Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #31
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Olympic Qualifying Tournament

puerto rico have their strongest team.Arroyo and ayuso always play well for puerto rico.I think Slovenia with their full team would have gone through.Their biggest absentee Matiaz Smodis just does too much for this team,also Nachbar and Vujacic are missing.Lakovic has been in real poor form the last 6 months.As for Fernandez and Gasol I think they are good enough to play in most teams,so I agree.I wish only these type of players would go to the NBA and not the young prospects.My problem is I think Fernandez is in the wrong team.Portland will be his demise!I hope I am wrong.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #32
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
puerto rico have their strongest team.Arroyo and ayuso always play well for puerto rico.I think Slovenia with their full team would have gone through.Their biggest absentee Matiaz Smodis just does too much for this team,also Nachbar and Vujacic are missing.Lakovic has been in real poor form the last 6 months.As for Fernandez and Gasol I think they are good enough to play in most teams,so I agree.I wish only these type of players would go to the NBA and not the young prospects.My problem is I think Fernandez is in the wrong team.Portland will be his demise!I hope I am wrong.

Agreed, it will be hard for him to find playing time behind Brandon Roy and now it looks more and more like Bayless will be getting the starting PG spot, so Blake will be backing him up. A better fit for Fernandez would have been Memphis or Philadelphia IMO.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Agreed, it will be hard for him to find playing time behind Brandon Roy and now it looks more and more like Bayless will be getting the starting PG spot, so Blake will be backing him up. A better fit for Fernandez would have been Memphis or Philadelphia IMO.
Personally I think he could have stayed in Europe and signed for one of the big clubs.He would be playing for titles ,had more fun,more respect.Now he goes to play as a 5th or 6th offensive option,fighting for scraps and looking at his numbers.Playing for memphis must be like getting your balls waxed!!!Rudy Gay throws up everything ther.I'd rather play in the cape verde league!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #34
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Personally I think he could have stayed in Europe and signed for one of the big clubs.He would be playing for titles ,had more fun,more respect.Now he goes to play as a 5th or 6th offensive option,fighting for scraps and looking at his numbers.Playing for memphis must be like getting your balls waxed!!!Rudy Gay throws up everything ther.I'd rather play in the cape verde league!

Memphis does suck.

Navarro had some success there last year as a rookie. There seems to be a lot of anticipation for Rudy Fernandez however, a lot of people think he could be a future all star.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #35
la bomba
Local High School Star

I think Greece will beat New Zealand and Germany will beat Brazil but not without problems.Infact I hope Brazil win.I really like Marcelinho huertas even though Splitter is their main man.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #36
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Memphis does suck.

Navarro had some success there last year as a rookie. There seems to be a lot of anticipation for Rudy Fernandez however, a lot of people think he could be a future all star.
Navarro is a great player averaged more than 10 points a game and was about the 3rd or 4th offensive option,yet he is back after just one year.He knows whats best for him.Rudy is awesome but believe it or not,you might laugh ,but I think another usually **** team would have suited Rudy...New York.He is perfect for D'Antoni's type of basketball.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
Grinder

Quote:
I think Greece will beat New Zealand and Germany will beat Brazil but not without problems.Infact I hope Brazil win.I really like Marcelinho huertas even though Splitter is their main man.

Greece should beat New Zealand without any problem, Penney and Cameron are pretty much the whole NZL team. I think Germany's front line of Kaman and Nowitzki will be too much for the Brazilians. Splitter will have a hard time scoring with Kaman guarding him, if the Brazilians had Varajao, I'd like their chances better since he'd do a solid job defending Kaman or Dirk. Brazil is seriously lacking some of their best players aside from Splitter.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #38
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Greece should beat New Zealand without any problem, Penney and Cameron are pretty much the whole NZL team. I think Germany's front line of Kaman and Nowitzki will be too much for the Brazilians. Splitter will have a hard time scoring with Kaman guarding him, if the Brazilians had Varajao, I'd like their chances better since he'd do a solid job defending Kaman or Dirk. Brazil is seriously lacking some of their best players aside from Splitter.
Leandro,Varejao and nene.Like Slovenia and Croatia and Canada etc.Thats why I can't understand US fans coming up with lame excuses for not winning anything the last few years,such as we don't take our best players,when their third best P.G is far better than any other nations 3rd P.G.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #39
Grinder

To be fair, Greece did have its best possible team and Sofoklis Schortsanitis played better than I've ever seen him play against the US in Japan.

Also during the Olympics in 04, the Argentine and Lithuanian teams were pretty much at their best possible rosters. The only pathetic loss was the one to an undersized Puerto Rico.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #40
Grinder

Splitter and Araujo are really locking down on Dirk and Kaman, I don't remember Araujo being this good of a post defender in the NBA.

I'm impressed with how good this Huertas is.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #41
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

For a live stream of germany-brazil
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #42
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

Didn't Puerto Rico beat Germany in a scrimmage? I know it's not the real deal but it shows that Puerto Rico CAN beat Germany, the problem is that they are too inconsistent.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #43
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk

Use ESPN360 dude, much higher quality and commentary.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #44
Grinder

Germany beats Brazil 78-65

The Germans completely dominated through three quarters and went up by as much as 29, but Brazil started playing a full court press in the fourth quarter and exposed Germany's complete inability to handle it. This was definitely a huge hole in the German team's game that was exposed and they'll definitely need to improve on dribbling through pressure.

Kaman really crashed the boards and played good defense on Splitter, Pascal Roller came up big for the Germans with 15 point on 5/6 3 pt shooting.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Germany beats Brazil 78-65

The Germans completely dominated through three quarters and went up by as much as 29, but Brazil started playing a full court press in the fourth quarter and exposed Germany's complete inability to handle it. This was definitely a huge hole in the German team's game that was exposed and they'll definitely need to improve on dribbling through pressure.

Kaman really crashed the boards and played good defense on Splitter, Pascal Roller came up big for the Germans with 15 point on 5/6 3 pt shooting.

Nothing new that Germany sucks against the press.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: