Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Question Will Finley leave?

Quote:
I've seen alotta stuff online that his agent is shopping him around but no reports about anyone being interrested unlike Barry has Lakers, Pheonix and Houston after him. Do yall think he'll leave or sign with SA again?

A guy from SpursReport wrote that, obviously there isn't any firm proof that he's going to leave, but if his agent is shopping him around, and there are multiple reports online that the guy is seeing, there's got to be a little truth to it, right? Hopefully he does leave, I don't want to see us re-sign him. He was a solid 9-10 point guy last year, but he's getting older and we need to surround the core with younger players, like I and the rest of us Spurs fans have been saying for a while now.

Do you see him remaining with the Spurs, or will he leave? Do you think the Spurs should even make him an offer?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will Finley leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
A guy from SpursReport wrote that, obviously there isn't any firm proof that he's going to leave, but if his agent is shopping him around, and there are multiple reports online that the guy is seeing, there's got to be a little truth to it, right? Hopefully he does leave, I don't want to see us re-sign him. He was a solid 9-10 point guy last year, but he's getting older and we need to surround the core with younger players, like I and the rest of us Spurs fans have been saying for a while now.

Do you see him remaining with the Spurs, or will he leave? Do you think the Spurs should even make him an offer?

I think money will be the main factor. Last season was the final season of his contract with Dallas so, the Spurs were only paying him around 4 mil (I believe). Dallas was paying him 14 mil (or something like that).

If he's not willing to take 2-3 mil to play, he may be out of the league all together. I think the Spurs should resign him if he's willing to take 2-3 mil but, not as a starter. He knows the system and can make big shots when he's hot but, he's too streaky.

They need to start Gino, get a real 6-man and use Finley as a 8-9th man.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
I think money will be the main factor. Last season was the final season of his contract with Dallas so, the Spurs were only paying him around 4 mil (I believe). Dallas was paying him 14 mil (or something like that).

If he's not willing to take 2-3 mil to play, he may be out of the league all together. I think the Spurs should resign him if he's willing to take 2-3 mil but, not as a starter. He knows the system and can make big shots when he's hot but, he's too streaky.

They need to start Gino, get a real 6-man and use Finley as a 8-9th man.

Well, now that we've got Mason Jr. this makes Finley even less of a commodity. If we re-sign him, it should be for a low amount like you mentioned. I personally would like to see us sign him to a two-year deal, worth a few million, and do the same with Kurt Thomas. We can have them play for a year, and then trade their expiring contracts at the end of that year and get an impact player.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Well, now that we've got Mason Jr. this makes Finley even less of a commodity. If we re-sign him, it should be for a low amount like you mentioned. I personally would like to see us sign him to a two-year deal, worth a few million, and do the same with Kurt Thomas. We can have them play for a year, and then trade their expiring contracts at the end of that year and get an impact player.

Yeah, I would like to see Finley stay also (mainly because I think he's a class act and don't want to see him wandering around the league).

I would like to see Kurt stay only if the Spurs are going to use him to his potential. It seems like they never got him into the flow of what was going on last season. They seemed to pass him up for too many wide open shots that were in his range.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
mrspurs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mrspurs has an OK reputation so far

im not sure if finley will leave, but ill tell ya this......imo if finley stays, the spurs will end play in may, just like last season....not only has finley lost his game, he no longer is hungry....it showed in the PO's...
mrspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspurs
im not sure if finley will leave, but ill tell ya this......imo if finley stays, the spurs will end play in may, just like last season....not only has finley lost his game, he no longer is hungry....it showed in the PO's...

The Spurs won't be affected in any way come May by Finley's re-signing, as he'll be the third string at both wing positions and will only get scrub time, ala Brent Barry this past season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: