Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far
Default Potential 08-09 Line-up

Foye | Telfair | Nietzel
Brewer | McCants | Carney
Miller | Carney | Cardinal
Love | Gomes | Madsen
Jefferson | Collins | Richard

what do you think??
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
fire mchale
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fire mchale has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Potential 08-09 Line-up

where did Nietzel come from? He's not even on the team. If they don't resign Telfair, McCants probably going to get PG time and don't forget, they draft a center too, So probably he'll be their third and Richard and Collins can share the second.
fire mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

no room for smith sad...

if brewer improves in two or three years time our wolves might reach the playoffs again. I hope foye will be healthy all season long.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #4
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire mchale
where did Nietzel come from? He's not even on the team. If they don't resign Telfair, McCants probably going to get PG time and don't forget, they draft a center too, So probably he'll be their third and Richard and Collins can share the second.

hes on our summer league team. and i think the FO will sign him as our 3rd string PG.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Looks pretty good. If the FO does not mess things up, we should have a pretty good squad in 2-3 years. Plus, I still have doubts about Randy Wittman being our coach. The dude can not coach. And with so much new talent coming on board, I worry about how effective he will be with this core group of talent.

I swear, if we start off 5-15 or or worse, we need to let Randy go as our coach.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't forget about Bryce Taylor as a backup guard. Last I heard he signed with the Wolves' summer league team... can anyone confirm this?? University of Oregon grad that will help any NBA team with his outside shooting and man defense
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
porkchops
Can barely lace up my sneakers

porkchops has an OK reputation so far

Hey guys! Brand new, big Wolves fan.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a lineup something like this:

C-Al
PF-Love
SF-Brewer (not huge minutes, Gomes would get more assuming he resigns)
SG-Miller
PG-Foye
porkchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchops
Hey guys! Brand new, big Wolves fan.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a lineup something like this:

C-Al
PF-Love
SF-Brewer (not huge minutes, Gomes would get more assuming he resigns)
SG-Miller
PG-Foye

Welcome to the Wolves fam, money!!!

I like the look of the line-up. We got outside and we got inside. With Miller and Brew on the wings. Love and Big Al in the post. All Foye gotta do is dribble and kick. Or dribble and dump off. We are going to be so improved for this upcoming season!!!

And what ever we do, we gotta keep Drew Neitzel. Man, this cat can flat out play!! I love watching this kid play. We gotta keep him.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #9
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

What are people's thoughts on Pops Mensa Bonsu? As a GB fan i can't wait to see him play this summer. He seems to bring alot of energy to the court offense & defense. Do you think he can make the squad?
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

My T-Wolves Line-Up
Foye | Telfair
McCants | Brewer or Carney
Miller | Gomes | Cardinal
Love | Smith | Madsen
Jefferson | Richard | Collins

Not bad at all. This has potential to be a very dangerous offensive team. If Foye works on his long-ball, they would have amazing offensive balance: Two shooters (Miller and Foye), Two posts (Jefferson and Love), and One driver (McCants). An that's not even taking into account that Miller can drive, McCants can shoot, and Jefferson and Love can pass.

Also, Craig Smith deserves a big rotation spot now that he's been brought back. he's very solid. Gomes should slide up and get big minutes off the bench as well. Hopefully Kirk Snyder is brought back to back up McCants, but if not, Carney and Brewer will have to compete to backup the SG. Brewer is younger and is better defensively, but Carney is more experienced and is better offensively, so it could go wither way. Snyder is the best of both worlds.

The only other thing is that Richard should be the back-up center. He proved last year that he can handle it, and Collins could be the perfect mentor for him.

This team's bench is much stronger than given credit for, and they have a few backups (Telfair, Smith, and Gomes) that could step in and start, and nobody would ever know the difference.

One final thought: Mike Miller can and has played SG before. Gomes deserves more PT than he would probably get as just coming off of the bench, so maybe we should think about a Foye, Miller, Gomes, Love, Jefferson line-up. McCants would also be instant energy off of the bench. What do you think?

Last edited by hutcht02 : 07-23-2008 at 02:52 PM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go Kevin Love!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #12
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

i see a break out season for randy,craig and corey brewer.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

I agree i think Randy will be a potential MIP type of guy

my starting line - up

Pg: Randy Foye
Sg: Mike Miller
Sf: Gomes ( maybe split with Brewer )
Pf: Love
C : Jefferson

I would really like Jefferson to go back to Pf but it wont happen
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
no room for smith sad...

if brewer improves in two or three years time our wolves might reach the playoffs again. I hope foye will be healthy all season long.

I'd put Smith in the game over Collins, Madsen, Richard, and Cardinal
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

PG-Foye
SG-McCants
SF-Miller
PF-Love
C-Jefferson
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: