Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 07-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anthony Randolph impresses me

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I hope Nellie gives him some run... adding another 30 pounds would help Randolph imo.. 6'11 230 gives him some more beef but he can retain his quicker abilities than normal bigs

He looks tailor made for Nellie and Golden State. Hope gets a chance to show his abilities, he has a huge upside. Athletes like him dont come around too often, but I didnt get to see enough of him to true bead on him.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #17
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

His weight shouldn't be a huge problem. KG looked much thinner than him when he entered the league.

Randolph has really impressed me too. He should have easily been a top 10 pick.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #18
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

do you think teams passed on him solely because he was so thin? or because he was unpolished? i.e not NBA ready as some scouts said
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #19
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
do you think teams passed on him solely because he was so thin? or because he was unpolished? i.e not NBA ready as some scouts said

I honestly only watched one game of his in college but I was impressed then by his atheltism. But they forced him to play on the block, I had no idea he could handle and shoot the way he could. I think LSU's coach playing him out of position hurt his draft stock.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 AM   #20
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I honestly only watched one game of his in college but I was impressed then by his atheltism. But they forced him to play on the block, I had no idea he could handle and shoot the way he could. I think LSU's coach playing him out of position hurt his draft stock.
he's so tall though, 6'11 SF? That's a bit too tall for the SF position imo
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 AM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:

are you watching the games...this guy can has the easily has the athleticism to guard small forwards. No question in my mind, he looks like a T-Mac level athlete. I really dont understand how a GM could let him slide so far. He is getting to any spot on the floor he wants and is getting the shots he wants. Only thing holding him back is a little strength. This guy is gonna be a player in the league. Great draft pick and could be GSW best player in 3 years.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #22
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:

He isn't any taller than Kevin Durant who averaged over 20 ppg at SG last season. Both of them measured 6'9" w/o shoes and don't you remember when Kevin Garnett who is 7 feet use to play SF? There's no limit to how tall you can be at a position, if you are quick enough and athletic enough you can't be too tall to play a position.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #23
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

If there ever was a perfect big for Nellie's system

this kid's got what it takes: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CRtna5iDFc

his handles are amazing for a guy his size at 6'10-6'11

his jumped is so smooth ala Chris Bosh

he is very athletic and springy

he leads fastbreaks himself with his ball handles

he's got serious potential, im really surprised he dropped to #14
Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #24
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
He isn't any taller than Kevin Durant who averaged over 20 ppg at SG last season. Both of them measured 6'9" w/o shoes and don't you remember when Kevin Garnett who is 7 feet use to play SF? There's no limit to how tall you can be at a position, if you are quick enough and athletic enough you can't be too tall to play a position.
i hadn't really seen the kid play before searching on youtube just now, he can totally play the 3, but he has a 7 foot wing span so coaches probably want that shot blocking ability..

oh and another thing, kid is 18 years old... turns 19 on tuesday

Last edited by baseketball4life : 07-14-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #25
VCMVP1551

Quote:
i hadn't really seen the kid play before searching on youtube just now, he can totally play the 3, but he has a 7 foot wing span so coaches probably want that shot blocking ability..

Durant has a 7'5" wingspan and he plays SG. Randolph is a perimeter player no matter what his wingspan is and Nelson probably knows that.

Quote:
oh and another thing, kid is 18 years old... turns 19 on tuesday

Yeah, a true talent. As you've said he is in the perfect system too.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #26
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Durant has a 7'5" wingspan and he plays SG. Randolph is a perimeter player no matter what his wingspan is and Nelson probably knows that.
I didn't see too much shot blocking ability out of Durant, Randolph is quick to the ball and looks like a pretty good shot blocker... honestly I see him as a SF in the NBA, atleast right away...
Old 07-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #27
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I didn't see too much shot blocking ability out of Durant, Randolph is quick to the ball and looks like a pretty good shot blocker... honestly I see him as a SF in the NBA, atleast right away...

Durant avgd 1 block a game in his rookie season. I'd say there ability there.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
and he wears #4

he just may be the successor.
Are you saying that he will show absolutely no signs of intelligence and that we shouldn't expect that much from him, if anything, at all?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #29
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

He surely didn't impress me at LSU.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #30
Hopper15
Serious playground baller

Hopper15 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
He surely didn't impress me at LSU.

That's what happens when a star player is totally misused by the coach.
Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: