Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
ballinforkeeps
Banned

Default am i the only one who thinks the team doesnt need any major changes?

other than a 3rd scorer, not many thigns holdin us back now other than health. havin barry as a backup 2 solves that problem. deke is a reliable backup, still reboundsa nd blocks shots.

our only real weakness is at pg, but havin rafer and jackson split the minutes works for us. rafer did improve last season under rick, might improve again. not sayin hes gonna be a top jump shooter but he can be better next season, good enough to make up for our pg hole.

we have a lotta pgs but the team'll take care of that

all we need to do is stay healthy. we can rebound, play defense, offense can potentially be unstopable. lakers and celtics didnt have an elite pg but made it to the finals. dont need to follow that forumla to win a ring, just need to have a very good team, and we finally got that.

this is all assumin we sign deke and landry, rafer does improve or at least do the same as last season, and we stay healthy. unless im missin somethin...

i forgot about the 3rd scorer we desperately need. we have reliable 4/5/6 options but we cant use scola, rafer, or shane as a 3rd option if tmac and yao play half a season. im optimistic but givin us one more season for them to stay healthy. we do need a backup plan when they go down tho.

Last edited by ballinforkeeps : 07-15-2008 at 11:23 PM.
ballinforkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Default Re: am i the only one who thinks the team doesnt need any major changes?

yo your team need all kinds of changes. You need anothe young wng player and you need to have a doc on hand at all times so tmac and yao dont get hurt using the restroom. You guys chance of winning left two seasons ago. Start rebuilding already.
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Default Re: am i the only one who thinks the team doesnt need any major changes?

I think the Rockets are smart to give it another year and hope everyone stays healthy. That basically is what it takes anymore to make it big.

Barry is a great addition, I would play him at backup 2 and 3. TMac and Yao can now get the ball to 2 great three point shooters when they are double teamed.

Jackson gives you offense off the bench, too.

Give it another year to gel with Adelman.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

The coach aint the problem man its yo squads health you guys have the talent b ut cant stay healthy
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinforkeeps
i forgot about the 3rd scorer we desperately need. we have reliable 4/5/6 options but we cant use scola, rafer, or shane as a 3rd option if tmac and yao play half a season. im optimistic but givin us one more season for them to stay healthy. we do need a backup plan when they go down tho.

I think this is definitely the biggest need, especially with the injury issues. Battier has been playing great, especially when Yao went down, but it'd be interesting to see where u guys would be if you kept Rudy Gay.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
ballinforkeeps
Banned

ill always think we got ripped off the rudy gay trade. solves our 3rd scorer problem and both tmac play more than good enough defense to handle themselves. shane is just a daam good role player, and a top defender, very good on kobe :) , wonder wat he does to tmac in practice.

but ya, 3rd scorer is our biggest problem. and now seein the clippers gettin camby, we should look to make a trade if we arent.

anyone got any ideas?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
ill always think we got ripped off the rudy gay trade. solves our 3rd scorer problem and both tmac play more than good enough defense to handle themselves. shane is just a daam good role player, and a top defender, very good on kobe :) , wonder wat he does to tmac in practice.

but ya, 3rd scorer is our biggest problem. and now seein the clippers gettin camby, we should look to make a trade if we arent.

anyone got any ideas?

Jackson and Barry are both decent punches off the bench, but you could use more. Adelman has a dynamic enough offense that everyone else could get involved and turn the 3rd option into a tag team bout. Maybe you don't even have to assign the role.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
Jordandunk23
Rockets

ron artest would be a great trade. he wants out of sac but mite b more interested in l.a. but he is tough, brings defense, and can score on the wing and tough enough on the post.

theres also maggette off the bench...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #9
ballinforkeeps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
Jackson and Barry are both decent punches off the bench, but you could use more. Adelman has a dynamic enough offense that everyone else could get involved and turn the 3rd option into a tag team bout. Maybe you don't even have to assign the role.

i do think that scola, rafer, jackson, landry, and barry can put up more tnan enough pts. its hard to see us w/ another solid scorin threat w/ our limited cap space. the only thing is that when yao or tmac go down our offense is weak.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #10
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
i do think that scola, rafer, jackson, landry, and barry can put up more tnan enough pts. its hard to see us w/ another solid scorin threat w/ our limited cap space. the only thing is that when yao or tmac go down our offense is weak.

exactly. the chances that tmac and yao go down is VERY HIGH. we can make it through the regular season with one of them but not in the post season. especially when their both out, nobody in the rockets lineup has the will to take over the scoring responsibility. we need a third guy.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #11
majorgoose
I airball my layups

houston could've won a championship already, i think?

do you guy remember when houston didn't resign james posey?
the battier trade works but i think houston won't need battier if posey was still around
houston could had a good core of guys

rafer
tmac
gay
scola
yao

bench
posey
landry
and bunch of other guys..

oh well......
majorgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:04 AM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Uhhmm... i understand that Yao is good,

But I still feel that the rockets would be better if they had Traded Yao to the suns for Amare+Raja(Pre Shaq)

Rafer
Mac Then Battier comes in and becomes the 6th man...
Raja
Scola
STat
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Uhhmm... i understand that Yao is good,

But I still feel that the rockets would be better if they had Traded Yao to the suns for Amare+Raja(Pre Shaq)

Rafer
Mac Then Battier comes in and becomes the 6th man...
Raja
Scola
STat

Amare is more explosive on the offensive end but he wasnt as explosive as he was when he first came in. PLUS Yao is alot more dominant on the post and commands alot more attention. PLUS Yao brings defensive presence and amare is a decent defender at best. Raja would be useless without a post presence that can get him open or a nash can get him open.

In the Suns point of view they would have shaq and yao. add that to the fact that shaq and nash is getting up there in age. this trade would probably not give them a championship team and they dont have any young pieces. so in a few years theyd be left with a retired nash, oneal, older yao and a rebuilding team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: