Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default eurobasket2009 qualifiers

Bulgaria and finland shock wins against Italy and serbia respectively. Bulgaria go 3-0 to the top of the group in the toughest group.Italy are practically out as they are bottom with 1-3. Tomorrow the other 3 groups get going.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Re: eurobasket2009 qualifiers

I'm truly surprised about the bad performance by Italy. I know they don't have their best players, but that should be enough to beat almost everyone there except for Serbia. Bulgaria, I'm wondering how they did. It looks like Pini Gershon makes thing happen, because I can hardly remember two bulgarian players that could make any impact in a basketball game, not to say make them win 3 in a row.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow those are pretty shocking.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

Israel 59 55 up with 4mins left to the end of the 3rd qtr. Sherf not using casspi too much and Limonad not even used yet.Is he injured?Great Britain depending too much on Deng.If Israel play tough defence I can't see Great Britain get anything.Doing well so far.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

GB got beat by Israel 102-92 in overtime. GB went to the foul line with 2.5 secs left & 1 point up. Reinking hit the 1st, then missed the second. Israel grabbed the rebound, & Reinking fouled with 0.5 seconds left! Israel made both free throws to take it to overtime. In overtime both Pops & Deng fouled, the latter was a poor, poor call. GB were robbed in my opinion, some very poor reffing, along with some "hail mary's" from Israel. GB are the real deal in Division A, & with players to come back (basically playing with 8 1/2 tonight ) things look very promising. Deng hit a game high 30 points, he did have 6 turnovers though. Not bad since he has only had 2-3 training sessions.

Another interesting thing was the crowd in Israel, only about 5000! At the O2 on Saturday versus the Czech Republic, we are expecting around 10,000!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

One player doesn't make a team and the game shouldn't of been close. I don't know why Limonad and Casspi didn't play more and Noar played so much, it wouldn't surprise me that Zvi Sherf blacked out during the game.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
One player doesn't make a team and the game shouldn't of been close. I don't know why Limonad and Casspi didn't play more and Noar played so much, it wouldn't surprise me that Zvi Sherf blacked out during the game.

I never said one player makes a team. Just admit you were pleasantly suprised how well GB played. More positives came out of the game tonight from GB than Israel, barring obviousley the result which i know is the big one.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

In the end its experience and israel has more of it at this level.To say that GB is a big deal in Division A after losing by 10 points in a qualifier is a bit rich and the usual arrogance that we so much get from our friends on the other side of the pond!Lets go bit by bit,step by step,yes GB has done real well in a tough environment,get used to those calls in Tel Aviv,Athens etc its normal,and this is no crticism to the refereeing.As for the 10,000 in the O2,please let me know the figures because for me that would be the biggest shock!GB depend to much on Deng,that is worrying.
Bjerk I agree with you Sherf is a drunk,he doesn't know how to make the most of casspi or Limonad,even Eliyahu in the past he has left to rot in the bench.Is it the top two that go through?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
inaminute23
I airball my layups

We played with 8 ˝ players last night, George wasn’t fully fit, Deng had only 3 training sessions, if that! Why is this arrogance? Why should we accept dodgy calls too? Is this not being biased, or even cheating? Israel were lucky if was nothing to do with more experience. We had 3 of our starting 5 foul out, due to dubious decisions.

Im very proud in how we played, and it can only get better!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #10
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Israeli sports teams have a history of choking, they would of bumped off croatia at least made the qualifying tournament and possibly the olympics if they beat portugal. The game was close because of bad coaching, if israel had a more qualified coach like David Blatt than it wouldn't of been close. Maccabi having most of the influence and power doesn't help either.

Last edited by b.jerk : 09-04-2008 at 07:22 AM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #11
la bomba
Local High School Star

How many teams qualify out of the group and then how many qualify for the eurobasket 2009?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Serbia - Bulgaria 74-64 (Novica Velickovic 20 points, 5 3-pointers)
15.000 in the Belgrade Arena watching... (against Hungary amazing 22.000 people).
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
15.000 in the Belgrade Arena watching... (against Hungary amazing 22.000 people).
I want Serbia back to the top tier teams asap. All that talent wasted in second level tournaments is a shame.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Euroleague final four in 2006 Prague.
Euroleague final four in 2009 Berlin.
They speak of London for 2010 or 2011!!!!
Why? none of these cities ,especially London are basketball cities.I was in Prague in 2006 and most of the locals didn't even have a clue that it was happening. When are we going to see the final four in basketball crazy countries like Serbia. Belgrade would be great.they have the venue for it.I don't know if Lithuania do,I suppose they will as they are hosting the eurobasket in 2011.I go to all the final fours and its really disappointing when they announce venues like Berlin and London.Prague was ok cause I love the city and the beer is cheap. Totally different atmosphere in Madrid and Athens.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #15
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Euroleague final four in 2006 Prague.
Euroleague final four in 2009 Berlin.
They speak of London for 2010 or 2011!!!!
Why? none of these cities ,especially London are basketball cities.I was in Prague in 2006 and most of the locals didn't even have a clue that it was happening. When are we going to see the final four in basketball crazy countries like Serbia. Belgrade would be great.they have the venue for it.I don't know if Lithuania do,I suppose they will as they are hosting the eurobasket in 2011.I go to all the final fours and its really disappointing when they announce venues like Berlin and London.Prague was ok cause I love the city and the beer is cheap. Totally different atmosphere in Madrid and Athens.

I totally agree on that...

BTW Serbia - Italy 72-52
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: