Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
well there's others who couldn't make the roster due to personal issues and injury.

are we going to talk about those players as well because the way this supposed to work, all these players are going to get a chance to play on TEAM USA. as far as how it pans out for bejing is how EVERYONE does so they can finalize that squad.
Apart from kobe and Arenas who else is there? I don't remember. Michael Redd?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #17
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Apart from kobe and Arenas who else is there? I don't remember. Michael Redd?

the overall team usa roster has 24 players (i think).
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
Steven A Smith
I hit open layups

Steven A Smith has an OK reputation so far

I'm just shocked reading this article along with some of yall's responses. When we talking about Kobe Bryant, we talking about arguably the best all around player in the game today. And some of you actually think he makes team USA worst. Come here so I can smack ya.
Steven A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven A Smith
I'm just shocked reading this article along with some of yall's responses. When we talking about Kobe Bryant, we talking about arguably the best all around player in the game today. And some of you actually think he makes team USA worst. Come here so I can smack ya.

*blocks clumsy smack attempt*

*gives quick chop to the neck*

The Kobe that showed up in the Pistons series would not help the USA. That Kobe was a chucking, non passing non factor.

The Kobe that showed up for a couple of games in the Suns series would help the US. The question is which version we'd get. It's all about to how much of his quite sizeable ego he can put aside.

Only a fool would say that Kobe couldn't be a valuable asset to the team. However, only a fool wouldn't be speculative about how he'd play.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
The overall attitude is really a product of James and Wade, who have founded an unselfish style that is shocking the international basketball world that long ago tagged American stars as snobbish and self-centered.

And people said that it couldn't be done. This whole tournament has already been a huge plus, and if they win the whole thing it will start to bring about a new aura to the Team USA concept.

The media was ready to pounce with all kinds of negative sh*t, but the success so far, with no internal drama, has really shut them up.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #21
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
First of all, if the US wins the title, I don't see how you can demote any of the top three players from captain.
Me neither.

Quote:
So that begs the question of how Kobe would take it if he wasn't named captain. Then you have the question of just how much Bryant would be willing to defer.
I'm pretty sure he would defer. I mean, I'm sure Kobe knows to not expect to go out there and shoot 20 shots a game, etc. The concept in itself is about team work. Even more so than an NBA team.

Quote:
Those are big questions. Will he want to come in and be THE MAN on the team, or just another contributor?
Most likely, just a contributer, like everyone else.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #22
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Question is do we really need Kobe? we don't KNOW how he would play and considering we've won by like 20 every game and we'll be getting Billups, Amare and Redd in the Olympics plus all the kids will have 2 more yrs experience. Do we really need to take a chance that Kobe will fit in?
Kobe is more of a lock than Billups. Kobe was the first guy asked to the team. They wanted to build around him.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #23
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
And just out of curiosity, why didn't Kobe end up playing for the team. Was it because of the surgury, or did he just pull himself out, or what?
Doing a little knee touch up surgery. He didn't have full mobility in his right knee last year. So it effected his whole game. He couldn't get up as high. He said in an interview two weeks ago, during a press junket for a school he is opening, that he is so excited and antsy to get out there with the guys. He will be meeting up with them in Japan for the medal rounds to cheer them on, and help LeBron with the Nike promotion.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #24
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Loki, I sent you one more PM. It only has 2 questions, because I know you have alot going on in your life. Can you please answer it?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #25
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

The thing is, even if they win the Worlds....that's nothing compared to the Olympics. Guys like Jaskevicius, Okur, Turkoglu, and a ton of Serbs etc.. all skipped this tourney but Im sure they'll be there for the Olympics. I dont think Coach K will feel safe going to the Olympics with the roster they have right now. Kobe will make it. Amare will as long as he's healthy again. Redd and Billups both have reasonable chances to make it too, just not sure who you cut.

All im saying is: Just because you can win the WC's with this roster, that doesnt guarantee anything for the Olympics. Other countries will be coming harder, so they'll need to respond.

BTW, Team Canada = 2008 Olympics Champs :)
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
And people said that it couldn't be done. This whole tournament has already been a huge plus, and if they win the whole thing it will start to bring about a new aura to the Team USA concept.

The media was ready to pounce with all kinds of negative sh*t, but the success so far, with no internal drama, has really shut them up.

I am glad someone got the point of the article.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Loki, I sent you one more PM. It only has 2 questions, because I know you have alot going on in your life. Can you please answer it?

Loki hasn't posted in this thread yet...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #28
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

News flash the US has beaten a bunch of nobodies besides Italy which was really close. Get to me when they beat Serbia and Montenegro or Spain or Argentina. Until then I think every1 needs to be quiet about the US sucess.

Also Lebron himself doesnt fit too well with this team either so he should watch who he criticizes. He overdribbles and 0 iq when it comes to zone.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #29
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
News flash the US has beaten a bunch of nobodies besides Italy which was really close. Get to me when they beat Serbia and Montenegro or Spain or Argentina. Until then I think every1 needs to be quiet about the US sucess.

Also Lebron himself doesnt fit too well with this team either so he should watch who he criticizes. He overdribbles and 0 iq when it comes to zone.
No matter what the level of competition has been up until this point, you have to admit that things have been far more positive than in the '04 Olympics. By now, LB was complaining about everything and everyone and feuding with Carmelo.

Very quietly, Team USA is building momentum, averaging the highest ppg in the tournament so far -- 15 pts better than #2. They're sharing the ball, and no one is being accused of being selfish. Both Wade and LeBron have set good examples, and the whole squad is following along.

I count this as a big success so far, based on what happened in the last few international tournaments.

LeBron has one of the highest bball IQs around. He'll adjust and play well; count on it.

Last edited by Shepseskaf : 08-29-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #30
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
No matter what the level of competition has been up until this point, you have to admit that things have been far more positive than in the '04 Olympics. By now, LB was complaining about everything and everyone and feuding with Carmelo.

Very quietly, Team USA is building momentum, averaging the highest ppg in the tournament so far -- 15 pts better than #2. They're sharing the ball, and no one is being accused of being selfish. Both Wade and LeBron have set good examples, and the whole squad is following along.

I count this as a big success so far, based on what happened in the last few international tournaments.

LeBron has one of the highest bball IQs around. He'll adjust and play well; count on it.

So if they are scoring 15 points more than the next team but also only have the second highest point differential that raises a flag in my book. Maybe the US is playing bad defense???? You have to remember that Spain and Argentina are blowing teams out too!!!!
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: