Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 AM   #376
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Beijing 2008

Melo already volunteered for 2012. A lot of people think he's a jerk but that is actually a huge thing because he has so many friends on the team. Wade, James, and Bryant love the guy.

Here's the one thing that could kill the team. A 3 year commitment like they had to make last time (which wasn't strictly enforced but...). When Melo volunteered for 2012 and they asked him if he would make a 3 year commitment again he backstepped again. That's why I said they will have about half of their team assembled in 2010 and will probably lose the world championships again, but come 2012 it will be a more complete roster. In the end only time will tell.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #377
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I would include Wade he had the best game of his career tonight. With James and Bryant you got two guys that give a **** and are good enough to make an impact, unfortunately that's not always the case in any organization.

You're right. This was a team achievement though. Like I posted before I don't really like to try to individualize this. There were so many difference makers. That entire core group of guys was amazing. I think that is probably the best way to put it. Without any of them it wouldn't have turned out the same. To go undefeated and win the gold is a very difficult thing to do today.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #378
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
You're right. This was a team achievement though. Like I posted before I don't really like to try to individualize this. There were so many difference makers. That entire core group of guys was amazing. I think that is probably the best way to put it. Without any of them it wouldn't have turned out the same. To go undefeated and win the gold is a very difficult thing to do today.

Totally agree with you and to be honest to win the final game by getting the short end of the officiating was even more impressive. I have a gut feeling something was going on here akin to the nhl.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #379
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Totally agree with you and to be honest to win the final game by getting the short end of the officiating was even more impressive. I have a gut feeling something was going on here akin to the nhl.

I missed that part of the game.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #380
dd24
College superstar

Now that Olympic basketball is over I just wanted you guys to know I'm going to try to not be a stranger to the International forum either. Although, after Monday my job is going to get increasingly difficult so I won't have as much time to post.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #381
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Now that Olympic basketball is over I just wanted you guys to know I'm going to try to not be a stranger to the International forum either. Although, after Monday my job is going to get increasingly difficult so I won't have as much time to post.

Good luck
Old 08-24-2008, 06:12 AM   #382
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I missed that part of the game.

Ha ha I bet you did Your team put up a great fight. Congrats on an amazing Olympics.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #383
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Ha ha I bet you did Your team put up a great fight. Congrats on an amazing Olympics.

Frankly, I prefer to avoid talking about the officiating, because the game was so good that it doesn't make sense to ruin the incredible feelings we all got during the match. This was the best game I've seen in the last 15 years or more, so I don't care. But reading here or in the main forum that Spain was benefited by the officiating is really insulting. Anyway, I will stop here with that things, I don't care anymore of that.
Just to say congratulations to the US for a pretty good performance and in general to the four top teams in these Olympics because they all deserved some samll piece of gold.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #384
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Frankly, I prefer to avoid talking about the officiating, because the game was so good that it doesn't make sense to ruin the incredible feelings we all got during the match. This was the best game I've seen in the last 15 years or more, so I don't care. But reading here or in the main forum that Spain was benefited by the officiating is really insulting. Anyway, I will stop here with that things, I don't care anymore of that.
Just to say congratulations to the US for a pretty good performance and in general to the four top teams in these Olympics because they all deserved some samll piece of gold.

You have a lot to be proud of. I'm sure you didn't think before the game that JCN was going to get to the lane at will against America's gaurds. Somehow the US didn't have the defensive pressure they did before and he had their way with them. Of course Pau was amazing. It was a great game. I think it exceeded everybody's expectations. Like I stated before, as far as the competition goes I think this was the best Olympics for basketball yet. The competition was tight.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #385
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
You have a lot to be proud of. I'm sure you didn't think before the game that JCN was going to get to the lane at will against America's gaurds. Somehow the US didn't have the defensive pressure they did before and he had their way with them. Of course Pau was amazing. It was a great game. I think it exceeded everybody's expectations. Like I stated before, as far as the competition goes I think this was the best Olympics for basketball yet. The competition was tight.

Well, Navarro was an tremendous surprise after all the bad games he had before. In fact, I think it is the first time he shows in a big game. He has been always somewhat suspect of disappearing in the finals. But today he was amazing, even taking the point responsibilities when Spain had foul trouble in Raul and Ricky with his small injury.

Yeah, it was a game far above the expectations, I really enjoyed the early wake up on Sunday for the second time in my life, first was the WC'06 final in Japan. It looks like Spain needs every tournament to be played in Asia to play that good, haha.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #386
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I think its very insulting,the problem with the officiating(without wanting to get to into it too)is that people in this forum have to remember this is FIBA basketball not NBA,the referees were not refereeing like they do week in week out in europe.FIBA rules do not allow people to lift their pivot foot before the bounce.Something people might not have noticed was Navarro when he recieved the inbound ball at 3.2 secs left he deliberately did 3 quick steps before he put the ball on the floor infront of the ref(was he trying to make a point?)Anyway the important thing is what a great game it was and what a great advert it was for the game of basketball.Spain came out without fear and believing in their ability and possibilities of winning the game,they did not come out wanting to make it respectable,they came out to win.Thats the first step.Not fearing the mighty USA.I have never been Kbe's greatest fan but he has done a lot in the olympics to earn some respect,he has been a real gentleman in and out of court,turning up to other games and showing an awful lot of respect.good on him.
Berraco yo he visto el mismo partido que tu!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #387
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I think its very insulting,the problem with the officiating(without wanting to get to into it too)is that people in this forum have to remember this is FIBA basketball not NBA,the referees were not refereeing like they do week in week out in europe.FIBA rules do not allow people to lift their pivot foot before the bounce.Something people might not have noticed was Navarro when he recieved the inbound ball at 3.2 secs left he deliberately did 3 quick steps before he put the ball on the floor infront of the ref(was he trying to make a point?)Anyway the important thing is what a great game it was and what a great advert it was for the game of basketball.Spain came out without fear and believing in their ability and possibilities of winning the game,they did not come out wanting to make it respectable,they came out to win.Thats the first step.Not fearing the mighty USA.I have never been Kbe's greatest fan but he has done a lot in the olympics to earn some respect,he has been a real gentleman in and out of court,turning up to other games and showing an awful lot of respect.good on him.
Berraco yo he visto el mismo partido que tu!

Yeah, the important thing is that this game was a true basketball party!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #388
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Melo already volunteered for 2012. A lot of people think he's a jerk but that is actually a huge thing because he has so many friends on the team. Wade, James, and Bryant love the guy.

Here's the one thing that could kill the team. A 3 year commitment like they had to make last time (which wasn't strictly enforced but...). When Melo volunteered for 2012 and they asked him if he would make a 3 year commitment again he backstepped again. That's why I said they will have about half of their team assembled in 2010 and will probably lose the world championships again, but come 2012 it will be a more complete roster. In the end only time will tell.

There's already talk of 2012.

Quote:
Of the eight core players on this team, five of them said they would definitely return to London in 2012 Bryant, Williams, Howard, Chris Paul, and Chris Bosh. The other three core team members, who also happen to be the only Athens holdovers James, Wade and Carmelo Anthony said they would make a decision when its time to. NY Times

I've seen another article where Melo said he wanted to play too.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #389
Unimane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Unimane has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Shame to see Lithuania once again not take as much as they probably deserved for the competition they have had,but credit to argentina for always playing above their possibilities!I love their attitude.Spain were great,to their credit they had the US playing as hard as they can for pretty much the whole game.I think Spain has done the rest of the basketballing world a great service by giving the americans a leveled game,hopefully they will understand now that other nations do play basketball and stop calling the NBA champs the world champs.It was a shame to see rudy go with 5 fouls because he was really in to the game and in the last minutes he is great.Also what a difference it makes for Spain when Navarro actually turns up.Ricky Rubio youngest ever olympian to win a medal at the olympics,can't believe he is 17!!mostly cause of his maturity.Especially when he got pissed off at the end and got a tech,thats character.congrats to Team USA.Spain and Argentina too.

Good post, although I disagree with the one main point above. This tournament pretty much validated the idea that the NBA is clearly the best. Which teams had the most NBA players? USA, Spain and Argentina-the three medalists. And the only team able to give Team USA a game was the only other team that can play a bunch of NBA players.

Still, fantastic game, though. I didn't think it would be nearly as close as it was, but Spain played exceptional today. If Rubio can develop a jump shot, he will be an NBA All-Star (I'm still not sold on Marc Gasol, though.).
Unimane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #390
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Where's france, brazil and turkey, france had more nba players than any other team including a nba finals mvp and they didn't even qualify. The euroleague gets better every year and it's still fuzzy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: