Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #16
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
you dont have to be a weapon from the scoring side, you can be lethal with jeffries D, curry was avergin 17ppg and we expect it next year, q rich averaged 20 on the suns and is a lightsout shooter..dont even say anthing about crawford

Dude come on, Jefferies is not a weapon in any way shape or form hes just a role player. And Curry has never averaged 17 pts a game, I have seen this guy play for years and I can tell you he is Not a weapon. Qrich averaged 14.9 ppg with the suns... not 20 ok. And that 14.9 was with Nash who makes everyone better, with the Knicks he has been rubbish and will continue to be rubbish.

I will say something about crawford, you just think everyone on the knicks roster is twice as good as they are. Crawford is streaky, you get 25 one night and 7 the next. The only consistency in his game is his consistently bad defense.

Really, you over rate your team by a long way. My prediction is you win 30 games, maybe 35 if your lucky but i doubt it. I actually wouldnt be suprised if its less then 30 because your roster looks awful. Sorry to be harsh but thats an honest opinion.
And for goodness sakes if jared jefferies is a weapon, then 80% of NBA players are weapons.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:43 AM   #17
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

thats were u wrong about crawford. hes a different player now then when he was on the bulls. last year he was very consistant, thats y last year was his best year.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #18
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
thats were u wrong about crawford. hes a different player now then when he was on the bulls. last year he was very consistant, thats y last year was his best year.

I agree! Last year he took good shots, distributed the ball well and played excellent D. Crawford was given the ball with the game on the line and often won it with his crossover dribble and last shot.

If he starts this year, he should average 18-20 points per game and 6-8 Assists per game. Off the bench, his numbers will be significant but slightly lower.

IMHO Crawford was the best and most consistent player on the Knicks last season.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #19
Internet

6 - 8 assists? stop dreaming.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:03 AM   #20
wally_world
M0derator

expect alot of buckets next year... from the opposing team... they better learn how to play defence...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I agree crawford was our best player last season and there is no reason why we can't build on that. I don't know about the 6-8 assist though. I want to see marbury get around 8+ assist which he is capable of doing. He can still get about 18 points but get those assists too.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #22
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
expect alot of buckets next year... from the opposing team... they better learn how to play defence...

if they cut down the turnovers they would be better because remember they had ALOT of turnovers last year. and almost every time they got turnover the other team would get an easy score on the other end. all they had to do is be at the middle of the pack.thats y they drafted balkman, mardy collins and signed jeffries because they can play d.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:58 AM   #23
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
you dont have to be a weapon from the scoring side, you can be lethal with jeffries D,

1. curry was avergin 17ppg and we expect it next year,
2. q rich averaged 20 on the suns and is a lightsout shooter..
3. dont even say anthing about crawford

Perhaps Marbury (20.2 PPG Career) and Francis (19.0PPG Career) can carry the scoring load and Crawford may be able to chip in 16+ PPG; but you will not get those kinds of numbers from Curry and Q Rich.

1. Curry NEVER averaged 17PPG! He is only a 12.2 PPG career scorer for 5 years, scored only 13.6 PPG for the Knicks and in his best year scored 16.1 ppg for the Bulls.

2. Q Rich NEVER averaged 20 PPG in the NBA! He has a bad back, is only a 12.0 PPG career scorer for six years, averaged 8.2 PPG for the Knicks and only scored 14.9 for the Suns playing 36 minutes per game.

3. Crawford is a 13.0 PPG career scorer for 6 years, scored 14.3 PPG for the Knicks last season and in his best year scored 17.7 ppg for the Bulls. If he has a good year, he may score 16-20 PPG.

20 (Marbury) + 19 (Francis) + 14 (Curry) + 16 (Channing Frye - he averaged 12.3 last year) + 8 (Q-Rich off the bench - if he plays at all) + 17 (Crawford off the bench) = 94 Points per game.

IMHO you can expect 94 points per game from these 6 players -- and that's being generous. If Jefferies averages 6, the Knicks would reach 100. That's much better than last year; but not exactly "a lot of buckets!"

For the Knicks to win on a consistent basis, they would have to limit the turnovers and hold other teams under 100 points.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #24
Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan

20 (Marbury) + 19 (Francis) + 14 (Curry) + 16 (Channing Frye - he averaged 12.3 last year) + 8 (Q-Rich off the bench - if he plays at all) + 17 (Crawford off the bench) = 94 Points per game.

IMHO you can expect 94 points per game from these 6 players -- and that's being generous. If Jefferies averages 6, the Knicks would reach 100. That's much better than last year; but not exactly "a lot of buckets!"

For the Knicks to win on a consistent basis, they would have to limit the turnovers and hold other teams under 100 points.

Thats just not how it works.... By your logic you could then add Jalen Rose's career average of 12 ppg and then the Knicks will be scoring 106 pts a game. Its not gonna happen. You were being extra generous.

Marbury and Francis play the same position, how are they both to average 20 and 19 pts? Has there ever been a backup PG averaging 20 pts a game??. It showed last season that they dont play well together. One of them, probably Francis is going to get limited minutes and have a cry and end up getting traded.

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-05-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #25
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
Thats just not how it works.... By your logic you could then add Jalen Rose's career average of 12 ppg and then the Knicks will be scoring 106 pts a game. Its not gonna happen. You were being extra generous.

Marbury and Francis play the same position, how are they both to average 20 and 19 pts? Has there ever been a backup PG averaging 20 pts a game??. It showed last season that they dont play well together. One of them, probably Francis is going to get limited minutes and have a cry and end up getting traded.

The knicks suck, stop pretending they dont.

My point was that the Knicks would NOT score a lot of baskets next year.

There are two guard positions and they even can be played by two scorers (shooting Guards) or two passers (point Guards). They said there would not be enough shots to go around in the back court for the 1973 Knicks who won their second championship that year behind Walt "Clyde" Fraiser and Earl "the Pearl" Monroe. These guys who were bitter rivals and always played against each other when the Pearl was in Baltimore, were able to play together and win a championship together in 1973 for the Knicks. Walt and Earl played the same position too. They took turns handling the ball and scoring, Some of the best Gard tandems did that throughout history including Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars for the Pistons and Jerry West and Gail Goodrich for the Lakers. I expect Marbury and Francis to be able to play together too. Most Knicks were confused by Larry Brown last season. But that won't happen this year under Zeke. Look for Marbury and Francis to be spectacular together. And trading Francis by the deadline, may also bring a major acquisition for the Knicks in return. I'd love to see K.G. as a Knick!

You have a right to your opinion -- even though I feel you are often wrong. But, don't tell us that "the Knicks suck" unless you are trying to stir up trouble.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

he's most likely trying to stur up trouble, this is when you ignore stupid idiots like him who know nothing what so ever about the knicks
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 AM   #27
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
he's most likely trying to stur up trouble, this is when you ignore stupid idiots like him who know nothing what so ever about the knicks

This guy has made these "Knicks Suck!" posts before.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #28
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I think the Knicks will only score around 98 points per game. Do you think they will score much more?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #29
Internet

All I will say is that the game is different now to what it as in 1973 my friend.
Ill rephrase what I said, the knicks dont suck, they just arnt very good at what they do, is that better?

How can you say I know nothing, when what I said was true, the knicks arnt very good. Im not stiring trouble, thats just the way it is at the moment.This doesnt change until they prove otherwise. Im not stiring trouble, just giving an honest opinion.
And that was that your estimation of 98 ppg or whatever it was, was very very generous.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #30
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
All I will say is that the game is different now to what it as in 1973 my friend.
Ill rephrase what I said, the knicks dont suck, they just arnt very good at what they do, is that better?

How can you say I know nothing, when what I said was true, the knicks arnt very good. Im not stiring trouble, thats just the way it is at the moment.This doesnt change until they prove otherwise. Im not stiring trouble, just giving an honest opinion.
And that was that your estimation of 98 ppg or whatever it was, was very very generous.

Yes. Last year's Knicks were not very good. However, I think they will be lots better this year. In a running offense, they should score around 100 points per game. And we'll see if I am right or if the Knicks will continue to "suck."

But IMHO if you are not trying to stir up trouble you should not come into a forum and tell fans that there team "sucks" even if your remark has some validity.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-06-2006 at 03:52 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: