Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Olympic Qualifying Tournament

It will starts tomorrow, folks. 12 teams, only top 3 teams will go on to the final stage at the Olympics.

Group A
Brazil, Greece, Lebanon

Group B
Cape Verde, Germany, New Zealand

Group C
Canada, Korea, Slovenia

Group D
Cameroon, Croatia, Puerto Rico

Top two teams of each group will go to the quarterfinals.

My picks are Greece, Germany and Canada. And yes, I'm a homer.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Olympic Qualifying Tournament

Brazil, Greece and either croatia or puerto rico

The germans qualified by default and they really don't belong.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far

Hope: Brazil, Canada and Germany
What will probably happen: Greece, Slovenia and Croatia
Does anyone know if these will be shown in the USA, preferably around New York or Philadelphia? How about on the internet? Will myp2p.eu show them? Or Sopcast?
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #4
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

ClintDogg has an OK reputation so far

I want to see New Zealand qualify, so i can compare Penney and them against great oppositions.

If they do, watch out 4 a guy named Pero Cameron. Hes HUGE, and can get up and down the floor pretty good, he takes people off the dribble and shoots fade away 3s. Ive called a few of his games in the NBL here in Australia, and he got a bit mad and went looking for me when i announced him as "the Big Fella". He was staring down the scorers bench to see where the announcer (me) was, he didnt find me cause the game re-started.

ffffffffffeeew!.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=75439

Last edited by ClintDogg : 07-14-2008 at 01:53 AM.
ClintDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
Does anyone know if these will be shown in the USA, preferably around New York or Philadelphia? How about on the internet? Will myp2p.eu show them? Or Sopcast?

Don't tell me the guy that hates US basketball lives in the US

This is a great post, I didn't realize this was happening already.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Well there is no way Canada doesn't make it to the quarterfinals. Korea should be a pushover, I'm thinking of a twenty point victory. You can't hope to stop The Mighty Rasho from Slovenia however; this being said, if Dalembert and Kendall can somewhat contain him to something along the lines of 16/8 we should still be able to walk away with that game as well. The greatest dangers should be of course Greece and Brazil. However I wouldn't count out Germany and Puerto Rico either.

Top 3 is not an unreasonable finish for the Canadians. Perhaps if they qualify it would convince Nash to give the team one final shot at a medal although I doubt it.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:20 AM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even if they had Nash I don't think they would medal, but they would certainly qualify. I would love to see him play, why doesn't he?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Well there is no way Canada doesn't make it to the quarterfinals. Korea should be a pushover, I'm thinking of a twenty point victory. You can't hope to stop The Mighty Rasho from Slovenia however; this being said, if Dalembert and Kendall can somewhat contain him to something along the lines of 16/8 we should still be able to walk away with that game as well. The greatest dangers should be of course Greece and Brazil. However I wouldn't count out Germany and Puerto Rico either.

Top 3 is not an unreasonable finish for the Canadians. Perhaps if they qualify it would convince Nash to give the team one final shot at a medal although I doubt it.
Lakovic, Rasho, Lorbek and Becirovic are too much for the Canadians. They do not even need Smodiz to beat them. Top 3 is far away from their possibilities.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Lakovic, Rasho, Lorbek and Becirovic are too much for the Canadians. They do not even need Smodiz to beat them. Top 3 is far away from their possibilities.

I remember Slovenia finishing respectably during the 06 FIBA games if I recall correctly. However I would be lying if I said I paid attention to their players apart from Rasho. Canada finished either fourth or fifth last year in the American qualifiers held in Las Vegas behind Brazil. Don't expect the Canadians to be a pushover either when their front court is clicking.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Even if they had Nash I don't think they would medal, but they would certainly qualify. I would love to see him play, why doesn't he?

Most likely because he doesn't believe that they CAN medal anymore with the increasingly strong field of teams appearing on the international circuit. I believe this is the reason why he was so choked in the Sydney games where they had a realistic shot at medalling but fell to France, eventually finishing 7th. There is no doubt that if Nash were on the team they would definatlely make it to the Olympics and possibly finish top 5; but to go so close only to not medal again would mostly likely break his heart.

He also has his concerns about the Phoenix Suns. His window of opportunity to win the ship with his current squad is gradually closing and he is the first to know it. Does he REALLY want to put in the extra work load during the offseason and risk an injury in the international games, FURTHER setting back his chances of winning an NBA championship ring?

He also has twin daughters to take care of now whereas before it was only him and his then-girlfriend now-wife. He has more responsibilities and when the regular season is as hectic as it is, one would embrace the time they have off during the summer to be with their family and watch them develop.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01

yeah myp2p.eu is showing them. greece v lebanon tips off in 15 minutes!

i was watching other international matches on that website last week too, but i'm not even sure what tournament it was (pure ignorance i know! shameful) yeah australia v egypt was definitely the worst game i've seen in a while... ho hum
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
joorcek
Can barely lace up my sneakers

joorcek has an OK reputation so far

Slovenia, Greece, Germany or Croatia

I don't think any other team has a great chance if you look the way the tournament will be played, how the teams pair up in the quaterfinals.
joorcek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

Anyone knows what channel is transmitting the games and at what hour are the games?
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #14
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Day 1:

NZL vs CPV 77-50
KOR vs SLO 76-88
CRO vs CMR 93-79
GRE vs LIB 119-62
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Don't tell me the guy that hates US basketball lives in the US

This is a great post, I didn't realize this was happening already.

Yes, I live in the states, and the reason I ask is because I miss good basketball. I was excited about moving here before, since I thought Europe was far behind, but now, I can't wait to go back and watch Euro basketball but for now I'll enjoy the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
yeah myp2p.eu is showing them. greece v lebanon tips off in 15 minutes!

i was watching other international matches on that website last week too, but i'm not even sure what tournament it was (pure ignorance i know! shameful) yeah australia v egypt was definitely the worst game i've seen in a while... ho hum

Thank you, and I thought Australia was decent. I didn't see the game, but if it was a bad game against Egypt, I assume they aren't in a really bright time.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: