Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Exclamation Thomas eyes return to Spurs

Quote:
Kurt Thomas spent four months in San Antonio last season, just long enough to determine he'd like to come back for a second tour of duty with the Spurs.

Thomas also has been around the business of the NBA long enough to know he'd be best served to look around a bit before committing to that desire in writing.

Though it remains his preference to return to San Antonio next season, Thomas — an unrestricted free agent — said Monday he plans to investigate other opportunities before signing a new contract.

“Hopefully, things work out that way,” Thomas said of the possibility of re-signing with the Spurs. “That's the great thing about being a free agent. I get to weigh my options and decide what's best for me and my family.”

To read the full article, click here

I'd like to see him back, hopefully we re-sign him, and we should also give Ian Mahimi some playing time this year. I've heard that Horry isn't coming back, so we could have Mahinmi replace him in our lineup (unless Bonner gets in the way and takes over the 4th spot in our inside rotation), and if we do that hopefully he can do well, maybe be a solid defender, a guy who could guard the David Wests of the league, the athletic bigs that we've had trouble with (think STAT too). Re-signing him doesn't count against our MLE, right?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
mrspurs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mrspurs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Thomas eyes return to Spurs

once again....if kurt thomas returns and the spurs bring back the same bigs as last season...the spurs play will end in may....the spurs were killed in the paint, if not for the spurs 3 point shooting, the spurs would have been torn down inside...timmy needs help bad....fab,ian,horry and bringing back kurt isnt much of a frontline, wait i forgot bonner (hehe)...timmy deserves better help and the FO just makes his job harder...lets see, now that ronnie has left la, if kurt ,doesnt runoff to hollywood......then my spursfriends what?
mrspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Thomas eyes return to Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspurs
once again....if kurt thomas returns and the spurs bring back the same bigs as last season...the spurs play will end in may....the spurs were killed in the paint, if not for the spurs 3 point shooting, the spurs would have been torn down inside...timmy needs help bad....fab,ian,horry and bringing back kurt isnt much of a frontline, wait i forgot bonner (hehe)...timmy deserves better help and the FO just makes his job harder...lets see, now that ronnie has left la, if kurt ,doesnt runoff to hollywood......then my spursfriends what?

Re-signing him won't make us get out in May, we just need to get a big in the starting lineup that can guard the athletic big men, if we can do that then we could still retain Thomas as a backup big man. He helps us more than anyone else we currently have outside of Duncan down low, we need to keep him on the roster, though hopefully as a backup.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: