Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #31
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Beijing 2008

Always glad to see russia destroyed. Too bad Spain didn't beat them like they beat the Portugese. russia didn't deserve the Eurobasket, so I hope Spain will get their revenge again if they meat in Olympic quarterfinals, if Spain finished 2nd, and russia 3rd in the groups, because that is the highest possible spot for russia, they will be blown out by either Spain, USA, or Greece. No chance for russia to go further, unless Donaghy is the ref.
I would rank teams like this

1 - USA, Spain, Argentina
2 - Lithuania, Greece
3 - Croatia, russia
4 - Germany, Australia
5 - China
6 - Angola, Iran
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #32
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
Always glad to see russia destroyed. Too bad Spain didn't beat them like they beat the Portugese. russia didn't deserve the Eurobasket, so I hope Spain will get their revenge again if they meat in Olympic quarterfinals, if Spain finished 2nd, and russia 3rd in the groups, because that is the highest possible spot for russia, they will be blown out by either Spain, USA, or Greece. No chance for russia to go further, unless Donaghy is the ref.
I would rank teams like this

1 - USA, Spain, Argentina
2 - Lithuania, Greece
3 - Croatia, russia
4 - Germany, Australia
5 - China
6 - Angola, Iran

Agreed for the most part, but I'd drop Argentina to group 2 and put Greece at 1 with Spain and the US. Germany I'd put up there with Croatia and Russia, I think they proved at qualifiers that they're about equal with Croatia.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #33
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Agreed for the most part, but I'd drop Argentina to group 2 and put Greece at 1 with Spain and the US. Germany I'd put up there with Croatia and Russia, I think they proved at qualifiers that they're about equal with Croatia.
Croatia is a very young team with tons of potential. They are for me a step above, really, but lack experience. In two years they are going to kick some as*** in Europe if they don't get lost like the serbians. Germany does whatever Nowitzki can do, now with Kaman he has some help but all the other players are really low profile, they can have one good game sometimes but nothing consistent. If nothing big happens, they are going to disappear from the top level competition when Dirk would be gone.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #34
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Spain's defense is being absolutely terrific. Aito puts even more pressure on this than Hernandez did, and that is going to be the key of Spain's success. Everyone is playing at a very high level. Navarro played something in the 4th.
On tuesday they play Argentina, that's going to be a real hint about the strength of the spanish team, because I always thought that Russia was not a rival for Spain (even if they won the Eurobasket, current Spain would win 8 out of 10 games between them IMO)

With Manu in there that is definately a great game.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #35
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Argentina is definately a tier 1 team. They were the last team to beat the US in 04 and their players come to the NBA and can immediately play. They have some great athletes on that team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #36
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I considered Croatia at 2, but they are still to inexperienced, and barely got past Germany. They did, however, beat Spain in a terrible finish, Rudy got fouled, but it was still a win nonetheless. Another reason for Croatia for not being a level up is that tiers 1 and 2 would beat them. I think russia could take them, and even Germany if they played again. We'll see how they do, I'm sure their chemistry is much higher than Lithuania's, who have so far played Iceland twice, Belarus, and Portugal. Quality basketball. However, we are playing Spain on Thursday and Argentina Friday. We'll see what Lithuania is made of, however, I don't expect or hope for any wins, because it's not good for us when we get too confident, we had these problems in the last Olympics and Worlds.
Berraco is completely right about Germany, nothing to add.
Greece is not tier 1, they didn't beat Lithuania, and they are a rather emotional team, just like in football. They can only win when they are on a wave, they get going and cannot stop, but as soon as they lose, I think it really stops their game, and that isn't the way the top 3 in my ranking are. Just because they beat the US before, which was a memorable game, I don't think they are on a level with Argentina, Spain, or the US.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 AM   #37
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

My tier of the olympics

1. USA
2. Greece (2 great euroleague teams)
Spain (5 euroleague teams and four are good)
Russia (CSKA)
3. Argentina, Lithuania
4. Croatia, China
5. everyone else
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #38
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
I considered Croatia at 2, but they are still to inexperienced, and barely got past Germany. They did, however, beat Spain in a terrible finish, Rudy got fouled, but it was still a win nonetheless. Another reason for Croatia for not being a level up is that tiers 1 and 2 would beat them. I think russia could take them, and even Germany if they played again. We'll see how they do, I'm sure their chemistry is much higher than Lithuania's, who have so far played Iceland twice, Belarus, and Portugal. Quality basketball. However, we are playing Spain on Thursday and Argentina Friday. We'll see what Lithuania is made of, however, I don't expect or hope for any wins, because it's not good for us when we get too confident, we had these problems in the last Olympics and Worlds.
Berraco is completely right about Germany, nothing to add.
Greece is not tier 1, they didn't beat Lithuania, and they are a rather emotional team, just like in football. They can only win when they are on a wave, they get going and cannot stop, but as soon as they lose, I think it really stops their game, and that isn't the way the top 3 in my ranking are. Just because they beat the US before, which was a memorable game, I don't think they are on a level with Argentina, Spain, or the US.

Memorable and unique. I can't remember any other game on which Greece score more than 100 points. I would say that's against their principles, like the teams coached by Obradovic, 60 points is enough because your rival is going to score only 59...
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #39
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Memorable and unique. I can't remember any other game on which Greece score more than 100 points. I would say that's against their principles, like the teams coached by Obradovic, 60 points is enough because your rival is going to score only 59...
I still think .
1/USA.
1.5!/Spain,Greece,Argentina
2/Croatia,Lithuania,Germany(because of Nowitzki,cause the rest are incredibly mediocre)
I think Spain and Greece can beat USA especially Spain but USA are always,albeit slightly,favourites.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #40
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Greece's defence is incredible, and that's absolutely right, 60 is enough. I am not a fan of Greece, but you really have to love their defence and effort. And as of right now, the teams that are more than able to beat the US are: Spain, Argentina, Greece, Lithuania, and Croatia[and Puerto Rico :) .] Spain and Greece can really lock the US down, and Argentina and Lithuania can play defence, but our and Argentina's offence is much better. As for Croatia, I can just see them beating the US, even though they aren't elite, I think they could do it, they beat Spain last year, I don't see US being any better.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #41
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Does anybody know if you can watch the spain argentina game online?Its half time and spain winning 45 - 30.Spain clearly superior so far.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #42
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

awesome game, argentina is coming back in the last seconds
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
Cangri

Manu Ginobli is raining threes like it's nothing
Old 07-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #44
Cangri

http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_liv...lerta_deportes
heres the link, sorry i posted it a little late
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #45
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Does anybody know if you can watch the spain argentina game online?Its half time and spain winning 45 - 30.Spain clearly superior so far.

Anywhere I can follow this match or get a score?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: