Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #16
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Camby to the Clippers?! For a 2nd round draft pick?!?!?!?!?!

If J.R Smith leaves this team is officialy screwed..the guy is my 2nd fav player on the team after AI N I believe he's a future all-star...The problem is with George Karl though...I heard he has some beef with JR...I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves but it'll be a huge blow to Denver....N why did they re-sign AC?
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #17
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's pretty clear Denver doesn't care about right now and is instead caring about the future. I doubt AI re-signs next year. Trading, I mean, giving away Camby is basically saying they're done trying to win right now with Iverson. Iverson/Melo/Martin/Camby/Nene make around 75million a year combined. Do they really think getting rid of 10million of that with Camby is going to solve much? They're still in tremendous debt. I don't care what they're trying to do... Camby for a 2nd round future pick is a horrible trade.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #18
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

No its not a second round pick. You forget. We traded him for the OPTION to switch second round picks. THE OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO A SECOND ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF? So if they get pick # idk lets say 45, & we get pick 44, what are we gonna switch? Big difference makers in that second round. We gave our defender away for an option to trade second round picks. Someone please kill this FO. Please. God damnit.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

the worst part is that camby's contract wasn't horrible. he was coming off the books the season after next. ai's is coming off next year. we didn't need to panic like we did. and who knows, what if this was the year nene put it all together? that would have solved a lot of problems. our only real hole was at point guard. now we have two glaring holes in our lineup and neither of them will be filled, and our cap situation is not looking much different. i don't know how buffoons like warkentien get jobs in the nba. this is ridiculous.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 AM   #20
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

why do they have to move the other camby thread from the nba site- we already have one here and it is way to annoying to read alot of those idiotic comments from others

i enjoy reading the posts on this site, but can sometimes barely stand the nba site- 3/4 of the posts on this site are from actual nugs fans

also those sticky note whatevers from the lakers series are also annoying to look at- can anyone do anything about them?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #21
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Soooooooooooooo... Marcus Camby for nothing starting to really sink in yet? If you need more time, I'll understand.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #22
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
why do they have to move the other camby thread from the nba site- we already have one here and it is way to annoying to read alot of those idiotic comments from others

i enjoy reading the posts on this site, but can sometimes barely stand the nba site- 3/4 of the posts on this site are from actual nugs fans

also those sticky note whatevers from the lakers series are also annoying to look at- can anyone do anything about them?

I agree with you on everything you said.

You know what I hate the most, is when those non-nuggets fans talk about how we are overrating our team and other stuff like that, it just really pisses me off.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #23
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Sorry guys, I know this is an old topic but I wasn't exactly following the NBA during the off season.

Wow, Marcus Camby for a 2nd round pick. I was shocked to just noticed that (again, sorry for not following during the off-season). I thought you guys would be dissapointed and I was right. After reading most of your posts, I think we can come to a conclusion that this was a stupid move. Like most of you guys said, Camby is one of the best players on your team and absolutely a dominant figure on defence. Come on, the guy recorded a triple double with blocks and in record breaking time, that's sick to the bone........

As a Toronto Raptors fan, I just have to say that we've been through a lot worse. The Vince Carter trade for us wasa disaster. At least you dumped salary, we got Alonzo Mourning and Eric Williams in return. Not only no salaries were dumped, Alonzo Mourning wouldn't play a game for us and we ended up paying half of his salaries to play for the Miami Heat. Not to mention that Eric Williams was never heard of again.

Camby is turning 34 this year? I think he may have 1-2 more decent season left before he is all washed up. I think your management could have got more out of this trade. We got Jermain O'Neal for TJ Ford. I am not sure if you guys offered Camby to Toronto, but I would have prefered Camby to Jermain O'Neal, because Camby is better on defence and less risk in terms of injury. But at least get a 1st round pick................jeez.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Good move, Camby sucked, our defense will be better without him.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #25
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

In other news, the clippers are good as **** in nba 2k9.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #26
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

im a little worried about the clippers being good in wc this year- the clipps have been one of the teams that has had denvers number and now they are are better team- baron davis and a frontcourt w kaman, camby, & tim thomas- plus eric gordon is the real deal and thorton & mobly- thats a pretty good team

if lakers,utah,no,sa,houston were the top 5 teams the next five teams would imo be den, portland, laclippers, phoenix, & dallas

are any of those 2nd 5 better than one of the 1st? wich 3 of the second 5 do you think will make the playoffs?

6-clippers- why did we help a team get better than us

7-nuggets- i think the nugs just out score too many teams

8-mavericks- dirk & kidd out battle portland & PHOENIX for the 8th spot

will the suns or the mavericks or nuggets miss the playoffs?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #27
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Clippers are better but not 6 seed better.

I say

6 - Phoenix 51-31 (They're still a crazy good team if they're healthy, definitely has a chance to break the top 5. No one will stop Amare.)

7 - Mavs. 49-33 (Any team with Dirk and Jkidd will succeed. Throw in Josh Howard and Jason Terry and you've got another playoff bound team, especially with Carlisle coaching.)

8 - Nuggets. 47-35 (Will make a surge after the all star break, will finish just barely ahead of Portland but won't advance in the playoffs - Karl gets fired, AD named head coach)
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #28
RobboUK
I brick open layups

RobboUK has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

ha exactly
RobboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 AM   #29
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

I think the Suns wont make it to the playoffs. They have a new coach. Nash used to benefit a lot from Mike's system. We're yet to see how the team would do and if they've improved their D or not. Shaq might be in good shape but from what I've heard he looked really bad in the pre-season. He's not motivated if you ask me.

On the other, Blazers have a shot
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #30
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Sounds familiar??????

October 20 Los Angeles Times

The wait to see the Clippers' Marcus Camby -- in a real-time game, that is -- will apparently be longer than previously expected. Camby, plagued by a bruised right heel, on Sunday effectively ruled himself out for the remainder of the exhibition season. He was speaking at Staples Center after the Clippers defeated FC Barcelona, 114-109, their fourth victory in five exhibition games. "They're shutting me down, resting me," Camby said. "Double treatments a day. . . . Hopefully, I can be all right opening night. That's my goal."
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: