Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #31
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Blazers trade J.Jack, J.McRoberts, B.Rush to Pacers for J.Bayless, I.Diogu

Diogu definitely has a role, he's shown he's willing to do dirty work, nate will love him
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #32
Wade 3
Banned

Wade 3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blazers trade J.Jack, J.McRoberts, B.Rush to Pacers for J.Bayless, I.Diogu

The only knock i have against Ike is his size
He is only 6'8
Needs to put on some more muscle if he wants to be a decent PF.
Wade 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #33
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Diogu's only skill is scoring from the block, and NEVER passing out of it. Other than that he has no idea how to play basketball.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #34
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

Channing is a better fit than Diogu in the second lineup though, as he brings some offense. Pryzbilla is a solid backup center. Good rotation of big men for this team.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #35
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Diogu is fat
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #36
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has an OK reputation so far

Blazer fans arent excited about Ike, we are extatic about Bayless.

Jerryd was the 4th best player in the draft and somehow dropped to #11.

He is going to be a stud, but it may take him a while to get used to the NBA style of play.

Blazer fans are excited about seeing Bayless play in the SL.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #37
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Blazer fans arent excited about Ike, we are extatic about Bayless.

Exactly. I couldn't care less about whether he gets minutes or not. I'm willing to give him a chance, but I have no emotional stock in the guy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #38
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i was skeptic at 1st but now i like it. rush is going to be good.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #39
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I know I asked this before, but are the Pacers really going into the season with Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Roy Hibbert, Rasho and McRoberts as their big men?
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #40
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I know I asked this before, but are the Pacers really going into the season with Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Roy Hibbert, Rasho and McRoberts as their big men?

My guess is that their done moving things around. And, I'll bet that they wait until close to the deadline to see how the roster shakes out before they consider any more moves. They did a lot in a very short amount of time.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #41
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I'm sure they'll look to add someone, maybe a Carl Landry type. There's not a real PF in that whole bunch, people think Murphy is but he's more or less just a really tall 3.

Either way, Indy really only plays one big at a time, at least on the blocks. It's more of 4 out offense than anything, at least it was last season. I expect Shawne Williams to see plenty of time at the 4 spot.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #42
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Baston is worth mentioning, he'll get some kind of minutes.
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #43
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I have concern about Bayless's attitude. You hear about the Blazers players all having great attitudes and high character, very likable guys. The first thing I noticed about Bayless is that he might be kind of a tough guy type player. The local media is even saying he is kind of cold and I don't know what to make of it.

I would rather have players like Roy. The kind that will just let the other team talk and only say, "Yeah you guys are real good, uh huh", letting the other team feel superior and safe. That is until the 4th quarter when Roy puts his foot down on their throats.

Bayless seems like the guy that will give the other team motivation by pissing off the other teams players rather than intimidating them. I wish he would get some humility because you can't come into the NBA thinking your going to own everyone.

I could be wrong. It's been suggested that he's still bitter about being traded around and slipping to 11 on draft night. He could also be just getting use to the city and the people before he let's his guard down. I hope the other guys tell him to mellow out a little.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #44
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think we need some sort of an edge, but definitely not too much. From what I read, Bayless has an attitude similar to Jarrett Jack's. He's the type of guy that will challenge guys, on the court and in the weight room. Like Jarrett though, he doesn't take sh*t from people. Jack and Przybilla were the only 2 guys on our team that had somewhat of an edge to them and would stand up to guys on other teams. We need that. I've read that KG was intimidating to several of the players and Przybilla was the only guy that got in his face. I think its important to have those types of guys. As long as our team isn't completely made up of those types of guys, it creates a good balance. We got a couple of guys that will stand up for the team, but then the rest of the team that will pull them back at the right time to keep everything in check.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #45
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: