Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Blazers summer league game 2 discussion (vs Kings)

Bayless is off to a similar start. 11 points, 2-4 fg, 6 for 6 ft, 5 rebounds in the first quarter.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Blazers summer league game 2 discussion (vs Kings)

They played well, but from yesterday and today, I'm really dissapointed with Bayless' shooting.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, his jump shot needs improvement.

I couldn't believe the dumb@ss no name guy on the Blazers that didn't foul when the Kings got that rebound with over a second left. There was still a chance.

Batum sucked again.

And I still believe Koponen needs to replace Sergio.

Edit: Oh, and Koponen looked pretty bad on defense today, but then again, Sergio sucks at that too.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I'm still just mad that Bayless is not doing that well. He's playing kind of sloppy, his shot is very bad...I mean I didn't see him make one jump-shot (I'm sure he did though...). I don't even care about the loss, they play so sloppy its hard to even watch the whole thing. Plus, what are chances they woud have won have they fouled that dude...with like 1.2 on the clock?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Myth

Slow down with the "not doing very well" comments buddy. He is averaging 27 ppg in these games he is "not doing very well" in (6 rebounds tonight too). Could he improve his jumpshot? Sure (he did hit a 3 and at least 2 other jump shots by the way, including one that tied the game to send it to overtime). He also was a much better play maker in this second game. He only had 2 assists, but had several other plays that easily could have been assists. I really loved the play towards the end of regulation where he started with the ball up top, got doubled and made a good pass to the open guy in the corner, which opened up a layup when the defense rotated. That play was made possible by Bayless and it was a thing of beauty.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #6
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Yeah, I guess its just hard to think about him doing well when all his points are at the foul line, but I s'pose thats doing something. He really needs a good jumper though -.-

Hopefully practicing around a real team will get his stuff worked in.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
Myth

I think the problem is that many people had hoped for a pure point guard for so long that we are hoping this guy will some how become that type of player. But he isn't that type and we need to embrace what he is. We need to think of him in Jarrett Jack's role but potentially a better version of Jack.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Oh, and Koponen looked pretty bad on defense today, but then again, Sergio sucks at that too.
Most of that was because he was guarding Douby about half the time (much to my disappointment Singletary rarely tried to do anything against him). Douby's a much stronger and more physical guard than Koponen is at the moment and he's going to have trouble with those kind of guards until his body matures. Although it should be pointed out that he's playing smart defense for the most part, so that's a plus.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #9
Myth

Yeah, but Douby doesn't necessarily strike fear in me. If he can't guard him, then that suggests he'll be a pretty big handicap on the D side of things when playing in the big league. Still, I like him more than Sergio.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, but Douby doesn't necessarily strike fear in me. If he can't guard him, then that suggests he'll be a pretty big handicap on the D side of things when playing in the big league. Still, I like him more than Sergio.
Well keep in mind that if he does play in the NBA that when he goes up against stronger point guards, he'll have an actual NBA frontline behind him instead of guys like Josh Davis and Steven Hill. Not to mention that at this point, it's really just an issue of putting muscle on his upper body, which should work itseld out in time.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #11
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Myth, you're blowing Bayless' numbers out of proportion here. Yes he's averaging 27 points, but it's in Summer League on a team with no other real scoring threat. Kopponen can hit outside shots, but thats about it. Everyone else can't make shots.

Batum, like I said is a project and just another Travis Outlaw, he's not going to be good for another couple years.

The only guys that I would like signed to the Blazers that are not yet signed are Bernard Robinson for his defense and hustle and Petteri Kopponen. I heard Batum is taking the 14th roster spot and that the Blazers will more than likely sign Kopponen so I guess Robinson is out
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Myth, you're blowing Bayless' numbers out of proportion here. Yes he's averaging 27 points, but it's in Summer League on a team with no other real scoring threat.

How am I blowing his numbers out of proportion? All I said was that he is averaging 27 points and disagreed with the 'he's not doing very well' comment. I wasn't worshiping his 27 point average by any means. If it is the Jarrett Jack comment that made you think I'm blowing things out of proportion, keep in mind that I even said "potentially a better version of Jarrett Jack." I said that based on watching the way he drove, not due to his point totals by the way.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: