Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #46
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,677
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
He didn't beat his wife, he hit her. Difference. And if you've seen his wife, I doubt she even felt it. Plus, they are over it. If they can get over it, everyone else who was informed by the media should get over it.


Artest is one of the few players who plays at an all star level while giving up his body on a nightly basis. He takes beatings from big men (watching him guard Curry was a season highlight) and dives onto the floor fighting for loose balls against quicker guards. I'd believe him if he says he is constantly fighting nagging injuries. Anyone who's had bad knees and a bad back knows they don't go away quickly and tend to come back.

Plus, he felt a lot of pressure from management to cut back on his minutes/games towards the end of the season (Theus even said it) and let the younger guys like Garcia and Salmons play.


I'd like to blame the media.


As for the calling before game thing. It happened only a few times, it wasn't a daily thing. Towards the end of the season, it was clear that the Kings did not want Artest playing. Management had made that clear. You can't blame Artest for that.

As for the suspension for the court case, a lot of players miss games because of legal issues.


I'll give you that, Artest tried to force the issue on offense a lot this season. But I refuse to believe that the amount of games he shot us out of were more than the games he won for us.

Artest was put in a position to be a number one option and he really isn't one. Neither is Martin (yet), thats why our offense looked like crap at times. We didn't have a legit number one scoring threat and lacked leadership (someone like Kobe/JO to keep Artest in check).

And don't tell me I don't know myself and turn on a player the second he wants to leave your favorite team.

He has a history of domestic disputes (including physical confronations) with his wife/gf's, etc. as well as a bunch of animal cruelty problems. Im not an animal nut, but those things to me are red flags because they indicate two things, a callousness toward life in general, and a bullying streak. (It's like someone who would hit a child, there's something wrong because it means you would do whatever you could get away with). He's not a good citizen. He's got a lot of issues. People like to pick point by point why someone is ok (This incident was because of A, that one bcause of B, that one the media exaggerated, etc.) The fact of the matter is if you have a list 27 items long of incidents, they are not all a result of exaggeration, etc.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #47
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn
 
Rekindled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away..
Posts: 9,009
Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

that's why he should go to the suns, if he wants to act up, shaq can beat the **** out of him.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,357
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Noooooo.....Josh Howard is WAYY better than Artest.
perhaps as a mentally stable person, but not as a bball player. and even the mentally stable could be questioned with his inability to keep his mouth shut about drug use while talking to the media.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #49
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,357
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Lol, when players are under 30, they are automatically 'young', 'loads of years left', like Garnett when he was 29. But once they hit 30 or 30+ Bam! 'Getting old', 'going downhill' etc.
gotta love it. apparently most players dont have a time of peak performance since they go from young potential to over the hill over night.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #50
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,675
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

I still just don't trust him at all. He's basically never been on a winner for more then a year or two and usually destroy's it and leaves. He has talent, but he is incredibly disruptive to an offense, jacking shots like crazy. He takes a team out of their sets a lot. Off court stuff doesn't bother me (to an extent and he's pushing it), but he checks out mentally almost every year which hurts ON the court. He'll sulk and then hurt his pinky and miss 5 games randomly. I am sure Phil Jackson could contain him, but I just wouldn't want him ever. Him and Ruben Patterson, for being a rapest, are the only 2 players in the league I really would never want on my team.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #51
power works
High School JV MVP
 
power works's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 492
power works has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Him and Ruben Patterson, for being a rapest, are the only 2 players in the league I really would never want on my team.

I never knew he got convicted of a sex crime.

Regardless, from a purely b-ball perspective he may be worth the risk.

I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt that the Maloof brothers & Kings can make the Raptors into championship contenders.

KINGS trade:
ARTEST

RAPTORS trade:
ANTHONY PARKER
JOEY GRAHAM
2009 1st round draft pick.

AP is just the type of low-maintenance, but still productive player Kings could use. Artest is shipped out of the conference, Maloofs wonít feel bad by dealing with the Lakers and thereís no long-term salary obligations. Letís face it, Kings ainít sniffing the playoffs in da tough west, the extra pick could only help.

Artest always wanted to play in NY, not saying TO is NY, but itís a lot closer than Sacramento ever will be. Best chance for JO & Artest to reach the Finals, and exorcise the demons of ďthe brawl.Ē

Raptors plug a weakness in the wings. They get a tough, lockdown defender and versatile scorer. Iím sure LeBron, Pierce or Rip would rather face AP than Artest.

Itís a contract year so Raptors will bank on the fact that Artest will be playing for a basketball rather than a music one. I mean how bad can it be with JO, Bosh & SMitch making sure Artest doesnít suffer a meltdown.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #52
TmacsRockets
Banned
 
TmacsRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,243
TmacsRockets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

He should go to the Rockets

Battier, Francis and Brooks for Artest

PG Rafer/Jackson
SG Tmac/Barry/Head
SF Artest/Novak/Harris
PF Scola/Landry/Hayes
C Yao/Deke
TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #53
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,665
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Sorry for the double post

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 07-14-2008 at 12:21 PM.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #54
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,665
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Trade Artest + filler for Lamar Odom. Then trade Spencer Hawes + Sheldon Williams + filler to Indy for Dunleavy

Lakers:
Fisher/Farmer
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Kings:
Beno
Martin
Dunleavy
Odom
Brad Miller

Pacers:
Ford/Jack
B.Rush/Daniels
Granger/Shawne Williams
Sheldon Williams
Hawes/Hibbert
***as for the future***

I still beleive in Sheldon's game.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #55
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,665
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works


I never knew he got convicted of a sex crime.

Regardless, from a purely b-ball perspective he may be worth the risk.

I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt that the Maloof brothers & Kings can make the Raptors into championship contenders.

KINGS trade:
ARTEST

RAPTORS trade:
ANTHONY PARKER
JOEY GRAHAM
2009 1st round draft pick.


AP is just the type of low-maintenance, but still productive player Kings could use. Artest is shipped out of the conference, Maloofs wonít feel bad by dealing with the Lakers and thereís no long-term salary obligations. Letís face it, Kings ainít sniffing the playoffs in da tough west, the extra pick could only help.

Artest always wanted to play in NY, not saying TO is NY, but itís a lot closer than Sacramento ever will be. Best chance for JO & Artest to reach the Finals, and exorcise the demons of ďthe brawl.Ē

Raptors plug a weakness in the wings. They get a tough, lockdown defender and versatile scorer. Iím sure LeBron, Pierce or Rip would rather face AP than Artest.

Itís a contract year so Raptors will bank on the fact that Artest will be playing for a basketball rather than a music one. I mean how bad can it be with JO, Bosh & SMitch making sure Artest doesnít suffer a meltdown.
Artest is one of my favourite players, but personally I think the Raps are giving up too much in that deal. They already gave their first round pick to the Pacers this season.

Another note: I dont think JO will ever want to play with Artest again. After the brawl, JO and the Pacers whole organization stood by him and responded by saying "I owe the Pacers franchise a title". I gained so much repect for Artest that time, because he manned up for his mistake and respected the fact that not only did the Pacers players stand by him, the franchise did also. Then he reponds by asking to be traded 7 games into the next season. Thats when JO said thats its either Artest or me, 1 of us has to go
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #56
power works
High School JV MVP
 
power works's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 492
power works has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Artest is one of my favourite players, but personally I think the Raps are giving up too much in that deal. They already gave their first round pick to the Pacers this season.

Another note: I dont think JO will ever want to play with Artest again. After the brawl, JO and the Pacers whole organization stood by him and responded by saying "I owe the Pacers franchise a title". I gained so much repect for Artest that time, because he manned up for his mistake and respected the fact that not only did the Pacers players stand by him, the franchise did also. Then he reponds by asking to be traded 7 games into the next season. Thats when JO said thats its either Artest or me, 1 of us has to go

I'd say to win the Artest sweepstakes a team would either have to take on the Kenny Thomas contract, or give up a 1st round pick. Raptors can't take on KT's contract cause salaries won't match. And Colangelo ain't giving up Bargnani.

Whether Raptor nation admits it or not, the JO trade is a "win now" deal, so why not really win now!?

I didn't know about the JO-Artest history that well, and good point. The search continues.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #57
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,665
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
I'd say to win the Artest sweepstakes a team would either have to take on the Kenny Thomas contract, or give up a 1st round pick. Raptors can't take on KT's contract cause salaries won't match. And Colangelo ain't giving up Bargnani.

Whether Raptor nation admits it or not, the JO trade is a "win now" deal, so why not really win now!?

I didn't know about the JO-Artest history that well, and good point. The search continues.
i agree. It is a win now for them. The gave up a starting PG, an $8 Million expirer and their first round pick. Its a risky trade, but if JO can stay healthy, they'll make noise in the East
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #58
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,935
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

I love artest to death and I think its time to bring him to LAL.

He's a very quick defender and he weighs a massive 260 pounds of muscle. That would easily take on someone like paul pierce who did destroy LA in the finals.

When he gets an open shot, he's not afraid to shoot it, and makes it a lot more than Odom when he takes a jumpshot.

We do lose rebounding with Odom gone, but we have Bynum and Gasol to rebound for us then so it's not a big deal. This can be the best defensive team with ron artest on it.

Though it is a gamble to give away Odom, I say do it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #59
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY
 
PacerRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Conseco Field House
Posts: 2,665
PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I love artest to death and I think its time to bring him to LAL.

He's a very quick defender and he weighs a massive 260 pounds of muscle. That would easily take on someone like paul pierce who did destroy LA in the finals.

When he gets an open shot, he's not afraid to shoot it, and makes it a lot more than Odom when he takes a jumpshot.
We do lose rebounding with Odom gone, but we have Bynum and Gasol to rebound for us then so it's not a big deal. This can be the best defensive team with ron artest on it.

Though it is a gamble to give away Odom, I say do it.
Artest would want to be part of the offense, not just someone taking open shots. This is something he complained about in Indy. He once said he regrets being a good defenders because no one respects his offense
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #60
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star
 
White Chocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,621
White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Everyone here in NYC is hoping Ron gets traded to the Knicks, but the odds of that happening are probably slim to none. The Lakers and Rockets seem to be the best places for Ron to go to. If he can be a good boy, he is one of the best lockdown defenders in the NBA and can play both ends of the court.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy