Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

Cool Ginobili will play in Olympics

Quote:
Don Harris on WOAI 6PM news said he spoke with Manu's agent Herb Rudoy about an hour ago and "Manu has every intention of playing in the Olympics."

Harris went on to say "Ginobili spent only 24 hours in San Antonio getting both an anti-inflammatory shot and an another MRI on that ankle. He is now in route back to Argentina and will be presented with the flag at the presidential palace by President (Cristina) Fernandez at a big ceremony tomorrow."

"Rudoy made it clear to me, Manu's got his mind made up. He (Rudoy) told me on the phone last night:

'Manu told me last night, that the ankle feels fine. It's much better. He returned to Argentina today. His plan is to go to Beijing to play in the Olympics and to carry the flag. Barring something unforeseen that is his intention. You would have to shoot him to keep him out.'

He has spoken with the Spurs about a contract extension with Ginobili, but that is now on hold until after the Olympics are over."

SpursReport

Man, a contract extension...? I don't know if I would want the Spurs to commit long-term to him, we've got a window of 2-3 more years and then we're going to have to rebuild, I want the Spurs to at least have a bunch of salary cap to get good free agents by then.

As for him playing in the Olympics, it's great that he's representing his country, hopefully he gets his ankle healed up so he's 100% for the regular season. Another concern is now he's basically playing basketball year-round, hopefully this doesn't effect him come next season.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: Ginobili will play in Olympics

Doesn't look like the Spurs are going to give him an extention until they see how he feels this upcoming season. Hopefully Manu will recover and Pop will let him rest until February.
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

Andrew Bogut was holding out, then when he signed 4 the Bucks, he was put on the Australian team ASAP.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=75431

Personally i dont like the guy.

When he 1st got drafted, he dissed our Australian Basketball legonds of the game, and 1s that have been to the NBA too, Luc Longley, Shane Heal and Andrew Gaze.

Longly was on tv here in an interview, and i quote he said "Bogut is talking the talk, all he has to do now is walk the walk". From this day i lost all respect 4 him.
ClintDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintDogg
Andrew Bogut was holding out, then when he signed 4 the Bucks, he was put on the Australian team ASAP.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=75431

Personally i dont like the guy.

When he 1st got drafted, he dissed our Australian Basketball legonds of the game, and 1s that have been to the NBA too, Luc Longley, Shane Heal and Andrew Gaze.

Longly was on tv here in an interview, and i quote he said "Bogut is talking the talk, all he has to do now is walk the walk". From this day i lost all respect 4 him.

Interesting. Not sure what that has to do with Manu but welcome to the board.
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

lol.

it means they are all holding out until they sign.

get me?.
ClintDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: