Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Default Ann Coulter Controversy

Friday, June 9, 2006 4:01 p.m. EDT
9/11 Commissioner Criticizes Coulter

A member of the Sept. 11 commission on Friday lashed out at conservative pundit Ann Coulter for a "hate-filled attack" in saying the widows whose husbands died in the World Trade Center used the deaths for their own political gain.

In her latest book, Coulter criticizes the four New Jersey widows who pushed for an independent commission to investigate the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. The women also backed Democrat John Kerry's presidential candidacy in 2004.

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," Coulter wrote.

Former Rep. Tim Roemer, D-Ind., a member of the commission that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks, called Coulter's "hate-filled attack on the patriotic heroes of 9/12 - the widows of 9/11 - reprehensible and undignified."

Roemer urged people not to buy her book. "Americans shouldn't contribute to her profiting from these vicious remarks." [Editor's Note: Get Ann Coulter's new book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism" for an unbeatable price. Click Here.

Rep. Rahm Emmanuel, D-Ill., said Thursday on the House floor that Coulter is a "hatemonger" and called on Republicans to denounce her: "I must ask my colleagues on the other side of the aisle: Does Ann Coulter speak for you when she suggests poisoning not Supreme Court Justices or slanders the 9/11 ... widows? If not, speak now. Your silence allows her to be your spokesman."

Among Coulter's previous statements, she advocated the invasion of non-Christian nations after Sept. 11 and the deportation from the U.S. of "all aliens from Arabic countries." She said American Taliban John Walker should be executed to show liberals what happens to traitors. And she said the only real question about President Clinton was "whether to impeach or assassinate."

Among the most quotable Coulter:

"To expiate the pain of losing her first-born son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. ... After your third profile on 'Entertainment Tonight,' you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show," Coulter wrote in her TownHall.com column on Aug. 18, 2005.

"Even if corners were cut, (Iran-Contra) was a brilliant scheme. There is no possibility that anyone in any Democratic administration would have gone to such lengths to fund anti-communist forces. When Democrats scheme from the White House, it's to cover up the president's affair with an intern. When Republicans scheme, it's to support embattled anti-communist freedom fighters sold out by the Democrats," she wrote in 2003's "Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building," The New York Observer quoted her as saying on Aug. 20, 2002. She clarified those remarks with RightWingNews.com: "Of course I regret it. I should have added, 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and reporters."'

"After all other suitable office space in Manhattan had dried up - and also after spending the weekend golfing at an all-white club in Florida - Clinton announced he would take an office in Harlem. ... As one of my friends remarked, that should be nice: Having escaped a mugging on the way to work, Clinton's female employees will then have to face an accused rapist in the office," Coulter wrote on Feb. 19, 2001.

"(Liberals) are always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them. ... Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment," Coulter said during an Oct. 21, 2005, speech at the University of Florida.

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war," Coulter wrote in a column published by the National Review Online on Sept. 13, 2001.

"The portrayal of Senator Joe McCarthy as a wild-eyed demagogue destroying innocent lives is sheer liberal hobgoblinism. Liberals weren't cowering in fear during the McCarthy era. They were systematically undermining the nation's ability to defend itself while waging a bellicose campaign of lies to blacken McCarthy's name. Everything you think you know about McCarthy is a hegemonic lie. Liberals denounced McCarthy because they were afraid of getting caught, so they fought back like animals to hide their own collaboration with a regime as evil as the Nazis," she wrote in "Treason."

"Mostly the Witches of East Brunswick wanted George Bush to apologize for not being Bill Clinton," she wrote in "Godless." She was referring to the New Jersey town where two of the Sept. 11 widows live.

"We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said in a Jan. 27 appearance at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Ark., regarding Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. She later explained she was joking about the justice, whose votes have upheld Roe v. Wade, the landmark decision legalizing abortion.

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard," she said in The Washington Post on October 16, 1998.

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/print...39.shtml?s=icp

----------------------------------------------------------

She's a nutjob.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Wow
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
MadeFromDust
take yo azz to da hole

Roemer urged people not to buy her book. "Americans shouldn't contribute to her profiting from these vicious remarks." [Editor's Note: Get Ann Coulter's new book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism" for an unbeatable price. Click Here. ]

BWAAAHAAHAHAAAAAA!!! Gotta love how the editor did this.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
She's a nutjob.

True. She is one of the few people I can't stand. A lot of what she says is sarcastic, but she still isn't worth listening to. She goes for contraversy and hopes to get her ultra conservative view points across. One quote:

"And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."

I think the playboy reference has to do with Paula Jones. But still, I can't believe anybody agrees with her.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Default Re: Ann Coulter Controversy

She is what one would call "Far-right"

I say she's evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJ18FK5ci4
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I argee... this is a bitter intelligent woman who is doing everything she can to maximize her exposure in the media. She is an angry woman who has no credibility in my book. I don't even pay attention to her crap anymore.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I argee... this is a bitter intelligent woman who is doing everything she can to maximize her exposure in the media. She is an angry woman who has no credibility in my book. I don't even pay attention to her crap anymore.

Didn't she date Bill Maher?????

It all makes sense now if she did.

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas : 09-18-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
SoCalMike

^IDK

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
"To expiate the pain of losing her first-born son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. ... After your third profile on 'Entertainment Tonight,' you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show," Coulter wrote in her TownHall.com column on Aug. 18, 2005.
assuming this is true, what does this make Ann Coulter?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

This thread is over a year old. Wtf?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #11
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
assuming this is true, what does this make Ann Coulter?

It makes her Mrs. Joseph Raymond McCarthy.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

she came to my school to speak. She is disturbingly thin. if you look at her from the side, it's like looking at a cardboard cutout.

Plus, she's got man hands
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Ann Coulter is not a political activist; she's a financial gain activist. Oh, that and an attention whore.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #14
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

She must have cocaine in her cooch.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: