Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default The Dynamic Duo of Memphis

I been peeping some of the Memphis Griz summer league games and I like what I see. O.J. Mayo and Mike Conley are nice backcourt to watch. I'm really looking forward to watching these guys play together in the league.

Check out this article I found.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2008/..._20080711.html

PG-Conley
SG-Mayo
SF-Gay
PF-Milicic
C-Gasol

The future is looking bright.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Dynamic Duo of Memphis

If all goes well the future could be very promising. My first thoughts of Mayo, as some of the regular ISH Grizz residents might know, was that he had an attitude problem and I thought that he wouldn't fit in well with Gay and Conley. Now, I've seen numerous accounts where the praise of Mayo and his attitude is quite high. Maybe I was wrong about him being a bad apple, hopefully everything works out.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

He has made some pretty amazing moves in the summer league. Hoping that everything fits right.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

I was actually just a fan of mayo but now im starting to like who my boy will be running with conley is a fastly sick point then you got gay running with mayo damn that gonna be dangerous
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I been peeping some of the Memphis Griz summer league games and I like what I see. O.J. Mayo and Mike Conley are nice backcourt to watch. I'm really looking forward to watching these guys play together in the league.

Check out this article I found.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2008/..._20080711.html

PG-Conley
SG-Mayo
SF-Gay
PF-Milicic
C-Gasol

The future is looking bright.

What about Javaris and Lowry? ?
And warrick? ? I like those 3
Man this memphis team just keeps getting nicer.

Idk about Arthur? Whats up with the guy? Wasnt he expected to go higer? ?
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

He needs to get it together if he keeps playing like he does in the summer league dudes gonna get benched every game
Old 07-14-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
What about Javaris and Lowry? ?
And warrick? ? I like those 3
Man this memphis team just keeps getting nicer.

Idk about Arthur? Whats up with the guy? Wasnt he expected to go higer? ?

There was a rumor about arthur having medical issues. Which hurt his stock in the draft. That and his scouting report wasnt all aces either. He showed promise but needs to learn control is what many were saying about him. He looks like he could be decent.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Mayo is really living up to whats expected from him. Conley just needs to improve shooting ala mayo they would be deadly together with gay. I am quite disappointed with arthur in his last performance he looks like he is lost but am sure he will bounce back plus arthur has to play defense with his feet nothing is wrong about blocking shots but make sure dont bite on fakes and stuff. hopefully everything tunrs on to be ok for the grizz.. am with you by the way i love the underdogs.. as you can see am a pinoy so i really love basketball and so far this new memphis team gets my interest like portland and gsw i will support for you guys. but if they are up against the celtics id cling for the c's a bit ;)
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah arthur has been jumping abit to much on defense. But his game last night was decen. He had a nice stat line.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

I still think Mayo has a personal issues that will emerge as his career goes on. His problem is that he knows he's a good player and for him, its above arrogance. There was news last Summer that he got into it with Baron Davis during a pick up game in Los Angeles. If he's going to trash talk and disrespect a top NBA player while he's fresh out of high school, what do you think he's going to be like when he's an NBA player? Scary thought. He's an extremely selfish player and will worry about getting his more than he will winning. He's already doing it in Summer League over-dribbling and trying to show off on his way to 20 turnvers in 4 games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
I still think Mayo has a personal issues that will emerge as his career goes on. His problem is that he knows he's a good player and for him, its above arrogance. There was news last Summer that he got into it with Baron Davis during a pick up game in Los Angeles. If he's going to trash talk and disrespect a top NBA player while he's fresh out of high school, what do you think he's going to be like when he's an NBA player? Scary thought. He's an extremely selfish player and will worry about getting his more than he will winning. He's already doing it in Summer League over-dribbling and trying to show off on his way to 20 turnvers in 4 games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Its the summer league. Everyone plays selfishly. They all want to show nba teams that they can play. He will play with in the system. But also be allowed to play his game. And I like that he went at baron davis. He shouldnt back down to anyone even if it is an nba player.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #12
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
PG-Conley
SG-Mayo
SF-Gay
PF-Milicic
C-Gasol

I love that core for you guys especially with guys like Darrell Arthur, Hakim Warrick, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittenton off the bench. You guys will have a very fun team to watch and Im jumping on the Memphis bandwagon. The Clippers are still my favorite team but you guys have just kicked Atlanta off the curb and taken over as my 2nd favorite team.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Much love cause I dindnt even care about the grzz until they got mayo so now im rocking the grizz blue
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I love that core for you guys especially with guys like Darrell Arthur, Hakim Warrick, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittenton off the bench. You guys will have a very fun team to watch and Im jumping on the Memphis bandwagon. The Clippers are still my favorite team but you guys have just kicked Atlanta off the curb and taken over as my 2nd favorite team.

Yeah man the futre actually looks ok for the grizz. Another season or two and this squad will be fighting for position.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

you still have a first round pick in 09 draft from the lakers right? even though the draft class next year is kinda weak an additional draft would certainly help i know its top 10 protected right? you guys can get earl clark or tyler smith as a backup for Gay.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: