Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Expect ALOT of buckets next year.

there is no reason y the knicks shouldnt be one of the best offenses in the nba. think about it they got guys who can score at will. they should be able to score every way posible. they got the inside game with curry. the slashers with marbury, francis, and nate. they got the mid range shooters in channing fyre, crawford, and jalen rose. they dont have a ray allen type three point shooter but all the gaurds can definitely hit the open three point shot. they should be able to score more then 100 points a game and they should be able to shoot 45 to 50 percent as a team. with francis and marbury they can get by almost anybody. the pick and roll game should be dominate because with francis and marbury they can get by anyone so in the pick and roll game when frye sets the pick if u leave frye open he can nail the shot and if u play frye marbury or francis can go strait to the basket and make a strong finish. and with a more motivated curry he can be very dominate. and with crawford he's can easily give u 14 of the bench. even david lee showed flashes of what he can do. and now isaih is goin to open up the offense and play more of a up tempo game. with all the athletes on the team that can make the whole team more dynamic. the key is getting use to playing with each other.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:08 AM   #2
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Smoking the ganja?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

Expect ALOT of buckets next year… and no defense.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
KF4L
Banned

KF4L has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Smoking the ganja?
riding Kobe's nuts
KF4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmut
Expect ALOT of buckets next year… and no defense.

they dont need to be the best defensive team they just need to be ok.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

In your enthusiasm, you appear to be describing an NBA championship team. Unfortunately the Knicks will not be that good this year.

As you point out, a motivated Curry can dominate. I agree. He has the whole physical package of size, athleticism, quickness, strength and agility!

However, Curry so far has been lazy, out of shape, uninspired and frequently AWOL on defense. If he catches fire and desire, that will make a big difference. I hope so. But, if Isiah can make him break out after six years of under preforming - Thomas would have to be the odds-on favorite for "Coach of the Year - and the Knicks would make some noise!"

Bottom line is that I beleive the Knicks will be at least 10 games better than the were with 33 or so victories. However the number of games they actually win will depend on how much desire, energy, teamwork and defense they show.

Isiah has a lot of work to do. If he really does a great job -- the Knicks will win 41 or more games (500%) and make the playoffs. If Curry also breaks out -- they will surprise other teams and advance into at least the second round. But don't hold your breath since that would require a miraculous turnaround.

Likely Results: 33-35 wins
Excellent Results: 40-45 wins
A Near Miracle: 50 or more wins
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
In your enthusiasm, you appear to be describing an NBA championship team. Unfortunately the Knicks will not be that good this year.

As you point out, a motivated Curry can dominate. I agree. He has the whole physical package of size, athleticism, quickness, strength and agility!

However, Curry so far has been lazy, out of shape, uninspired and frequently AWOL on defense. If he catches fire and desire, that will make a big difference. I hope so. But, if Isiah can make him break out after six years of under preforming - Thomas would have to be the odds-on favorite for "Coach of the Year - and the Knicks would make some noise!"

Bottom line is that I beleive the Knicks will be at least 10 games better than the were with 33 or so victories. However the number of games they actually win will depend on how much desire, energy, teamwork and defense they show.

Isiah has a lot of work to do. If he really does a great job -- the Knicks will win 41 or more games (500%) and make the playoffs. If Curry also breaks out -- they will surprise other teams and advance into at least the second round. But don't hold your breath since that would require a miraculous turnaround.

Likely Results: 33-35 wins
Excellent Results: 40-45 wins
A Near Miracle: 50 or more wins

im not saying they are goin to win a champion im saying if they play up to there ability they can score ALOT of points because they got proven players its all on them coming together as a team. if they do that they are winning 45-50 games and im not even saying that because the knicks are my favorite team.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
im not saying they are goin to win a champion im saying if they play up to there ability they can score ALOT of points because they got proven players its all on them coming together as a team. if they do that they are winning 45-50 games and im not even saying that because the knicks are my favorite team.

So who is your favorite team?

Or is it because Charles Dollan is paying you? Is there a new program to over pay the fans as well as their players? Where do I line up? Rumor has it that the Knicks are Dollin out lots of money!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:40 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with brooklyn child. The knicks should be able to score more freely. zeke was very good in indy doing that and we have way more weapons than they did. So scoring points wont be a problem. Turnovers will be if there isn't any chemistry on the floor. that was our problem last year. turnovers. we gave up at least 15 points a night on turnovers and one thing I remeber when i played h.s. and college ball is that a turnover kills you in two ways. For one once you commit the turnover that obviousLY mean that possesion you didn't score. Then you give the opponent the chance to score off what was your possesion. By I do think with a more definite rotation the turnovers will be lower than last year. I think we led the league in turnovers. but that's because our rotations were so terrible that players never got a chance to kow where each other like to be on the floor. By i think zkek will get things done.And I still predict 45-53 wins. LET'S GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:53 AM   #10
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

No, you dont have more weapons then what Indiana did.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
No, you dont have more weapons then what Indiana did.

why's that?

Harrington and O'neil were the go to guys on that team along with reggie miller of course.

These Players Would Start on A LOT of NBA Teams

-Eddy Curry
-Channing Frye
-Q-Rich
-Steve Francis
-Stephon Marbury
-Jared Jeffries
-Jamal Crawford

those are weapons right there

-Nate Robinson
-David Lee

will soon be starters in the future
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #12
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

There was also Brad Miller and Ron Artest in addition to Oneal, Miller and Harrington from memory.

Of your list, I would only call Marbury and Francis weapons and they play the same spot so they dont count for much.

I know you love your knicks, but Jefferies averages about 5 ppg, hes not a weapon . Qrich a weapon
Curry scores 10 of his 13 ppg in the first Q. Frye is unproven.

Dont be silly, despite their patheticness as a team, the knicks do have a bit of scoring talent but dont compare them to such good sides of the past.

You can expect alot of buckets next year, just expect more from your opponents
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
There was also Brad Miller and Ron Artest in addition to Oneal, Miller and Harrington from memory.

Of your list, I would only call Marbury and Francis weapons and they play the same spot so they dont count for much.

I know you love your knicks, but Jefferies averages about 5 ppg, hes not a weapon . Qrich a weapon
Curry scores 10 of his 13 ppg in the first Q. Frye is unproven.

Dont be silly, despite their patheticness as a team, the knicks do have a bit of scoring talent but dont compare them to such good sides of the past.

You can expect alot of buckets next year, just expect more from your opponents

you dont have to be a weapon from the scoring side, you can be lethal with jeffries D, curry was avergin 17ppg and we expect it next year, q rich averaged 20 on the suns and is a lightsout shooter..dont even say anthing about crawford
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amen brother. Division title. 49-53 wins, playoffs baby!!!!!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Amen brother. Division title. 49-53 wins, playoffs baby!!!!!

That would be a miraculous turn around. I hope you are right; but 33-40 wins seems more realistic to me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: