Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #46
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Olympic Qualifying Tournament

Brazil should of easily put germany away but their basketball is just so dumb, I never seen the mental lapse of leaving their man open on defense end in a game or stupid fouls. The guards could not exploit the mitchmatch with Tiago Splitter or Tiago Beims whatever his real name is.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #47
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Use ESPN360 dude, much higher quality and commentary.

not available in europe sadly
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #48
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We got the Final Four:

Croatia vs. Germany
Puerto Rico vs. Greece

One of them will not be at Beijing. Germany and Greece should be there. Croatia and Puerto Rico is a coin toss.

Last edited by kaiteng : 07-18-2008 at 06:14 PM.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #49
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

one of them? i thought it's three.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #50
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
one of them? i thought it's three.
nope.its three that qualify.so only one wont be there.
It makes you wonder whether team usa could have done with Kaman,a good number 5 that can play against euro style basketball,Team Usa have chandler,personally I dont think kaman is any worse than cnadler
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #51
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chandler is a much better defender than Kaman and he has a better back to the basket game. I've actually had the chance to meet him too. He's a nice guy. I wanted him to make the team. He played well last year. I would highly doubt Kaman would ever even be considered for Team USA. In 2012 I think we can expect to see Howard again and possibly Oden or Bynum. Bynum is already better than Kaman. I thought Brad Miller was a great choice because he has a great outside shot. His game is perfect for international play. I'm not sure why he wasn't considered this time around other than the recent bad press we've seen about him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #52
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
nope.its three that qualify.so only one wont be there.
It makes you wonder whether team usa could have done with Kaman,a good number 5 that can play against euro style basketball,Team Usa have chandler,personally I dont think kaman is any worse than cnadler

Kaman was a beast on the glass. Some defensive lapses due to misunderstandings, but overall him and Dirk played great defense.

14pts on 60% shooting , 9 rebs, 2 blks over three games. 3 TOs per game are a bit much.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:02 AM   #53
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Tyson Chandler is a nba player and he isn't the right player for europe.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #54
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First let me say, I'm from Michigan and played class D basketball just like Kaman. I am one of his biggest proponents. I want to see him do well and I like his game.

With that said it's not even a debate. Chandler can play anywhere and anytime. He is faster, can jump higher, can defend better, and has a better back to the basket game than Kaman. It wouldn't matter what league the two played in. Players for the Olympic team are selected based on how they feel their games would translate into the international game. Kaman has never even been in the discussion. I'm glad Germany got him. End of discussion.

Last edited by dd24 : 07-19-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #55
dd24
College superstar

To be honest, I'm very suprised you guys even support him being on the team. Let's face it you don't like the USA. I understand that and can live with the fact that is your opinion. Kaman isn't German. He was born in the US and raised in Michigan. His grandparents are the ones with German ties. He didn't even know there was a loophole for him to play in Germany until a reporter asked him a question about it. I would think since you hate American basketball so much, why are you such hardcore supporters of an American on one of your teams? Wouldn't you rather beat the US with your own players? Not that Germany will anyway but you get the point. I don't mean for this to sound bad, it just seems like it's a bit hypocritic that you hate American basketball but once you have one on your team they are the greatest player in the world, when they are really just mediocre. Again, don't take that statement as me trying to slam or bash you. I realize it might look bad when it's first read but I'm just trying to understand your stance on Kaman in the olympics. I would think you might not mind, but I wouldn't think you would support him so much.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #56
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
To be honest, I'm very suprised you guys even support him being on the team. Let's face it you don't like the USA. I understand that and can live with the fact that is your opinion. Kaman isn't German. He was born in the US and raised in Michigan. His grandparents are the ones with German ties. He didn't even know there was a loophole for him to play in Germany until a reporter asked him a question about it. I would think since you hate American basketball so much, why are you such hardcore supporters of an American on one of your teams? Wouldn't you rather beat the US with your own players? Not that Germany will anyway but you get the point. I don't mean for this to sound bad, it just seems like it's a bit hypocritic that you hate American basketball but once you have one on your team they are the greatest player in the world, when they are really just mediocre. Again, don't take that statement as me trying to slam or bash you. I realize it might look bad when it's first read but I'm just trying to understand your stance on Kaman in the olympics. I would think you might not mind, but I wouldn't think you would support him so much.
I don't know if you are including me in that plural you.But 1st I don't hate americans or american basketball,I am a european basketball 1st person,I much prefer the competitiveness,the defending and the team effort over the athleticism and individualism(my preference).I dislike the american arrogance not just in basketball,and their constant misunderstanding between criticism and insult,they are either a " with us or against us" nation.That aside there are a lot of things i like about the americans and their basketball.As for Kaman I couldn't care less what he does,I don't support Germany and I am not for players like Gordon,kaman,Shammond Williams,Domercant etc who play for a nation that they dont even know or even speak their language(except in the case of Gordon of course,same lang).I only said that maybe he would have been an ok choice for team U.S.I agree Brad Millar did not do a bad job last time round,plus he has had the fortune of having improved as a player playing alongside Divac,you can tell in his passing.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #57
la bomba
Local High School Star

here is a thought.how about this for a good slovenia team? Udrih,Vujacic,Nachbar,Smodis and Brezec.good team,well none of them there.thats another thing that annoys me ,the americans whinging about not sending their best players.There are probably as many registered basketball players in the states as there are people in slovenia!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #58
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
here is a thought.how about this for a good slovenia team? Udrih,Vujacic,Nachbar,Smodis and Brezec.good team,well none of them there.thats another thing that annoys me ,the americans whinging about not sending their best players.There are probably as many registered basketball players in the states as there are people in slovenia!

Yeah but the Slovenian team still wouldn't have been that big of a threat, the elite teams such as Spain, Greece, and Argentina almost always bring their possible teams to the big stage.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #59
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Croatia defeats Germany. Awesome coaching giving Jagla from Joventut one minute, while Garrett and Schultze get 20 plus minutes.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #60
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far

I can't believe Germany didn't get that rebound. They made such a comeback but can't rebound from a free throw. I'm praying that Greece loses, and then get's knocked out by Germany. But that's nearly impossible. Either way, Germany will probably win the third ticket. I'm guessing Greece will beat PR by 20-30 points.
Also, since everyone is discussing likes and dislikes, my main dislike for American basketball is the constant bit.ching about not bringing the best players. Slovenia is a great example given by la bomba. Lithuania never had Ilgauskas, and hasn't had Macijauskas in years. Look at Serbia in the Eurobasket. Terrible. Canada never has Steve Nash, and they don't even mention that. Argentina still won 2nd place in America after having no one but Scola. This isn't a problem just for the US. And for small countries like Lithuania or Serbia, missing athletes is a much bigger blow than to the US.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: