Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raptors/Pacers Trade Rumor - Jermaine

JO hasn't been healthy in 5 YEARS. His last 4 years he played 42, 69, 51, and 44 games. That is AWFUL. If you factor that there are lso "recovery" games when a guy tries to get his wind back and rust out, that's even more games he wasn't an impact player.

I love JO's game. He is the Rebounder and Shot Blocker that the Raps need and can also put in 19-20 ppg. He is a perfect fit, but the reality is he is 30 yrs old, hasn't played a full season in 4 years and his body is not getting healthier with age.

At 44M/2 yrs, this guy really scares me. The only advantage i see in this trade is that we would have an enormous amount of salary space for 2010 however a lot of teams are prepping for that as well so the question will be can we get players to come up north.

I really hope BC keeps shopping. I am also more inclined to do this trade without the 17th pick because of how deep the draft is this year but i think Indiana is specifically shopping for a second pick so i would be surprised if they did this deal without the pick being included.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #32
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Jermaine Oneal to Raptors according to FAN590

That's a LOT of value for Oneal
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #33
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
For Toronto this deal doesn't make much sense, aside from clearing cap space in a couple years. JO and Raptors are in a different phase, he's a 29 year old injury prone, past all-star, Toronto is a young up-coming team still adding pieces and trying to find an identity.

I don't get what you're trying to say, JO would provide the Raptors with a ton of experience and leadership. A froncourt with Bosh and a healthy JO would be deadly. But ya, the only downside is that he's injury prone.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some Raps fan tell me, what specifically is wrong with Ford's back? Is it just freak accidents, just a weak spine? Seems the difference between he and JO's injury woes are that Ford seems to have a degenerative condition that will always make him an injury risk, whereas JO's knees can and have been fixed by surgery.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #35
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
I don't get what you're trying to say, JO would provide the Raptors with a ton of experience and leadership. A froncourt with Bosh and a healthy JO would be deadly. But ya, the only downside is that he's injury prone.
Not really,but I could see where you're getting at.

I still believe Toronto should trade for Eddy Curry at C.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #36
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Some Raps fan tell me, what specifically is wrong with Ford's back? Is it just freak accidents, just a weak spine? Seems the difference between he and JO's injury woes are that Ford seems to have a degenerative condition that will always make him an injury risk, whereas JO's knees can and have been fixed by surgery.

TJ Ford is one "Horford" hit away from ending his career.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Eddy Curry??? You ****ting me??? Raptors should stay away from any Knick players.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #38
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

You serious? JO is one of about 5 big men in this league who can anchor a great defensive team. He's an injury risk but he'd solve the problems they had in Toronto without him. If this is all it takes to get JO we should make a move for him here in Charlotte, a package of J Rich, Adam Morrison and Matt Carrol isn't equal value for him but its better than the Raps offer.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #39
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
But ya, the only downside is that he's injury prone.

I was under the impression that JO has not been healthy on paper due to the fact that his team is playing for nothing. I strongly believe JO will suddenly become healthy for a team that has a reason to play.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #40
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Ford is injury prone but that is still too much for O'Neal who hasn't played a full season in about 5 years, is old (since he came right to the league out of highschool), is injury prone, and most importantly has the 5th highest salary in the league! the pacers should be giving up a 1st round pick just to unload that horrible contract. He makes $21 million a year!
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #41
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shok
I was under the impression that JO has not been healthy on paper due to the fact that his team is playing for nothing. I strongly believe JO will suddenly become healthy for a team that has a reason to play.

Your saying he might be pulling a "Vince Carter"??
Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #42
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shok

Thats what I'd heard too.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #43
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Some Raps fan tell me, what specifically is wrong with Ford's back? Is it just freak accidents, just a weak spine?

He has a condition called spinal stenosis.

Basically, what it is is that Ford's spine canal is narrowed and that causes it to compress against the spinal cord or nervers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_stenosis

More detail there.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #44
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say good move by the Raps.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #45
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

He's 5'11, 165 lbs and attacks the paint relentlessly, it's just freak accidents that result from a man that size constantly coming into contact with 6'11, 260 lbs forwards and centers who are swatting at the ball and instead are crushing him, injuries happen. The only reason to worry is just his style of play and his size.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: