Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #31
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76
For whoever gets him, you better win it all this year, because 2 or 3 years down the road, he will hurt more than help.

I think that's the plan since his contract is up at the end of the year.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #32
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far

i hope the lakers get him
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 AM   #33
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I think Sacramento would trade him to the Clippers for a pick and cap relief.
If we could could unload 2 out of these 3: Miller, Rahim, and Thomas the Kings would probably consider it.

But, there's absolutely no reason the Clippers should pursue Artest. He won't make them a contender and he'd probably leave for a contender next offseason anyways. Plus, I don't see Dunleavy and him meshing too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
Radmanovic, Walton and 2nd round pick for Artest will be the deal.
We all believe in Mitch.
I remember when Mitch said he only pursued the Gasol trade because Bynum was hurt. If Bynum wasn't hurt, Mitch wouldn't have stumbled onto getting Gasol for free. People forget how crappy of a GM Mitch is.

I would love to see a Miller/K9/Artest for Odom/Expirers type of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
Battier for Artest
Why would the Kings want that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Come back to the Pacers!

Dunleavy for Artest.

Looks good to me.
Not to the Kings...

Dunleavy is just another overpaid contract that really isn't going to take the team anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
suns need to make a move for him, possibly a package involving diaw and barbosa.
Picking up Diaw would be pointless. Long contract and not a good fit at all.

Barbosa wouldn't be all that great because we have Martin and Udrih locked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Marion and Haslem for Artest and Brad Miller
That would be interesting. Is Haslem's deal shorter than Miller's? I don't see why Miami or the Kings would do it though. Lateral move almost.

Quote:
Talked to a friend who was a Kings fan and told him the same thing when they got him. Like me, he fell in love the with talent and potential. The Kings and Artest had their honeymoon period, and then he started pulling stuff
LIKE WHAT? I'm sick of people hating on Artest, especially Kings fans nowadays. Artest has been a pretty solid character guy on the Kings. He's had no real on court issues and nothing serious off the court. Most of the negative stories about him are super exaggerated because of his past. The guy changed his attitude and personality during his time in Sacramento but people refuse to look past that.

Personally, I have no problem with him wanting out of Sacramento. Its obvious that he isn't wanted in Sac. He himself said that he was limiting Salmons and Garcia's production and felt bad about it. The Kings won't give him an extension and Artest is getting older and older. He's in his prime and wants to be on a contender not on a rebuilding team that hasn't included him in their plans. That sounds fair enough to me.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #34
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Lakers need to jump on this as soon as possible. The guy is a good defender and a natural 3 who has a good jump shot, two things that lamar odom is not. I don't think chemistry would be a problem, because the guy seems to be in love with Kobe.

http://ballhype.com/video/kobe_bryant_ron_artest/

He fills the void of what the lakers missed most during the finals, another legit scoring option and a very good perimeter defender. If the lakers do this I see them as early favorites for a ring.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #35
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

artest > josh howard
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #36
Chicago76
I hit open 5-footers

Chicago76 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
LIKE WHAT? I'm sick of people hating on Artest, especially Kings fans nowadays. Artest has been a pretty solid character guy on the Kings. He's had no real on court issues and nothing serious off the court. Most of the negative stories about him are super exaggerated because of his past. The guy changed his attitude and personality during his time in Sacramento but people refuse to look past that.

As far as off the court things go, he was charged and found guilty of beating his wife last year wasn't he? Yeah, he beat the false imprisonment charge in exhange for 3 years probation, but seriously, you think he doesn't still have problems?

Ron Artest, in his heart, is a really good guy. He's just mentally and emotionally unstable. Not in a funny, eccentric way either. Yeah, he hasn't kicked many cameras, or run into the stands, or taken jobs at circuit city to get discounts on electronics lately, or needed time off during the season because he spent too much time on his rap career in the offseason, but the problem with him, and the problem he will always have is that he is unstable.

Wherever he goes, a condition of him going there will be an extension, and nobody wants to take that risk. The writing was on the wall this year for the Kings when he started getting "injured". Ron Artest, like any other NBA player, gets injured. For some reason, the timing of about 50% of his injuries and the nature of them coincides with him not being happy on Team X.

Seriously, if fans of the Bulls, Pacers, and now Kings have found reasons to hate on Ron Artest, does the problem lie with those fans, and does it lie at the feet of Ron Artest?

The problem with Ron-Ron is that he is a 12 year old trapped in the body of a man, whereas most NBA players are 18 to 20 year olds trapped in the bodies of men.
Chicago76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 AM   #37
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The word last year's season before the trade dealine was that Sacramento was williing to trade Artest to the Houston Rockets, but they wanted Aaron Brooks in the deal, and i guess houston preferred to keep Brooks.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 AM   #38
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Personally, I have no problem with him wanting out of Sacramento. Its obvious that he isn't wanted in Sac. He himself said that he was limiting Salmons and Garcia's production and felt bad about it. The Kings won't give him an extension and Artest is getting older and older. He's in his prime and wants to be on a contender not on a rebuilding team that hasn't included him in their plans. That sounds fair enough to me.
How about calling the coach 10 minutes before a game and telling him he's not playing? How about telling the coach he's not playing, and then an hour before the game starts, he's changed his mind? How about the time he missed due to suspension from his court case? How about him picking and choosing when to come out of the lineup? How about him destroying team chemistry while trying to take over a game? It's clear you haven't been paying attention, so don't comment on stuff you don't know about.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 AM   #39
Chicago76
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
How about calling the coach 10 minutes before a game and telling him he's not playing? How about telling the coach he's not playing, and then an hour before the game starts, he's changed his mind? How about the time he missed due to suspension from his court case? How about him picking and choosing when to come out of the lineup? How about him destroying team chemistry while trying to take over a game? It's clear you haven't been paying attention, so don't comment on stuff you don't know about.

Like I was saying. You really want to like the guy, but he pulls stuff. His teammates see 10x more on a daily basis and it really hurts morale.

He might not be more than a role player, but I respect Austin Croshere's opinion. He gave an interview that had some veiled references to Artest and team chemistry. Miller made similar comments after he retired. No matter what people think of Reggie Miller, they never questioned his professionalism and his preparation.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #40
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
As far as off the court things go, he was charged and found guilty of beating his wife last year wasn't he? Yeah, he beat the false imprisonment charge in exhange for 3 years probation, but seriously, you think he doesn't still have problems?
He didn't beat his wife, he hit her. Difference. And if you've seen his wife, I doubt she even felt it. Plus, they are over it. If they can get over it, everyone else who was informed by the media should get over it.

Quote:
Ron Artest, like any other NBA player, gets injured. For some reason, the timing of about 50% of his injuries and the nature of them coincides with him not being happy on Team X.
Artest is one of the few players who plays at an all star level while giving up his body on a nightly basis. He takes beatings from big men (watching him guard Curry was a season highlight) and dives onto the floor fighting for loose balls against quicker guards. I'd believe him if he says he is constantly fighting nagging injuries. Anyone who's had bad knees and a bad back knows they don't go away quickly and tend to come back.

Plus, he felt a lot of pressure from management to cut back on his minutes/games towards the end of the season (Theus even said it) and let the younger guys like Garcia and Salmons play.

Quote:
Seriously, if fans of the Bulls, Pacers, and now Kings have found reasons to hate on Ron Artest, does the problem lie with those fans, and does it lie at the feet of Ron Artest?
I'd like to blame the media.

Quote:
How about calling the coach 10 minutes before a game and telling him he's not playing? How about telling the coach he's not playing, and then an hour before the game starts, he's changed his mind? How about the time he missed due to suspension from his court case?
As for the calling before game thing. It happened only a few times, it wasn't a daily thing. Towards the end of the season, it was clear that the Kings did not want Artest playing. Management had made that clear. You can't blame Artest for that.

As for the suspension for the court case, a lot of players miss games because of legal issues.

Quote:
How about him destroying team chemistry while trying to take over a game? It's clear you haven't been paying attention, so don't comment on stuff you don't know about.
I'll give you that, Artest tried to force the issue on offense a lot this season. But I refuse to believe that the amount of games he shot us out of were more than the games he won for us.

Artest was put in a position to be a number one option and he really isn't one. Neither is Martin (yet), thats why our offense looked like crap at times. We didn't have a legit number one scoring threat and lacked leadership (someone like Kobe/JO to keep Artest in check).

And don't tell me I don't know myself and turn on a player the second he wants to leave your favorite team.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:57 AM   #41
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Ron Artest to the Clippers for a pick, then well use him at PF
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #42
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Ron Artest to the Clippers for a pick, then well use him at PF
Don't count on it, it didn't for work for us last year for the few times we tried it, we got raped on the boards.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #43
Chicago76
I hit open 5-footers

I was once a Ron Artest apologist too.

The point is, his problems extend to the court room, locker room, etc.

The media didn't make him miss a game for a court appearance.

The media didn't make him insert himself into the starting lineup only to pull himself out again.

The media doesn't give him strange injuries when he is in 12-year old Ron-Ron pout mode. Yeah, he gets injuries because he throws his body around. But isn't it a little strange that he gets them more often when he's not happy?

Here's a story to tell you just how strange of a dude this guy is:

After the Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs by the Pistons during the suspension year, Artest was waiting to get back into the arena. The Pistons bus is getting ready to pull out, and Ron Artest rips his clothes off, wearing nothing but "hot pants", flexes and glares at the Pistons bus. Are these the actions of a sane individual?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #44
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

artest
for
bargnani and joey graham

sacramento gets two studs in the making (*giggle*)
toronto gets their perimeter defender, and added toughness to their team. not to mention, the JO/artest reunion, woot!

calderon, parker, artest, bosh, JO

ok ok fine, toronto will throw in a pick too..
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 AM   #45
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
artest
for
bargnani and joey graham

sacramento gets two studs in the making (*giggle*)
toronto gets their perimeter defender, and added toughness to their team. not to mention, the JO/artest reunion, woot!

calderon, parker, artest, bosh, JO

ok ok fine, toronto will throw in a pick too..
That team would be great.
Won't happen though.

What would Ron think about playing in Canada?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: