Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blazers' summer league game 1 discussion

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not expecting him to be a Chris Paul type player :)
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #17
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Okay, just watched the middle part of the game. I know, a weird way to watch a game, but it gets the job done. Bayless looked pretty good, but I really hope that he was told to just score. Either way, I haven't watched much summer leauge before, is this a good representation of what we will see from him during the season?....because I really hope he looks a little more professional.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #18
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Okay, just watched the middle part of the game. I know, a weird way to watch a game, but it gets the job done. Bayless looked pretty good, but I really hope that he was told to just score. Either way, I haven't watched much summer leauge before, is this a good representation of what we will see from him during the season?....because I really hope he looks a little more professional.

He was. I heard on the radio (before the game even started) them talking about Bayless being told to attack the rim every time.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #19
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

bayless was passing and trying to put up assist however its just that the shots werent falling so he decided to take it to the rack because admit it the summerleague roster of our team is pretty weak. kaponen and bayless pretty much showed that they have to score bigtime for them to win ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #20
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

If he was told to score then nobody today on the radio would be scolding him would they?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
If he was told to score then nobody today on the radio would be scolding him would they?

Its no different than people scolding him on here even though he was told to score
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Ok, Jason Quick was even scolding him. I'm sure he would've known if he was told to just be a scorer or not.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #23
Myth

Regardless, people are hoping he becomes what he is not, a pure point guard. As I said in the other thread, if he becomes an upgrade over Jarrett Jack in the next few years, then that is not necessarily a huge problem.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

True, he will never be a true point guard. He'll be a Gilbert Arenas. What will his role be if Rudy is proves to be a better than he is and is also a combo guard?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
Myth

Quote:
True, he will never be a true point guard. He'll be a Gilbert Arenas. What will his role be if Rudy is proves to be a better than he is and is also a combo guard?

I think Rudy will be more of a SG/SF while Bayless will be more of the combo guard type. I see Rudy as more of the off ball scorer that doesn't require as much dribbling to score (lots of cuts and spot up shots). Bayless will be the guy that is kicked to and then drives. If for whatever reason their roles conflict, then obviously a change would be needed sometime down the line, but at least their trade value should be high to nab a player that fits in better.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

You know what I just thought of, I know people are saying that Jerryd can't be groomed into this, but he is still VERY young. Jerryd could be the new Tony Parker. Parker wasn't much of a passer when he entered the league and played exactly like Jerryd is right now. I can't see why he can't turn into Tony Parker type of player. Just draw up plays that allow him to drive and maybe free up Roy with a high post pick or a low post pick between Oden and Aldridge to free up one of them for a dish and dunk.

I really think Pritchard is building a SAS team right now

Bayless - Parker (develope passing game)
Webster - Bowen (developing to become lock down defender)
Aldridge - Duncan (developing rebounding game)
Oden - Robinson (developing 15 foot jumper and hook)
Fernandez - Ginobli (already like Ginobli)
Outlaw - Malik Rose (undersized hustle power forward, well being groomed to be power forward but with better offensive game)

Roy is the type of player the Spurs never had so maybe they'll be a little better than that squad.

Last edited by BlazersDozen : 07-16-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
Myth

Quote:
You know what I just thought of, I know people are saying that Jerryd can't be groomed into this, but he is still VERY young. Jerryd could be the new Tony Parker. Parker wasn't much of a passer when he

I don't think of Tony Parker as a pure point guard. He is a scoring point guard that can make good plays. I agree Bayless can be groomed to be that type of player. A pass first point guard is what I believe Bayless can't effectively be groomed to be. Ultimately I think Bayless could end up being a cross between Parker and Barbosa.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't think of Tony Parker as a pure point guard. He is a scoring point guard that can make good plays. I agree Bayless can be groomed to be that type of player. A pass first point guard is what I believe Bayless can't effectively be groomed to be. Ultimately I think Bayless could end up being a cross between Parker and Monta.

fixed. barbosa is simply a lightning quick guy who only passes if he cant shoot it.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #29
Myth

That definition describes Bayless in these first few summer league games. He has showed the ability to run by people on a break and he only has been passing if forced to or behind the 3-point line.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #30
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
That definition describes Bayless in these first few summer league games. He has showed the ability to run by people on a break and he only has been passing if forced to or behind the 3-point line.

bayless can pass its just that he had better teammates in college than these guys in the summer league with the exemption of koponen
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: