Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far
Default Petteri Koponen

I was upset last year when the Sixers drafted this kid out of Finland with the 30th pick and immediately sent him to Portland. Everything I read about him and saw from his tapes looked and sounded good. He would be a decent point guard to keep overseas and develop and this is something the Sixers rarely do.

Now that I'm watching him with the Blazers Summer League team...

I'm pissed!

He'd be a perfect back-up for Miller and a great guy to build in years to come. Fairly quick, runs the point efficiently but he also shown that he might be able to solve a more immediate problem.

The kid scored 19 points on 7-13 shooting, 4-6 behind the arc.

Say what you want, I know its only the summer league. But a good shooter is a good shooter. End of story. I watched J.J. Barea last summer and he turned out to be pretty good.

Portland sure knows how to find talent.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Petteri Koponen

what about the ukrainian big guy we traded? hes supposed t be good as well. i think hes with the jazz.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

I am a Bulls fan but I have been aware of Koponnen for awhile now thanks to a friend in Finland that shares my passion for basketball.

To make my long story short I think Koponnen is going to huge asset for the Blazers (as if they don't already have enough to work with) and become a star in the NBA. I can see him becoming a poor man's John Stockton at the very least.

I wish Koponnen was a Bull.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

I miss Kyle Korver....
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #5
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

hi there...i'm from Europe so i know Koponen...he could play for any NBA team but i don't think that TB will let hin show what he can do even if he's better then Rodriguez...
too bad 76ers traded Peteri when they drafted him ...
you don't know what they missed

i saw 2 games when Peteri played...it was Finland vs Romania and i went to watch the games...he was awsome
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I was also very pissed me when the Sixers traded Kopponen for who, as venja, I was pretty high on.

But looking backwards, Kopponen not only seems to be developing well and could fit nicely to the current roster, but the kid for who he was traded for, Derrick Byars, was cut shortly after -when Kopponen would've stayed in Europe not creating roster logjams-.

King was a good drafter, but this was one of the couple of things I really didn't liked, though it didn't matter much at the time since it's low draft picks we're talking about here. But still...

C'mon blazers, you don't need him with your current roster, give him back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
what about the ukrainian big guy we traded? hes supposed t be good as well. i think hes with the jazz.
Kyrylo Fesenko? He seems to be developing slowly, but steadily. Will see him in a season or two. Not sure if he'll be a solid player one day, but he's still on the roster, something Herbert "DUI while looking for a contract" Hill can't say. (Yes, Fesenko was traded for Hill).

Last edited by artificial : 07-16-2008 at 03:33 PM.
artificial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I was also very pissed me when the Sixers traded Kopponen for who, as venja, I was pretty high on.

But looking backwards, Kopponen not only seems to be developing well and could fit nicely to the current roster, but the kid for who he was traded for, Derrick Byars, was cut shortly after -when Kopponen would've stayed in Europe not creating roster logjams-.

King was a good drafter, but this was one of the couple of things I really didn't liked, though it didn't matter much at the time since it's low draft picks we're talking about here. But still...

C'mon blazers, you don't need him with your current roster, give him back...

Kyrylo Fesenko? He seems to be developing slowly, but steadily. Will see him in a season or two. Not sure if he'll be a solid player one day, but he's still on the roster, something Herbert "DUI while looking for a contract" Hill can't say. (Yes, Fesenko was traded for Hill).

From the sounds of it the Blazers still haven't decided whether Koponen will be on the team. They have 13 players currently on their roster. He might go back to Europe again.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
From the sounds of it the Blazers still haven't decided whether Koponen will be on the team. They have 13 players currently on their roster. He might go back to Europe again.

What I remember reading is that Koponen signed a contract and they were working on his buy-out. This might be something that was simply in the works though and not official.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: