Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Which PG would you like to see come in??

It looks like the Pacers have every position on lock, except PG. Jamaal is a great player but doesnt play much. Who would you like to see come in and take the starting PG from Tinsely??? Personally i wouldnt mind seeing someone like Arroyo from Magic come in. What do u guys think??
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i like who they got now. they chose to keep tinsley and he can be one of the best bandhandlers in the game if he stays healthy and productive. i really don't know about jasikevicius though. he came out nicely but went nowhere towards the end of the season. armstrong is a decent pg who had a mediocre career. i'm betting that we will see daniels play pg a bit.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i'm betting that we will see daniels play pg a bit.
ya that would be nice...imagine having a PG at his size...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
ApNeDtRiEeW
I airball my layups

ApNeDtRiEeW has an OK reputation so far

we just hired tinsleys old coach from iowa....most likely to make tinsley want to play and not pout on the bench

i'd like to stick with tins and see how he does in this current situatuon...if he plays he will flourish
ApNeDtRiEeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApNeDtRiEeW
we just hired tinsleys old coach from iowa....most likely to make tinsley want to play and not pout on the bench

i'd like to stick with tins and see how he does in this current situatuon...if he plays he will flourish

i sure hope so. he has shown flashes of brilliance in the past and can be a great player if healthy and if he can regain his outside shooting touch. he is an incredible ballhandler and a decent playmaker. they wouldn't have signed him to such a long term deal if he wasn't any good, you know what i mean?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

it would be good to have tinsely back to his regular.....imagine we had a PG like Francis, but that FOR SURE wouldnt happen because of his contract...but it would be an amazing starting 5 lineup
Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default well well well well

Hopefully Jamaal Tinsley can stay healthy, because when healthy he is one hell of a point. Jasikevicius had a good first half rookie season, but hit that damned wall that a lot of rookies hit. I would expect Jasikevicius to have a nice season. He also is their best three point shooter. Oriene Greene is a nice defender, ball handler, and competitor. Snap Hunter is a nice scoring and passing point guard. We could also see White and Daniels doing some point guard duties as well.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
Hopefully Jamaal Tinsley can stay healthy, because when healthy he is one hell of a point. Jasikevicius had a good first half rookie season, but hit that damned wall that a lot of rookies hit. I would expect Jasikevicius to have a nice season. He also is their best three point shooter. Oriene Greene is a nice defender, ball handler, and competitor. Snap Hunter is a nice scoring and passing point guard. We could also see White and Daniels doing some point guard duties as well.

nice post. i agree w/ everything u mentioned. i had wanted indy to initially get rid of jamaal and keep johnson, but they are totally rearranging their offense and he looks to be the pg that best fits. he is a great player to watch if he can get back to playing at his full potential.

i've never seen greene play so i can't comment on him, but i have seen snap play in preseason games(via nba.com, not live unfortunately) and he seems like a legit scorer. i'm sure we'll see daniels playing point also.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #9
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Like jbot, I agree with most of your post, mateo. I think Sarunas can really be a very good back up point. However, I have a problem with this part:

Quote:
We could also see White and Daniels doing some point guard duties as well.

I think that this would be a huge problem. Neither guy is a point. Daniels may have played at the point for short times in Dallas, but that's not a good thing. White has never played point (as far as I know), so the Pacers would be asking him to not only adjust to the NBA but also to a new position. Don't get me wrong, I think both of these guys can be very good players (Daniels in particular has All Star potential, IMO), but asking either to play the point would be a mistake.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Default cool

Well scipio Marquis Daniels shared a lot of the ball handling duties in Dallas, and I even observed him setting up and running plays as a point in Dallas. He would also be good to use on defense aganist some of the big point guards in the league (ex. chauncey billups). I respect your opinion, but I would expect to possibly see Daniels manning the point at some point during the season. White actually did play some point during his career with Cinncinnatti, but as we all know the point guard spot in the NBA is different. Like Daniels White is a good ball handler and decent passer, all formulas to operate the point on a part time basis. He too is a nice big defender to use at the point. These two probably won't play point a whole lot, but they have the versatility to play it. That is a HUGE reason why Larry & Donnie aquired them. Of course your more than welcome to disagree, no bad blood.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Well scipio Marquis Daniels shared a lot of the ball handling duties in Dallas, and I even observed him setting up and running plays as a point in Dallas. He would also be good to use on defense aganist some of the big point guards in the league (ex. chauncey billups). I respect your opinion, but I would expect to possibly see Daniels manning the point at some point during the season. White actually did play some point during his career with Cinncinnatti, but as we all know the point guard spot in the NBA is different. Like Daniels White is a good ball handler and decent passer, all formulas to operate the point on a part time basis. He too is a nice big defender to use at the point. These two probably won't play point a whole lot, but they have the versatility to play it. That is a HUGE reason why Larry & Donnie aquired them. Of course your more than welcome to disagree, no bad blood.

carlisle is going to experiment w/ the lineups again, you can count on that. with that in mind, you can count on daniels playing the point every now and then. i think white will have his hands full trying to get playing time at the 2 spot.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Certainly no bad blood, mateo. I like hearing different opinions.

That said, I really do think it would be a bad thing if Daniels or White saw time at the point this season. The offense will be changing this season, and our two main options (JO and Harrington) are not ball handlers. We need a point who can come in and run the offense well, and at times create shots for others. Tinsley can do this, so he's the starter and should see most of the minutes when and if he's healthy. Sarunas can do this to an extent as well, and I think he should improve this season since he has (hopefully) adjusted somewhat to the league. Can Armstrong do this? I'm not so certain. So perhaps Daniels will have to play the point at times, but I think this would be problem because he's not best suited (in my view) to running the team, but rather to slashing, scoring, and kicking the ball out to open teammates. I just think that if this team is going to open up the offense and run more, it needs a traditional point guard.

I am very hopeful about what Daniels can bring to the team this year. I hope Carlisle will let him and Jackson compete for the starting position, because I think Daniels can win, and because I think Daniels will ultimately be the Pacers' starting 2 for most of his time here. I definitely think that Daniels needs to be on the court when Sarunas is playing. Sarunas struggled at times handling the ball last year, and the Pacers did not really have a good ball handler at the other positions who could help him out. Daniels can also help cover for Sarunas on the defensive side.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:21 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

jamaal tinsley is good.

But i dont think he will play a full 82 game season. His body can't take it at this point but he can still be a very affective 6th man.

But you guys should search for a new pg to take the full time spot.

And i think someone mentioned arroyo. that would be great for you guys arroyo deserves a starting spot and you guys deserve a great gaurd like him since you guys have fought so many years and come up short.

time for you guys to get back on the 50+ winning scene
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Well thanks lakersfreak, hopefully we do get back to winning 50+ games. I can't say the same about the Lakers though. hehe just kidding (sorry I tried not to say it) I honestly feel if Jamaal Tinsley & Jermaine O'Neal can get 70 games in, than the Pacers will have a very successful season. I am really rooting for Jamaal & JO this year, I want to see them succeed.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:52 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well thanks lakersfreak, hopefully we do get back to winning 50+ games. I can't say the same about the Lakers though. hehe just kidding (sorry I tried not to say it)

lol its okay im also a pacer fan
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: