Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #391
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Beijing 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimane
Good post, although I disagree with the one main point above. This tournament pretty much validated the idea that the NBA is clearly the best. Which teams had the most NBA players? USA, Spain and Argentina-the three medalists. And the only team able to give Team USA a game was the only other team that can play a bunch of NBA players.

Still, fantastic game, though. I didn't think it would be nearly as close as it was, but Spain played exceptional today. If Rubio can develop a jump shot, he will be an NBA All-Star (I'm still not sold on Marc Gasol, though.).
Greece dont have a single NBA player and I really believe they could have given the US a tough game too.Forget the group game,look at spain in the group stages compared to the final.Plus I wasn't speaking about the NBA V the rest but the USA v the rest regardless of where they play.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #392
trc2006
Can barely lace up my sneakers

trc2006 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Beijing 2008

I'm looking forward to Turkey 2010. But our players only talk about "2012"...

In Europe World Championship is as important as the Olympic Game.

I hope USA team stays more or less the same, but most of all that the best players keep on wanting to play for the nation... I would hate to see James or Bryant out of Turkey 2010 or London 2012.

I would like to see the Beijing 2008 team without Kidd and Redd but with additions of young guns like Bynum, Mayo, and so on.

We are on top now. But if we want to stay where we are, we have to fight harder, and keep playing with our best players.
trc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: