Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Adams game breakdown

from nbadraft.net

NBA Comparison: Ruben Patterson
Strengths: One of the top athletes in college basketball...An absolute freak of nature...Explodes off the floor with his unreal vertical leap...Arguably the best dunker in the nation...Excels at the acrobatic play...Best in the nation at the weakside rebound putback slam...Exceptional rebounder for his size...Plays much bigger than his 6'4" frame...Has worked hard at becoming more than just a dunker ...Great at filling in the blanks (tipping passes, taking charges, etc.)...Solid in the clutch...Remarkably strong build, which helps him absorb contact and finish near the rim...Plays with high intensity...The phrase heart and soul of his team appear in many of his bios...Has all the physical tools to be a shut-down defender...Terrific in the open court...Long arms...Above average ball handler...Hard worker...Great teammate...Phenomenal stamina...Never appears to be breathing hard...Very coachable...Considerable upside.
Weaknesses: Has no real NBA position...At 6'4", will most likely be an undersized 2-guard, but his skills translate more to the small forward position...Like most players at this level with his physical tools, he relies too much on his athleticism to make plays...Often jumps straight up for rebounds instead of boxing out...Reaches too much on defense instead of moving his feet (which is especially problematic because he has the lateral foot-speed to stay in front of his man)...Lets his man take too many open jumpers... Occasional lapses in concentration...Doesn't have the necessary range to consistently hit the NBA 3-pointer...Has seen a sharp dropoff in production from his sophomore to his junior season (his scoring is down 5 points, his rebounds down 2, his blocked shots down one, and his shooting percentage down 9%)...Could stand to improve his free throw percentage...Always gives people the feeling that he should be better than he is...Streaky scorer...Needs to regain his assertiveness from his stellar sophomore season.

Notes: Named California's Mr. Basketball after his senior year at Weschester High School in Los Angeles...Named to the Pac-10 Honorable Mention team his sophomore season.

Nick Prevenas - 1/28/2005
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: Adams game breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
from nbadraft.net

NBA Comparison: Ruben Patterson
Strengths: One of the top athletes in college basketball...An absolute freak of nature...Explodes off the floor with his unreal vertical leap...Arguably the best dunker in the nation...Excels at the acrobatic play...Best in the nation at the weakside rebound putback slam...Exceptional rebounder for his size...Plays much bigger than his 6'4" frame...Has worked hard at becoming more than just a dunker ...Great at filling in the blanks (tipping passes, taking charges, etc.)...Solid in the clutch...Remarkably strong build, which helps him absorb contact and finish near the rim...Plays with high intensity...The phrase heart and soul of his team appear in many of his bios...Has all the physical tools to be a shut-down defender...Terrific in the open court...Long arms...Above average ball handler...Hard worker...Great teammate...Phenomenal stamina...Never appears to be breathing hard...Very coachable...Considerable upside.
Weaknesses: Has no real NBA position...At 6'4", will most likely be an undersized 2-guard, but his skills translate more to the small forward position...Like most players at this level with his physical tools, he relies too much on his athleticism to make plays...Often jumps straight up for rebounds instead of boxing out...Reaches too much on defense instead of moving his feet (which is especially problematic because he has the lateral foot-speed to stay in front of his man)...Lets his man take too many open jumpers... Occasional lapses in concentration...Doesn't have the necessary range to consistently hit the NBA 3-pointer...Has seen a sharp dropoff in production from his sophomore to his junior season (his scoring is down 5 points, his rebounds down 2, his blocked shots down one, and his shooting percentage down 9%)...Could stand to improve his free throw percentage...Always gives people the feeling that he should be better than he is...Streaky scorer...Needs to regain his assertiveness from his stellar sophomore season.

Notes: Named California's Mr. Basketball after his senior year at Weschester High School in Los Angeles...Named to the Pac-10 Honorable Mention team his sophomore season.

Nick Prevenas - 1/28/2005

can tell you one thing, i dont think think he is 6'4'', he looks a bit shorter, but he can definitely rise, and has a strong body too

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VqkYoTTnH7U
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

I see a lot of Jose-> hassan alley oops in the future.

Did you see some of those marcus williams passes?
He would be an ideal backup pg for us.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I can't wait for Hassan's shimmy shake to come to Toronto....Hell yes!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think we should curb our excitement just a tad for this guy. Standard Raptor fan purple blinders.....which is fine, I am all for excitement. But this guy was out of the NBA real fast and there was a reason for that. He had some physical tools as nbadraft.net reported (which was in 2005 by the way). He stayed for 4 years I think in college, and still couldn't crack the NBA. He played overseas......let's not get ahead of ourselves.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

I can totally see Moon and adams both go after the same allyoop now rofl
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

At first glance he seems like another Fred Jones, which I'm not sure we should be excited about at all. Also it sounds like he really plateaued in college.

Last edited by new noise : 07-10-2008 at 05:39 PM.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Holy overreaction batman!

This guy will be nothing more than Joey Grahams competition to sit in the front row of the bench.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Adams game breakdown - playing left bench for our Toronto Raptors!!

Still nice to see crazy dunks in garbage time though.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #10
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

He is apparently a very good defender, so if he has a good training camp he could start out the season as a second unit guy.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

i may be wrong but i really think y'all are wrong when it comes to this guy, from what im hearing he really is a good player and New Jersey feels like it was a big mistake to let him go last year
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #12
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I honestly think he might get some decent playing time this season. I can't see him playing significant minutes but with our bench, i could see him playing some minutes during the ladder stages of a game...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Well, I mean, who the hell else is the back-up for an aging AP? This guy will see a good amount of playing time. And I am encouraged by what I saw in that Youtube video, a poor man's Fred Jones but with better defence. Good enough. Hopefully we get a new long-term SG once AP leaves next season.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
bluerap
Local High School Star

he'll be a solid backup, brought in to defend all-star type 2g's.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: