Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Who is better, Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson?

When healthy, of course. Ridnour was hurt a lot last year.

How do you compare those two players?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who is better, Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson?

Earl Watson is the least inconsistant one out of the two, but both are super inconsistant.. so its not saying much...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #3
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

varies from day to day
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
$14.98
I airball my layups

$14.98 has an OK reputation so far

When he first came in the league, Luke seemed to have a tremendous upside. But he keeps not playing to his potential or up to his reputation of PAC10 POY.

I still see Luke being the better offensive PG thatn Earl.
$14.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Its rare that I can catch a Sonics game but when I did last season, Earl's motor never stopped running. Every game I watched he was dropping dimes, hitting the outside shot, and playing very aggressive and spectacular on ball defense. I'd rather see Watson get the majority of the minutes than Ridnour.

Also OKlahoma fans, is there any chance the UCLA duo of Watson and Westbrook start together in the backcourt?
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
FAhusky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

FAhusky has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Its rare that I can catch a Sonics game but when I did last season, Earl's motor never stopped running. Every game I watched he was dropping dimes, hitting the outside shot, and playing very aggressive and spectacular on ball defense. I'd rather see Watson get the majority of the minutes than Ridnour.

Also OKlahoma fans, is there any chance the UCLA duo of Watson and Westbrook start together in the backcourt?

You may see Watson & Westbrook and hope that Westbrook is the type to successfully snip the wires on the bomb cause Watson hasn't the cool. Does anyone know if presti is still planning to package Ridnour & Wilcox in a trade.
FAhusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
oksportsguy

oksportsguy has an OK reputation so far

It's pretty hard to find out what their plan is, they have every one running around talking about what the team is going to be named. Nobody from the team is talking about any thing but, where they are going to practice, where their office is going to be, and the NAME.

I for one have just about had it, they just need to call them Oklahoma City Not the Sonics(NTS), and get down to basketball.
oksportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

Trade them both for a decent point guard that can consistently get assists.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
JO_CB_FTW

JO_CB_FTW has an OK reputation so far

I will go for Earl Watson
JO_CB_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #10
FAhusky

Guess Cleveland, Denver, Houston & Milwaukee all have serious interest in Ridnour. I doubt he is going to be anybody's 3rd string back PG, he's got too much untapped upside and can be counted on to stay out of police cars. My guess he'll be a starter again in a short while.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAhusky
Guess Cleveland, Denver, Houston & Milwaukee all have serious interest in Ridnour. I doubt he is going to be anybody's 3rd string back PG, he's got too much untapped upside and can be counted on to stay out of police cars. My guess he'll be a starter again in a short while.

Heres an Idea because they are shopping around Wilcox too and Houston dosen't need Battier [recent signing of Artest].

To Oklahoma City

Luis Scola
Salary: $3,100,667 Years Remaining: 2

Aaron Brooks
Salary: $1,045,560 Years Remaining: 1

Shane Battier
Salary: $6,373,900 Years Remaining: 3

To Houston

Chris Wilcox
Salary: $6,750,000 Years Remaining: 1

Luke Ridnour
Salary: $6,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
FAhusky

Both given equal playing time with core group do similarly well but Ridnour seems to be the best decision maker and often doesn't get caught in mid air resulting in an intercepted pass. Watson plays a bit more physical but that in no way makes him a better defender. Ridnour's defense has improved quite a bit. His off ball vision creates alot of deflections and steals. On offense Watson has become predictable. When he decides it's his turn to shoot his court vision narrows dramatically. Ridnour's vision, decision making and passing are his biggest attributes. That's why those teams looking for a pass first PG are currently interested in him.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

RIDNOUR

no doubt about it
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Ridnour!
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
FAhusky

Watson, at eating crispy cremes, tatoo artistry and kissing up to PJ, No Mas!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: