Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Camby to the Clippers?! For a 2nd round draft pick?!?!?!?!?!

Come on, management, seriously. I realize getting rid of his contract will relieve some payroll issues, but he was the glue to the nuggets, the mother****ing captain!!!! If you're looking to get rid of some money, get kmart out of there, not the leagues best blocker.

Any ideas as to who will be our starting center now? A healthy nene? Perhaps nuggets have some trades up their sleeves? Because it better be worth it for camby.

Last edited by OneMoreSucka : 07-15-2008 at 09:46 PM.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Camby to the Clippers?! For a 2nd round draft pick?!?!?!?!?!

this is unbelievable

marcus camby has been our second best player over the last 5 years and he is given away???

if they were just giving away a player there is absoulutly no question who it should be (ok maybe you could choose kmart also possibly)

my only hope now is that the 10 million dollar trade exemption will be the key to unloading iverson

this is sick- nugs are currently a terrible baskeball team- & jr is the next on the giveaway list

these clowns running the team should be embaresed- how could that many heads be so stupid??

i believe alexis ajinca is a future star, & i know that camby & najera were two of our most important players- giving away 3 frontcourt players leaves us with a big man rotation of??? kmart, nene, steven hunter &?? jelani mccoy and maybe david harrison-

i have the exact same feeling as when the rockies paid the cardinals 20-30 million dollars to take the best baseball player our city has ever had- larry walker & marcus camby should both hate denver- they were wronged by a combo of cheapness and stupidity

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 07-15-2008 at 11:06 PM.
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

the only way i will like this move is if we can somehow nab okafor.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/camby_080715.html

its done!

We arent going anywhere, we arent going anywhere with the current squad..

the management is incapable of doing any trade, or just anything..becoz of ****ing over the cap situation...
now camby is gone, we gotta see sthg..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

yall overrating camby. he hurt this team as much as he helped them. he is great off man defender but 1 v 1 he gets killed every time. and he also thinks hes pg and plays outta position. he should be posting up instead of taking perimeter shots... we didnt lose much but some defense...if nene and kmart come back fully loaded next season the nuggets will be much better defensevily especially if melo puts some effort into it and they actually start playing team defense. but the biggest problem is coaching he should have been fired long time ago...if something goes wrong its mostly cuz karl doesnt know how to coach. nuggets will make the playoffs..mark my words
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

By far one of the most idiotic move by Denver, right next to not firing Karl. I understand that they are deep into the luxury tax and want to save some money, but if all you can get out of getting rid of him in addition for money was a future 2nd round pick, well then Denver management is as dumb as a f*cking brick. They could've at least tried to trade him for a guy like Okafor, but instead they literally give him away for a 2nd round pick, which oh by the way, Denver will probably trade away anyways. If they are trying to piss the fans off, then they have succeeded, now the only thing left for them to do is let J.R. walk to another team and if that is the case then what the hell is the point in rooting for this team anymore. AI has one year left and we all know that he will leave, especially with Camby gone now, whom he has regarded as the most important key to the Nuggets success. And if AI leaves then Melo is the only one left and has no help. That is a future that I am definetly not looking forward to.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Well we can count us out of the playoffs this season. In order to cut payroll and have over 30 million to spend NEXT season the Nuggets have agreed to scrap this season. They say more moves are coming so who's next to leave Denver?

Obviously the Nuggets don't give a damn about their fans since they have basically given up on this season. Can't depend on Nene or K mart for a whole season. And when they went down who stepped up...Eddie.. oh that's right he is gone!

Sorry but this season is gloom and doom
!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #8
paguy1955
High School Starter

Ok can't sleep so here we go! Off the books next season AI 20.8 Camby 10.0 .3.2 Chuck 10.0 exception....so they will have over 40 million to spend next offseason...Here is your assignment. who will be the top restricted and urestricted free agents in 2009?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Ok can't sleep so here we go! Off the books next season AI 20.8 Camby 10.0 .3.2 Chuck 10.0 exception....so they will have over 40 million to spend next offseason...Here is your assignment. who will be the top restricted and urestricted free agents in 2009?

this is simply not true- those salary spots do not get to be replaced if they expire- w melo, kmart, nene, & either or hopefully both JR or kleiza the nugs will already be STILL OVER THE CAP-

the only way to use those salaries to change players is to trade them before they expire- this is why im so focused on the fact that IVERSON MUST BE TRADED- if his contract expires it will then leave the roster shorthanded w no ability to replace him- this is why i believe an addition by subtraction move must be done w ai- his contract MUST BE BROKEN UP now, even if it were for 2, 3, or 4 much lesser peices- ai trade would have to be within 20% of 21 mill (17-25 mill)

of course you could be right and the nuggets could possibly move under the cap by a couple million IF- jr is also givin away, but what is the point in that????

dont start looking at next years free agents, look at top 10 draft prospects, because we will have a good chance at selecting one of them- brandon jennings pg? austin daye pf? (not looking like a good draft coming)

after melo, jr, kleiza, & probobly nene our next most valuble trade peices were camby & najera and both were givin away- imagine what kmart & iversons trade value is now if cambys was nothing
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
this is simply not true- those salary spots do not get to be replaced if they expire- w melo, kmart, nene, & either or hopefully both JR or kleiza the nugs will already be STILL OVER THE CAP-

the only way to use those salaries to change players is to trade them before they expire- this is why im so focused on the fact that IVERSON MUST BE TRADED- if his contract expires it will then leave the roster shorthanded w no ability to replace him- this is why i believe an addition by subtraction move must be done w ai- his contract MUST BE BROKEN UP now, even if it were for 2, 3, or 4 much lesser peices- ai trade would have to be within 20% of 21 mill (17-25 mill)

of course you could be right and the nuggets could possibly move under the cap by a couple million IF- jr is also givin away, but what is the point in that????

dont start looking at next years free agents, look at top 10 draft prospects, because we will have a good chance at selecting one of them- brandon jennings pg? austin daye pf? (not looking like a good draft coming)

after melo, jr, kleiza, & probobly nene our next most valuble trade peices were camby & najera and both were givin away- imagine what kmart & iversons trade value is now if cambys was nothing

For starters, Denver still has the option of using the $10 million trade exception generated in the deal. Theoretically the Nuggets could use it right away, but more likely they will hang on to it until next year's draft and see who becomes available because using it now will cost them $20 million once the luxury tax is factored in.

The other way Denver could go would be to get under the cap for 2009, which seems like where they might be headed given some of this summer's other moves (trading their first-round pick, not re-signing Eduardo Najera). Take away the $10 million owed Camby and the expiring deals of Allen Iverson and Chucky Atkins, and Denver could find itself well under the salary cap if it follows through with a couple of secondary moves (paying somebody to take Steven Hunter, for instance). That would allow the Nuggets to rebuild on the fly around their twentysomethings, including Anthony (24), Smith (22), Nene (25) and Linas Kleiza (23), while adding a high-priced star to replace Iverson.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

i hope you are right- i just cant see how we get below the cap- with carmelo, kmart, & nene alone we are over 40 mill next year- they say it costs 20 mill or more to fill out the roster with any 10 guys- but to sign jr & kleiza, im assuming that it would cost at least 15 combined maybe closer to 20?? i admit i havent looked at all of the specifics and done the math, but the way i see it is that the only way the nugs get under the cap (wich is the only way to sign a fa for more than 5 mill)

if the reports are true that denver turned down krstic, marcus williams & boone are true- choosing to give away camby instead is even dumber- that would have been a GREAT deal- for us a new starting point gaurd (still on a rookie contract), a starting caliber center, and a very solid backup c/pf

skipping a good draft & giving away 2 of your top players makes less than no sense- also we now have huge holes to fill- dont we have to use the mle to fill them- it doesnt sound like it will be used, but if you are trying to improve it has to be used

this roster is the most unbalanced stupidly put together roster in the history of the nba

pg- ac/atkins/green
sg -iverson/???jr???/b jones/yakouba?/sonny/dahntay jones
sf- melo/kleiza
pf- kmart/???????????????
c-nene/hunter/jelani mccoy???

a 3rd string pg, a backup pg(at best) and a fringe nba/d league pg

the worst team player in the history of basketball and every excuse in the world to let the player who could spend the next 10 years as our #2 scorer walk because a coach that might have 2 more yearsin him doesnt "like" jr

we are still solid at one position-sf- until injuries or just lack of bodies forces kleiza to play pf- leaving no backup sf, oh except one of our half dozen sg's- now undersized at maybe every spot??

i believe nene is the center for this francise and that he will have a great year, but what if?? jelani mccoy &steven hunter can not be the answer

would new jersey take green & iverson & 3 future 1sts for m willams, krstic, nachbar,& swift?? probobly not- josh smith & bibby for iverson & atkins& 3 picks?? are there any answers now?

i would love to hear one logical solution- who do you trade now? & what are you looking for? this is getting harder & harder to fix- are we really just forfeiting this season
Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I've been a little late on the Nuggets news and I just found out while driving to work on the Jim Rome radio show.

Here are three questions that I want answers for:
1. Are we clearing cap space to clear cap space for luxury tax reasons?

2. Are we clearing cap space to have enough room for players the Nuggets front office want?

3.Will we ever he hear news about JR and going back to the Nuggets because the last I heard JR's dad said the money the Nuggets offer wasn't going to be enough to satisfy his son!?

There are only two players that I can think of right now who will be in trade rumors, now that Camby has left. Allen Iverson and Linas Kleiza.

Check this out guys:
1. JR hasn't signed with the Nuggets yet.
2. Diawara will likely leave the Nuggets to a team that will play him a lot.
3. Najera just signed with the Nets
4. Camby is now with the Clippers
5. We've lost a lot and have gain NOTHING
6. With Rex Chapman and Mark Warkentien we aren't getting any better
7. Kiki oh Kiki we kinda miss you now! (He is really turning the Nets to a contender)
8. The Nuggets lost out on Alexis Ajinca in this years draft
9. The Bulls wanted to trade the Nuggets for Camby, but we'd rather give up Camby for pretty much nothing and not trade with Chicago for a proven player, Hinrich maybe?
10. The Nuggets are pretty much the NBA's b*tch right now

If the Nuggets want to rebuild this team just tell us already. For all I know we could be letting go JR.
A.I. and Kleiza could be traded and I wouldn't be surprised if would trade them for nothing but future draft picks that we're going to trade anyways.

Please tell me this is just a dream because I can't believe it!
We pretty much have no PF's and C's, as well as no PG's.
There is one thing I do know and it's that we are all set at the SG postition.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
tsforthrees
red vines cray

one things for sure i'd rather blow this up instead of having a roster as unorganized as the one we have. it looks like an nba live poorly orchestrated fantasy draft
Old 07-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

agreed tsforthrees, better blow things up...as the squad wasnt going anywhere with the current players..

but what i dont understand..why give camby to the clippers? couldnt we had shipped him to eastern conference..why strengthen a team in our conference? its making our playoff qualification hard...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
tsforthrees
red vines cray

^ i guess the clippers were the only team who would take on his whole contract? but i heard new jersey wanted him badly. i'm past the camby situation now though. moving on to j.r. smith...who are we going to reward next? san antonio? golden state? our front office is handling this team horribly. we are a playoff team, we should have tried to get a few players who could at least contribute this year. our big men now stand as nene, kenyon martin, and steven hunter. WOW
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: