Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Oklahoma City basketball arena

Anyone up to date on the Oklahoma City basketball arena situation?

I'm going to have to look it up.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Oklahoma City basketball arena

Most likely theyll be playing in Ford Stadium.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
unconcerned
Can barely lace up my sneakers

unconcerned has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Oklahoma City basketball arena

The Ford Center was built in 2002. I believe it seats around 19,500. It's a nice arena, but the interior currently just isn't as nice as the interior of other NBA arenas I've visited. However, in April, OKC voted in favor $120 million renovation plan paid for with a .1 sales tax increase. They will add more suites, improve lighting, add restaurants and bars, and just generally improve the finish of the arena to make the concourse areas nicer and more up to par with other NBA arenas. I believe also a new scoreboard will be put in.

Part of the $120 million will also go to building a practice facility for the team.

The Ford Center is located on the southern edge of downtown OKC, just to the west of the Bricktown entertainment district and immediately north of I-40.
unconcerned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconcerned
The Ford Center was built in 2002. I believe it seats around 19,500. It's a nice arena, but the interior currently just isn't as nice as the interior of other NBA arenas I've visited. However, in April, OKC voted in favor $120 million renovation plan paid for with a .1 sales tax increase. They will add more suites, improve lighting, add restaurants and bars, and just generally improve the finish of the arena to make the concourse areas nicer and more up to par with other NBA arenas. I believe also a new scoreboard will be put in.

Part of the $120 million will also go to building a practice facility for the team.

The Ford Center is located on the southern edge of downtown OKC, just to the west of the Bricktown entertainment district and immediately north of I-40.

luxury boxes--- thats what we want to know--- how many luxury boxes will there be and how much do they run?

thats what the nba and owners want most (except for maybe the conseco fieldhouse)
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
unconcerned

I'm really not sure about how many or how much they run. I know they are adding more, I'm just not sure about the #. Wikipedia shows that there are currently 49 luxury suites.

The wording for the improvements say "additional suites (including so-called 'bunker suites')".

Anyone want to enlighten me on what "bunker suites" are?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconcerned
I'm really not sure about how many or how much they run. I know they are adding more, I'm just not sure about the #. Wikipedia shows that there are currently 49 luxury suites.

The wording for the improvements say "additional suites (including so-called 'bunker suites')".

Anyone want to enlighten me on what "bunker suites" are?

once you start watching durant throw up bricks, the bunker is the safest place to be in the buiding so you wont hurt yourself from the chucking (and can get free drinks to drown your sorrows from watching it
Old 07-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
unconcerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
once you start watching durant throw up bricks, the bunker is the safest place to be in the buiding so you wont hurt yourself from the chucking (and can get free drinks to drown your sorrows from watching it

Clever. Anyone with a real answer?

Last edited by unconcerned : 07-21-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

it needs to be renamed to thunderdome
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
it needs to be renamed to thunderdome

and you can sign vernon (mad max) maxwell to be part of your organization-- maybe an assistant coach
Old 07-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

Quote:
It not Durants fault Seattle lost their team...
Buffalobraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
It not Durants fault Seattle lost their team...
youre right-- the fact that he is chucker has nothing to do with the move
Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

Quote:
youre right-- the fact that he is chucker has nothing to do with the move
7 Months ago Durant would be your hope for the future.
Buffalobraves is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: