Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #31
BrownBaller
I airball my layups

BrownBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why the hell isn't Bargnani taking part in summerleague?

i apologize for my incoherent-ness, basicaly i just dont see wright doing anything because they have randolph who pretty much is the same player, unless wright plays SF (but he has no jump shot) OR they play at randolph at SF but Nellie-ball is pretty small oriented..ANYWAY enough about G-State

I also am shocked at Bargs regression, a lot of people are giving him one more chance, but I say we parlay joey's half decent play in summer league and whats left of Bargs potential into a package and sell high, because if Bargs plays like last season it might be hard to get anything out of him... I just don't know WHY he is so shattered and also i think Colangelo coddles him too much...
BrownBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
its not that he's not "good" per say, its that he wastes a truck load off talent because of confidence issues. You don't get paid millions of dollars to suddenly realize you're scared of playing up to your hype
I agree that he's capable of being a viable and good NBA player.. but he hasn't proven it yet. And I tend to lean more towards actual game action rather than sets and drills. Do people think he's gonna get more confidence practicing? He's been doing that for two years and it's made no difference. If he was in summer league, his confidence would grow by playing against rookies and scrubs. Off the top of my head I know that Gerald Green, Kevin Durant, Nate Robinson, Ronaldo Balkman, and a bunch of other 2-3 year players are in summer league and are probably planning to attend a team practice when its done as well. It's not a huge obligation, he could do both.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #33
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I agree that he's capable of being a viable and good NBA player.. but he hasn't proven it yet. And I tend to lean more towards actual game action rather than sets and drills. Do people think he's gonna get more confidence practicing? He's been doing that for two years and it's made no difference. If he was in summer league, his confidence would grow by playing against rookies and scrubs. Off the top of my head I know that Gerald Green, Kevin Durant, Nate Robinson, Ronaldo Balkman, and a bunch of other 2-3 year players are in summer league and are probably planning to attend a team practice when its done as well. It's not a huge obligation, he could do both.

Bokes, Green, Durant, Robinson, Balkman and just about anybody else you would have mentioned did not play summer ball the last two years representing their country trying to make it to the Olympics. Bargs played his last year in Italy through the playoff to the championships, get's drafted first overalll and plays for Italy in the summer. He then plays his first full year in the NBA and returns to Italy for another summer of international ball. By the time his second season starts in the NBA he hasn't had a break. He got ripped by the Italian coach in the Italian press last summer that I think really hurt his confidense coming into last season and he never recovered.

Bargs need's some time away from the game. I still think that hitting the weights and putting 10 to 15 pounds of muscle is the best thing he can do before he get's to the big man camp. Nothing brings confidense like new found mass.

I still think Bargs has lot to show us, and like everybody else I hope he does. He's not a washout because Q say's he is. Q just does not like Bargs, I respect that. I was not the biggest TJ fan. But think back to his first year, Bargs made some sweet plays. That between his legs bounce pass to Bosh following him in the paint, coaching does not teach a player that, that's conected. He's got it in him, he just need's to step up, and I think he will.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #34
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

I’m not sure if some people think Andrea Bargnani’s been lying on the couch snacking on bon-bons all summer (I get a lot of questions asking if he’s “been following the program and working out”) but he hasn’t been.

And they’ll get to check on him as early as tomorrow.

I’m told he’s supposed to be at Impact Basketball, the venerable workout gym in Las Vegas, either tomorrow or Sunday for a week and then he’s sticking around to work at Tim Grgich’s big man camp right after that.

And he won’t be too far from the prying eyes of his bosses. Strength and conditioning guru Keith D’Amelia will be around Impact and Eric Hughes, who’s been coaching the summer league team, is going to be a guest coach at the big man camp.

So, yes, Bargnani is doing stuff.

There’ll be a big group of Raptors at Impact, too, I’m told.

Jermaine O’Neal’s there almost every day, Hassan Adams is sticking around after the summer league’s over and so is Nathan Jawai.

Bargs is not snacking on bon bons & JO is working out everyday. Things are looking good for next season.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #35
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Well, they are two professional basketball players with a lot to prove this season...so I would expect nothing less then them actually working on their game.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why are people acting like it something special/out of the ordinary for an NBA player to train, lift weights, and attempt to improve his game in the offseason? He's a number 1 pick, he doesn't make 5 mill a year to sit on his hands and/or play for his italian league. I'm happy to hear that he's working on his strength and working with a big man coach, but at the same time, and I can't stress this enough, the only way for Bargnani to remove that negative perception that many of us have is to prove it out there on the court when the season starts like Bynum did. Until then im not getting overly excited by that news.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #37
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Why are people acting like it something special/out of the ordinary for an NBA player to train, lift weights, and attempt to improve his game in the offseason? He's a number 1 pick, he doesn't make 5 mill a year to sit on his hands and/or play for his italian league. I'm happy to hear that he's working on his strength and working with a big man coach, but at the same time, and I can't stress this enough, the only way for Bargnani to remove that negative perception that many of us have is to prove it out there on the court when the season starts like Bynum did. Until then im not getting overly excited by that news.

Read your last sentense again and read your own first post here. Not getting excited...lol
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Read your last sentense again and read your own first post here. Not getting excited...lol
My first post was when I was uninformed of where he was.. whats your point?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: