able to play more post with training. I don't know much about international basketball other from what I read and the few games I have seen on TV but it seems their style of play involves more jump shots then slashing and such, hence that is why it seems all you see of Bargs highlights is 3 point shots, which is a more valued component of the international game. The guy is a hard worker and supposedly has a high Bball IQ, and with the body he has (He doesn't look that weak to me), I am sure he will develop at least an average postgame this season.. Don't think he will ever be a full time post player but he should be able to use it to mix things up. A NBA big man name I don't hear Bargs being compared to much is Mehmet Okur, though I think Bargs could be better than him because he is quicker and more athletic. Seems a lot of you are caught up with the additions of Ford, Jones and Parker and Bargs is being left out of next season and I don't see why. IMO I think he is going to be a big part of the Raptors as a rookie; the guy is so offensively gifted and Colangelo is going to pressure to Sam to use Bargs properly. TJ Ford can win Most Improved player next season if he used Bargs and Bosh properly!!
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:31 AM   #9
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Man thanks for the love, I got mad love for T.O.C (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) as I am a Maple Leafs fan as well (Sooner or later I will get my Leafs jersey via mail!) and you gave us the greatest womens champion ever (Trish Stratus) and I spent my summer vacation in Leafs and Raptors Country this year and enjoyed myself.

The Raptors will be one of many teams to watch this season, and I will be keeping up with Toronto for Chris Bosh and Bargnani for sure. Keep your heads up and see you guys in October when the season tips off.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz

Chicago owns us.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

lets hope we dnt get them in the playoffs then (eg, bulls seeded 2nd, us 8th?)
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Bargs will transition his game into the NBA extremely fast, don't forget he's been playing pressure meaningfull games in Europe for years and excelling at it. I figure he'll be one of the top 3 rooks this year.
As far as the Bulls go, All this love there getting is deserved, they'll challenge Miami this year in my books. That being said, Ben Wallace was a mistake, He'll struggle away from the big 4 in Detroit.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
pizza boy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

pizza boy has an OK reputation so far
Default i know him very well

i saw at least every bargnanis match and a live match. he is a great 3 point shooter and defensive player. but he hasnt a lot post skills .he must improve in rebounding but he is really good and ready to do great things. he cant be a big man. he nevere played that. he is a pure PF, but ,in my opinion, he can be a SF for some minute.
finally i dont know, he can be really goos or really bad. i hope he'll be great!
pizza boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #14
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

CB4isJC has an OK reputation so far
Default 7 footers shouldn't be able to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u15IO...elated&search=

This is Bargs from the summer league. Looking good. That crossover at 1:06is dangerous; and then beating the buzzer. Nice. Crazy stuff given that he is legitimately over 7' tall.

I am very happy with this pick.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza boy
i saw at least every bargnanis match and a live match. he is a great 3 point shooter and defensive player. but he hasnt a lot post skills .he must improve in rebounding but he is really good and ready to do great things. he cant be a big man. he nevere played that. he is a pure PF, but ,in my opinion, he can be a SF for some minute.
finally i dont know, he can be really goos or really bad. i hope he'll be great!

Bryan Colangelo has said that Bargs will be a center.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: