Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation
Default Re: Generation Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
boogaloo you're very pro-israel so i don't think there would be any way you would ever be against the war.

why should we listen to someone with a predetermined oppinion?

why wold my view on Israeli/Pal have to do with Generation Kill? Is the book about Zionist soldiers dress up as Marines?

Or is it you cant take the fact that there is improvement going on, and all is not doom and gloom when it comes to Iraq.

Last edited by Boogaloo : 07-13-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #17
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
boogaloo you're very pro-israel so i don't think there would be any way you would ever be against the war.

why should we listen to someone with a predetermined oppinion?

As far as the war is concerned everyone pretty much has a predetermined opinion of it.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 AM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First episode was meh as far as I'm concerned.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #19
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched the first 2 episodes on Cinemax Last Night, and I think it was good.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

awesome mini seires. starts slow, but picks up quickly around episode three.

towards the end it is wicked. i was sad it ended.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
awesome mini seires. starts slow, but picks up quickly around episode three.

towards the end it is wicked. i was sad it ended.
Yes... It went relatively unnoticed during its original run on HBO and I was somewhat surprised at that. I actually liked that it started slow... That is how you build depth in characters, so that you actually care when they finally do get into dangerous encounters.

I thought it was excellent. Definitely the best film/mini-series on the Iraq war that I have seen to date. Although, there hasn't been a ton of time to construct real masterpieces. Ten years from now, we will be seeing the Apocalypse Now, Deer Hunter, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket types of classics.

But, considering the relatively limited inside knowledge we have about this war, it was incredibly realistic.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 AM   #22
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good bump, Lebron. This series turned out magnificently. The book was so engrossing that I wasn't sure they could pay proper homage to it, but it was truly well done. Was sad for it to end.

Quote:
Ten years from now, we will be seeing the Apocalypse Now, Deer Hunter, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket types of classics.
Dig a film called "The Hurt Locker." I was kinda drunk when I saw it, but it was pretty damn good. Of course not on the level of what you mentioned, but I thought it was very well done. I guess it isn't out yet, but I found it online.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 06-11-2009 at 03:48 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Dig a film called "The Hurt Locker." I was kinda drunk when I saw it, but it was pretty damn good. Of course not on the level of what you mentioned, but I thought it was very well done. I guess it isn't out yet, but I found it online.
Found it and am currently downloading. I'll give it a look... The description sounds interesting. Ralph Fiennes is in it, as well, which is usually a good thing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #24
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yes... It went relatively unnoticed during its original run on HBO and I was somewhat surprised at that. I actually liked that it started slow... That is how you build depth in characters, so that you actually care when they finally do get into dangerous encounters.

I thought it was excellent. Definitely the best film/mini-series on the Iraq war that I have seen to date. Although, there hasn't been a ton of time to construct real masterpieces. Ten years from now, we will be seeing the Apocalypse Now, Deer Hunter, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket types of classics.

But, considering the relatively limited inside knowledge we have about this war, it was incredibly realistic.

you are right. this was a very character driven mini-series and that is what made it so fabulous.

had it been a 2 hour movie we would have had a very different view on many of the characters due to their obvious flaws, but because it was over 7 hours in total we got to see beyond the first impressions and get a real feel for everyone involved.

I think this will be an all time classic right up there with the afformentioned Vietnam movies, and age fabulously. If you think about it, 'Three Kings' initially was under the radar and gained popularity a few years after it was released. That wasn't a great movie, but Generation Kill if awesome and will grow into a clut classic over time.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #25
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought it was a pretty good show, with some pretty realistic characters.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: