Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Blazers trade J.Jack, J.McRoberts, B.Rush to Pacers for J.Bayless, I.Diogu

This deal, which everyone has known about for a while now, became official today:

The Portland Trail Blazers acquired the draft rights to guard Jerryd Bayless (11th overall pick), and forward Ike Diogu from Indiana in exchange for Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts, the draft rights to Brandon Rush (13th overall pick) and cash considerations, it was announced today by general manager Kevin Pritchard.

Bayless, 19, posted averages of 19.7 points (third in Pac-10), 2.7 rebounds and 4.0 assists while shooting 83.9% from the free throw line and 40.7% from 3-point range in his lone collegiate season at the University of Arizona. The 6-3, 200-pound guard earned Second Team All-Pac-10 and All-Freshman Team honors, was an Associated Press All-American Honorable Mention and was a finalist for the Wooden Award.

http://www.insidehoops.com/bayless-j...e-070908.shtml

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-09-2008 at 02:05 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blazers trade J.Jack, J.McRoberts, B.Rush to Pacers for J.Bayless, I.Diogu

Hurrah! Took their time didn't they? Hopefully this means Rush can join in for the rest of the Summer League, would like to see him play.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blazers trade J.Jack, J.McRoberts, B.Rush to Pacers for J.Bayless, I.Diogu

Blazers are making lots of good moves. Congrats to Balzers fans.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Blazers have one of the brightest future in the nba ...
Congrats to Blazers fans
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Hurrah! Took their time didn't they?

They had to. Diogu's contract couldn't be officially traded until today.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
They had to. Diogu's contract couldn't be officially traded until today.

Thought it was Jack? Hell, maybe both.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Hopefully McRoberts can get some PT in Indy. Who are the starting bigs for Indy?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

bd#1pguard is considered somewhat coolbd#1pguard is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Hopefully McRoberts can get some PT in Indy. Who are the starting bigs for Indy?

this trade is irrelevant for both teams until the year 2011 when maybe one of the rookies shows up
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
this trade is irrelevant for both teams until the year 2011 when maybe one of the rookies shows up

Jack should be able to contribute immediately in Indiana. I think both rookies will go through a learning curve, but both will have their flashes that impact their teams this season. They'll both get their minutes, so neither will be irrelevant unless you are talking about on a grand scale.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Total steal for the Blazers.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #11
Wade 3
Banned

Wade 3 has an OK reputation so far

The Blazers just keep getting better.
Jack was never any good at point and Bayless was drafted 11 but has top ten talent.
I just hope Oden is not a bust.
Solid Lineup Now
PG-Bayless
SG-Roy
SF-Webster
PF-Lamarcus
C-Oden
They will fight for the 8th playoff spot
Wade 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade 3
The Blazers just keep getting better.
Jack was never any good at point and Bayless was drafted 11 but has top ten talent.
I just hope Oden is not a bust.
Solid Lineup Now
PG-Bayless
SG-Roy
SF-Webster
PF-Lamarcus
C-Oden
They will fight for the 8th playoff spot

More realistic starting rotation next year (which is even better then above):

Roy
Fernandez
Outlaw
Lamarcus
Oden

Bench: Bayless, Webster, Frye, Prz, Blake, Diogu

SICK! Also have basically the biggest expiring deal in the league with LaFrentz and one of the best GMs and richest owners. Blazers are looking set for a long long time.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Roy
Fernandez
Outlaw
Lamarcus
Oden

I doubt that will be our starting line up... it might be our 4th quarter line up though.

Roy doesn't have to lateral quickness to spend 35 minutes guarding other PGs and still be the primary scoring option.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The starting line up will be:

Steve Blake
Brandon Roy
Martell Webster
LaMarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

I've thought that would be the line up for some time, and coach Nate confirmed it the other day. Of course this could change if Bayless or Fernandez prove they are worthy of starting in training camp.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: