Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #61
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ESPN: Artest seeking trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Artest would want to be part of the offense, not just someone taking open shots. This is something he complained about in Indy. He once said he regrets being a good defenders because no one respects his offense

well there is no doubt that the he would be getting good shot attempts in LA if he came. The triangle is an equal opportunity offense. He'll get his chances to attack the basket which is what we wanted Odom to do. The way I see it, If we want Odom to attack the basket, I bet they would want artest to attack it a lot too.
Think about how much more an offensive threat (please no jokes) he is than Odom and Odom thrived the second half of last season.

if the offense is run right, Artest will get his, and be a good defender at the same time.

Kobe and Phil do not tolerate BS and would definitely keep reminding artest of his role.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #62
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Kobe and Phil do not tolerate BS and would definitely keep reminding artest of his role.
lol artest had larry bird in his corner, and larry doesn't tolerate BS either, did that make a difference? in indy he had an entire team begging him to clean up his act, his good friend jermaine o'neal called him out asking him to clean up his act, he asked for time off to work on his music career...lol

artest can't handle the pressure of being in a high visibility spot, in LA he'll be in trouble sooner then later...

the reason why he's been relativly low key in sacrtemento is because there has been no presssure, the team hasn't been expected to be a contender and except for staying out of troble nobody expects anything from him... in LA where staying out of trouble and being a contributing member of a team that many think should repeat as WC champs he'll crumble...

stop and think about this, how many excuses are people going to keep making for artest? look at the list of things he's done in his career, why anyone thinks at this stage in his career he's suddenly going to start making good choices is beyond me...

look at just crap in just the last month, opt out or not, now firing his agent to represent himself..the guys a joke

Last edited by gts : 07-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #63
Sroek
Slasher

Sroek has decent reputation

ESPN is reporting that the Lakers FO is reluctant to include Odom in a deal for Artest.

Sroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #64
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol artest had larry bird in his corner, and larry doesn't tolerate BS either, did that make a difference?
artest can't handle the pressure of being in a high visibility spot, in LA he'll be in trouble sooner then later...

the reason why he's been relativly low key in sacrtemento is because there have been no presssure, the team hasn't been expected to be a contender and except for staying out of troble nobody expects anything from him... in LA where staying out of trouble and being a contributing member of a team that many think should repeat as WC champs he'll crumble...

stop and think about this, how many excuses are people going to keep making for artest? look at the list of things he's done in his career, why anyone thinks at this stage in his career he's suddenly going to start making good choices is beyond me...

Ehh, I wouldn't call it making excuses. As much distractions as there were in Indiana, that team did have very good runs with Artest, JO, Reggie. They always made the second round and ECF.

With Artest still relatively young to where he can score and defend on a much more talented roster than those pacers, I think he can finally bring them over the hump.

Its honestly a risk we should take in my opinion. Keep in mind he has just one more year on his contract. If it doesn't work out we'll just let him walk and we can still find a solid replacement, whether its someone already on the team (ariza) or someone we can sign with the MLE.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #65
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sroek
ESPN is reporting that the Lakers FO is reluctant to include Odom in a deal for Artest.

I'd be reluctant too. The Lakers goal was to have Odom and Artest, with Odom being our sixth man. If they can't make it work without Odom they can just wait for next years offseason.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #66
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

dont you Lakers fans think that LO for Marion would be better? Less headache but will cost more..
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #67
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
As much distractions as there were in Indiana,
he was the distraction..lol all the distractions around artest are of his making... so see you're making excuses for him right off the bat...
he is a good ball player with the maturity level of a 10 year old... the lakers are not trying to get over the hump, they don't need an impact player, they need a little help to keep them on top of the heap... and they certainly don't need need some guy who can go off the deep end at anytime and take the season down with him..we just got rid of cancers like smush and cook, why bring on a new one?

read this espn article read it twice does this seem like a guy who's capable of playing in a high pressure atmosphere?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534

Quote:
dont you Lakers fans think that LO for Marion would be better? Less headache but will cost more..
yes it would be a much better move plus the salries match so the lakers don't end up taking a crap contract to make things balance out
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #68
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
I'd be reluctant too. The Lakers goal was to have Odom and Artest, with Odom being our sixth man. If they can't make it work without Odom they can just wait for next years offseason.
heres the article http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #69
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I agree that LO for Marion is much better. But why aren't they doing that?
Its not even a rumor at this point.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #70
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Way better but its not gonna happen.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #71
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i just checked and it seems as though jermaine oneal is an injury plagued player these days with absolutely no say in what players the raptors acquire.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #72
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pat riley is in absolute love with lamar odom which surprises me that we haven't heard any odom for marion talk. especially with marion wanting his extension. i would be real reluctant to pay marion after this year if i was the lakers though. he's gonna wanna a boat load and i hope nobody gives it to him. just something about marion that i don't like. seems like he has a bad attitude. i never understood why he wanted out from the suns in the first place. seemed like the perfect situation for him. anyways somebody will give him the max and it will probably be from some team that has no shot at winning. marion as the number 1 option = comedy.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #73
Sroek
Slasher

Sroek has decent reputation

Marion's offensive game isn't as refined as Artest's and has been known to lose focus during the playoffs. Artest is also a more tenacious man defender and is a better 3pt shooter than Marion.

On the other hand, Marion moves better off the ball and grabs more rebounds than Artest.

I'd rather have what Artest brings to the table plus some toughness which Marion doesn't provide.

Last edited by Sroek : 07-14-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Sroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #74
okayabc123
Serious playground baller

okayabc123 has not been impressing people

I don't see why Marion would want to play with the Lakers consider the fact that he will be the 3rd option. Isn't the whole point of going to another team was so that he doesn't have to be the 3rd option of another team.

Of course with Beasley in Miami, and DWade being healthy, Marion right now can't even say he is the 2nd option with the Heat.

As a Lakers fan, I don't want Marion anyway. Marion will be so out of place in the triangle it's not even funny. He can't shoot with any consistency and he doesn't provide any much better in rebounding and offensive efficiency than Odom. I understand Marion is a good defensive player, but I also believe that if Ariza had been healthy, he would've done a good job on Pierce or chasing Ray Allen. That would've been a huge plus.

I think the best thing for Odom and the Lakers is if Lakers can get Odom to sign for less money on the extension. Use that money and the money that they won't spend on Turiaf and sign some veterans. A player like Posey can be extremely valuable as shown in the Finals when Posey time and time again came up with huge defensive effort or key 3 pointers.
okayabc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #75
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sroek
Marion's offensive game isn't as refined as Artest's and has been known to lose focus during the playoffs. Artest is also a more tenacious man defender and is a better 3pt shooter than Marion.

On the other hand, Marion moves better off the ball and grabs more rebounds than Artest.

I'd rather have what Artest brings to the table plus some toughness which Marion doesn't provide.

I would take Marion over Artest in a heartbeat on the Lakers. We already have Kobe and Pau who are going to be the focal points on offense. What the Lakers need is a guy who can finish around the hoop and hit open jumpers. Marion is the better shooter, Artest is a known chucker. I'd worry about artest losing his focus over Marion losing his focus. Marion is a solid defender as well.

Who says Marion is not tough? He is one of the most durable players in the league outside of last season and he defended opposing teams big men as a Sun. There is less risk of him becoming a headcase and really, he provides what the lakers need. He plays with out the ball and would stretch the floor
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: